PDA

View Full Version : 12 year old girl 1 - canada 0

jason
06-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Court overturns father's grounding of 12-year-old

June 19, 2008 - 6:03AM
Advertisement

A Canadian court has lifted a 12-year-old girl's grounding, overturning her father's punishment for disobeying his orders to stay off the internet, his lawyer said.

The girl had taken her father to Quebec Superior Court after he refused to allow her to go on a school trip for chatting on websites he tried to block, and then posting "inappropriate" pictures of herself online using a friend's computer.

The father's lawyer Kim Beaudoin said the disciplinary measures were for the girl's "own protection" and is appealing the ruling.

"She's a child," Beaudoin said.

"At her age, children test their limits and it's up to their parents to set boundaries.

"I started an appeal of the decision today to reestablish parental authority, and to ensure that this case doesn't set a precedent," she said. Otherwise, said Beaudoin, "parents are going to be walking on egg shells from now on".

"I think most children respect their parents and would never go so far as to take them to court, but it's clear that some would and we have to ask ourselves how far this will go."

According to court documents, the girl's internet transgression was just the latest in a string of broken house rules. Even so, Justice Suzanne Tessier found her punishment too severe.

Beaudoin noted the girl used a court-appointed lawyer in her parents' 10-year custody dispute to launch her landmark case against her dad.

LINK (http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tales/court-overturns-fathers-grounding-of-12yearold/2008/06/19/1213770765707.html)

at least the US isnt the only country with idiots running things....

crzyjournalist03
06-19-2008, 09:45 AM
shoot, my parents refused to let me go on a school trip once just because they didn't think I needed to go...had nothing to do with punishment...I guess they were stuck-up conservatives who needed to join the 21st century...dang it...if only I'd known I could sue...

waterboy
06-19-2008, 10:12 AM
If it weren't serious this would be laughable! How dare the court get involved in a parent's justifiable punishment. That judge should have thrown the case out and saved taxpayers' money. People like that have no business being judges, IMO. What would have happened had the Dad just given her a whoopin'?:D

eppy 12
06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
just as one party wants to nationalize oil refineries, let's nationalize parenting too:thinking:

pirate4state
06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
OMG :doh: :doh: :helpme: crazy Canadians

Nursebetty
06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
:eek: :doh:

CenTexSports
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
She has no place being a judge. This woman needs to be a MODERATER!!!!!!

SWMustang
06-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
She has no place being a judge. This woman needs to be a MODERATER!!!!!!

now that's a good one there :D

rangerjim
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
beauty of a ruling, eh? Those crazy Canucks............. I have an idea - yank that dang computer out of the wall.................

BobcatBenny
06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
just as one party wants to nationalize oil refineries, let's nationalize parenting too:thinking:
Well ... maybe not nationalize ... but the Texas CPS would desire to socialize parenting. :doh:

Or ... send all of our children to live at the governor's mansion! :blush:

Maybe we should issue birthing licenses? A lesson that we should have learnt from China. :ack!:

Even better ... we could just out law heterosexual reproduction all together. At least ... until the homosexuals can reproduce! Fair is fair :D

Johnny 5
06-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Blaaame Canada!

rangerjim
06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
ever see the movie where John Candy declares war and attacks Canada? Can't think of the name of it but it was hilarious........

JasperDog94
06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
we could just out law heterosexual reproduction all together. At least ... until the homosexuals can reproduce! Fair is fair :D I wouldn't be surprised if this was tried.:p

Ranger Mom
06-19-2008, 08:26 PM

Even better ... we could just out law heterosexual reproduction all together. At least ... until the homosexuals can reproduce! Fair is fair :D

They can always go the route this "homosexual" couple went:

:eek: :eek:

http://justastory.co.uk/blog/wp-admin/images/pregnant%20man.jpg

BobcatBenny
06-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They can always go the route this "homosexual" couple went:

:eek: :eek:

http://justastory.co.uk/blog/wp-admin/images/pregnant%20man.jpg
Oh you are just really twisted!;)

Highschoolfan78
06-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Idk what the Canadian judge is thinking ABOOT. He should get beaten by a mountie for making this decision. Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

piratebg
06-20-2008, 12:37 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh271/farkkelt/blame-canada.jpg

garciap77
06-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Well ... maybe not nationalize ... but the Texas CPS would desire to socialize parenting. :doh:

Or ... send all of our children to live at the governor's mansion! :blush:

Maybe we should issue birthing licenses? A lesson that we should have learnt from China. :ack!:

LOL :clap: :clap: :clap:
How much will it cost to get the License?;)