PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville -vs- Buna

Wildcat81
09-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Does anybody know the score between Kirbyville Buna.

bccards
09-12-2003, 11:18 PM
K-ville blows out Buna 39-0 Congrats on the win!

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

KvilleWildcats60
09-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Kirbyville is looking good in their win over Buna! Kirbyville could very well dethrone Jasper, or Newton as one of the top dogs of the district.

Billy Boy
09-12-2003, 11:29 PM
KvilleWildcats60:
Kirbyville is looking good in their win over Buna! Kirbyville could very well dethrone Jasper, or Newton as one of the top dogs of the district.Beating Buna doesn't make you a top dog. I wish you well in district. But don't count Diboll out for one of the top three spots. Good luck.

Wildcat81
09-12-2003, 11:46 PM
KvilleWildcats60:
Kirbyville is looking good in their win over Buna! Kirbyville could very well dethrone Jasper, or Newton as one of the top dogs of the district.wouldn't that be wonderful beating Jasper& Newton.

Wildcat81
09-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Billy Boy:

KvilleWildcats60:
Kirbyville is looking good in their win over Buna! Kirbyville could very well dethrone Jasper, or Newton as one of the top dogs of the district.Beating Buna doesn't make you a top dog. I wish you well in district. But don't count Diboll out for one of the top three spots. Good luck.Yes Diboll looks pretty tough.

Billy Boy
09-12-2003, 11:50 PM
They beat a very good Carthage team tonight 21-0.

Reveille
09-13-2003, 05:56 AM
Wildcat81:
wouldn't that be wonderful beating Jasper& Newton.It would be a great accomplishment for you guys to do it, but it won't happern this year. wink

Jason1725
09-13-2003, 07:29 AM
Don't get too cocky Jasper fans Kirbyville is pretty good. They remind me a lot of the Burkeville Mustangs from a few years ago that won state. They have a good ground game and a sharp defense. Granted I have not seen Jasper play since that first game but if they still play like that Kirbyville will give them a game. They gave Jasper everything they wanted last year as well, they was happy to come away with a 14-0 win.

Reveille
09-13-2003, 08:01 AM
Jason, I was actually referring to K-ville not being able to beat both Jasper and Newton this year. I never said they would not beat Jasper.

spiveyrat
09-13-2003, 10:53 AM
KvilleWildcats60:
Kirbyville is looking good in their win over Buna! Kirbyville could very well dethrone Jasper, or Newton as one of the top dogs of the district.Ya think?

crimson blood
09-13-2003, 11:14 AM
wouldn't that be wonderful beating Jasper& Newton. - timothy o'leary of kirbyville(?)

Compudyne
09-13-2003, 07:40 PM
I agree with Jason, Kirbyville looks to be pretty tuff. It is hard to base anything off of the Buna game because they (Buna) were not that impressive. It was good to see Kirbyville play well as a team. That is something that I have not seen all year. Good Luck Wildcats.

Wildcat81
09-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Kirbyville played well the real test will be Jasper Newton And maybe Diboll.

fan4allsports
09-16-2003, 11:15 AM
KvilleWildcats60:
Kirbyville is looking good in their win over Buna! Kirbyville could very well dethrone Jasper, or Newton as one of the top dogs of the district.That is not likely to happen as long as kids are being played out of position and they have the offensive play calling that they have. Kirbyville will not beat Jasper or Newton but, very well could be in the #3 spot. Good Luck Wildcats!

OLDREF
09-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Fan,
Sounds like sour grapes to me. My guess is that your son is probably not getting to play the position he played in Jr. High or PEE WEE. What are your qualifications to make those type of judgements? Housewife...... Sounds like yall need to find another coach who will play the kids where yall want them and run some good plays.

big69
09-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Nice job on that @$$ whoopin' K-ville! Sounds like this district gets tougher every week, or tougher than everybody thought it was going to be. But we'll know just good it will be after week 5. Good luck to all the 20-3A teams this week!

Compudyne
09-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Fan4allsports, you seem to know a lot about Kirbyville Football for a housewife. I did not realize that they played so many kids out of position. I will check it out a little closer this week. As for the play calling, It has been enough to win 3 in a row. What more could we want. Yes, I could live without the close games also but a win is a win.

sphinx1906
09-16-2003, 01:55 PM
thats a good observation about the housewife comp., but she does have a point! Kirbyville has a knack of playing kids out of position. Kirbyville is a lot tougher this year so good luck beating the lumberjacks this year. I think it will happen, espically with #2 running so hard. Good luck Cats.

Big Red
09-16-2003, 02:15 PM
KIRBYVILLE IS SHOWING TO BE A TUFF TEAM THIS YEAR. THEY MAY VERY WELL GIVE NEWTON AND JASPER A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY.GOOD LUCK WILDCATS!

duckbutter
09-16-2003, 02:31 PM
I still stand by my prediction of Newton, kirbyvill and Jasper. It just seems to me that the Kirbyville fans gripe and whine too much about the coaches, play calling, not playing little Johnny, blah, blah blah, blah blah.....

big69
09-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Can you see who gives you how many star's?

Big Red
09-16-2003, 03:31 PM
SINCE THIS TOPIC IS NO LONGER ABOUT BUNA, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PREDICTIONS ON THE KIRBYVILLE/TARKINGTON GAME?

crimson blood
09-16-2003, 04:44 PM
have you ever seen a basket of crabs at the bait shop. they don't have to put a lid on it. any time one starts to climb up the side the other crabs grab him and pull him back down.
the same is true of people that are in a loser area. when one group tries to climb out the previous generation begins to pull them down :confused: .

coach 'a', keep the good work and don't let the crabs pull you down. those same ones will say 'i knew if he did xxx they could win it all' after you win.

big69
09-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Hey!Let's see how many times we can change the subject! :D

crimson blood
09-16-2003, 08:38 PM
what were we talking about? wink

Wildcat81
09-17-2003, 07:01 AM
Big Red:
SINCE THIS TOPIC IS NO LONGER ABOUT BUNA, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PREDICTIONS ON THE KIRBYVILLE/TARKINGTON GAME?Kirbyville 35
Tarkington 7

MtnAg
09-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Kirbyville 49
TaRkington 0

Kirbyville has a good defense and I think they will hold them scoreless.

Whats all this talk about poor play calling and playing kids out of position at Kirbyville.

Little Johnny might not be playing where he wants or he might still be on JV, but that is the coaches call and you cant argue with 3-0. Everybody cant be a running back or a starter tell your kid that the coaches are doing what they think is best and they dont have to like it but they do need to respect it. Tell them to work harder in practice to catch the caoches eye.

Compudyne
09-17-2003, 09:06 AM
Well put MtnAg. I am glad to see some support out there for what the Wildcats are doing. I can remember when the Kats couldn't win a game and it was just expected to lose. Now they are having some success and that is not good enough for some people. Win by 10 and they want to win by 20. Win by 30 and they want to win by 40. Remember what I said before. A win is a win.

Rocksolid
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Why is everyone predicting the scores on games when Kirbyville is playing someone like Buna, Tarkington, or Kelly? They need to wait and start their predictions when Kirbyville plays tougher teams like Jasper, Newton, or Dibol that's were the real exitement is not on these predistrinc game when the coaches are just trying to see what they can do and how good their team really is.

Compudyne
09-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Rock, you are correct. Predictions over the next 2 weeks don't mean a thing. Everything changes in the first week of District. That is when it all starts for real.

MtnAg
09-17-2003, 12:43 PM
So what is wrong with us making predictions right now? We are just giving opinions on how we think the games will turn out. I will admit that these are not powerhouses by any means, but its still a fun thing to do. Yes Kirbyvilles schedule has been kind of weak but as you said they are still filling there team out.

So you want predictions, Ill give you predictions.
Newton will win Dist. 20 3A I think that is a pretty easy one.

Kirbyville will beat Jasper. It was just 14-0 a year ago and Kirbyville has everyone back, Yes I know Jasper is a good team and they have some outstanding players, but they had better players last year and look how well Kirbyville played them, But the Game is in Jasper. It will be close but I think Kirbyville will pull it out in the end.

So what about Jasper and Diboll??? Thats a very good Question, I think it will be a DOG FIGHT for 2nd & 3rd in this District between Kirbyville, Diboll, and Jasper. I dont know much about Diboll but they shut out a Top 10 Carthage Team. It should be interesting when District starts and as you say that is when it really counts.

Your right of course, but I was bored and wanted somethig to talk about.

Im just an observer and those are my observations even if they are pretty vague.

big69
09-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Well Buna is not a push over program (i dont guess?!) But if K-ville can beat them 49-0 then they are going to cream Tarkington. I pick 55-0!

Rocksolid
09-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Even if Kirbyville does CREAM Tarkington i don't think they will try to blow them out.
I predict Kivlle by 40.

Compudyne
09-17-2003, 01:34 PM
I would love to see Kirbyville score 40 on anyone. From what I have seen, the kicking game really needs to come through. I think the Touchdowns will come often this week. I just want to see the Wildcats make some extra points.

MtnAg
09-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Isnt K-ville doing the kicking by committee thing. However they did make a couple of PATs vs. Buna.

Compudyne
09-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Looks like they need a new chairman for that committee. They need some help.

billbrasky
09-17-2003, 02:19 PM
go for 2

crimson blood
09-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Kirbyville will beat Jasper. It was just 14-0 a year ago and Kirbyville has everyone back keep in mind that this year k-v will have to travel to jasper. that stadium is pretty intimidating. eek! for k-v to have a real chance they will have to start the game with momentum. if they wait til the 2nd quarter or later to begin a push of any kind the game will have already been decided. :)

big69
09-17-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm no really going say one is going to beat the other but it might be a heck of a game if both teams continue to play like they have!

KvilleWildcats60
09-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Kville is looking good this year. I dont care what the critics say Kirbyville is definately a force to be reckoned witin the district and also within the state.

Prediction Kirbyville 54- Tarkington-0

Compudyne
09-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Daddyman, Is Jasper's stadium really that intimidating of a place. I have never watched a game there.

MtnAg
09-18-2003, 08:42 AM
I know K-ville is a good young team, but getting as the 2nd or 3rd place team is not going to be easy. They have a chance to do better than they did last year.

Now Im sure Jasper is a intimidating place to play but I think K-ville kids are better than they were last year given that they are still a rather young team and the jasper kids might have some good players but they are not as exsperienced. Most of all the K-ville kids played in the Jasper game lastyear and they stood up pretty good. So I think the K-ville kids know what to exspect and the Jasper kids might look past them because k-ville has a past reputation as being the doormat of the Dist.

big69
09-18-2003, 08:49 AM
No, Huntington is the 20-3A doormat. Weren't most of the K-ville players last year sophs?

<small>[ September 18, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: big69 ]</small>

MtnAg
09-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Yes you are right about Huntington, but it wasnt to long ago that K-ville had a large loosing streak over several years. But they have turned that around and are now really respectable. What I mean by doormat is that K-ville is that LITTLE school south of Jasper and I think that might be in the Jasper players minds. I think Most of them look at K-ville as uncapable of beating them. ITs going to be a good game and I think the outcome will be very surprising.

Most of the players were sophmores last year and starters.

big69
09-18-2003, 10:05 AM
MtnAg:
Yes you are right about Huntington, but it wasnt to long ago that K-ville had a large loosing streak over several years. But they have turned that around and are now really respectable. What I mean by doormat is that K-ville is that LITTLE school south of Jasper and I think that might be in the Jasper players minds. I think Most of them look at K-ville as uncapable of beating them. ITs going to be a good game and I think the outcome will be very surprising.

Most of the players were sophmores last year and starters.This is only going to make it a better game, probably better than Jasper/Newton game. And with just about the whole K-ville team being juniors, it will be another succesful year for them, maybe even a heck of a lot better! Good Luck to both Teams!

fan4allsports
09-18-2003, 11:12 AM
For the record I do not have a child playing football but, I have attended most of the games. I have a opinion just like all of you do, and that doesn't mean I am wrong or right it just means that I live in a free country that gives me the right to voice my opinion openly and freely. Whether or not your a housewife or Bill Gates him self makes no difference. To try to say that a housewife has no real reason to have a opinion is wrong. We should all be able to express or own beliefs without critics. That is why I would never ask your crudentials because it does not matter to me. Your are a person with the right to say what you want to say just as I am.
Good Luck Wildcats! Beat Tarrkington! Go Wildcats! :p

big69
09-18-2003, 11:26 AM
fan4allsports:
For the record I do not have a child playing football but, I have attended most of the games. I have a opinion just like all of you do, and that doesn't mean I am wrong or right it just means that I live in a free country that gives me the right to voice my opinion openly and freely. Whether or not your a housewife or Bill Gates him self makes no difference. To try to say that a housewife has no real reason to have a opinion is wrong. We should all be able to express or own beliefs without critics. That is why I would never ask your crudentials because it does not matter to me. Your are a person with the right to say what you want to say just as I am.
Good Luck Wildcats! Beat Tarrkington! Go Wildcats! :p You Go Girl! (or Guy?!) :rolleyes:

MtnAg
09-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Know one said your opinion was wrong, I was stating mine aboout the play calling and the kids playing out of position. I myself do not coach football anymore but I still coach and my dad was a football coach.

As a coach we hear that stuff all the time, but what people dont realize is that we are doing what we think is best for the kids and the team (which is not allways popular), because if they are successful then will be also. I here all the time little johnny should be getting more PT and he is a Div. 1 player and this and thahent. Those people have know idea what really goes on at practice in the film room or wherever. Thats good that we support or kids and we want them to be the best they posiblly can be, but at the same time lets be realistic and let the coaches do what they think is best for the team. I can assure you if little johnny is a stud and a d1 player coach is going to let him play

spiveyrat
09-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Compudyne:
Daddyman, Is Jasper's stadium really that intimidating of a place. I have never watched a game there.Personally, I don't think Jasper's stadium is all that intimidating. I think their reputation is what can be intimidating.

Compudyne
09-18-2003, 12:13 PM
fan4allsports:
Good Luck Wildcats! Beat Tarrkington! Go Wildcats! :p Don't get your feelings hurt because people don't agree with you. You are a coach basher. Almost every comment you make is talking bad about coaches. We like our coaches. If you bash them for personal reasons, be prepared to catch some heat. They are doing a great job.

sphinx1906
09-18-2003, 12:28 PM
well said comp. I hate coach bashers. I am entittled to my opinion just as much as any housewife on here. If you don't like how people are talking to you, leave . Otherwise grin and take it. I hope kirbyville wins big, which they will, due to the playcalling of coach Alvarez and defensive direction of coach Barbay. Good luck Coaches And Athletes.

Rocksolid
09-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Fan4allsports,
I dont care what you say I still believe that you are a housewife, and I also believe that the reason you wrote what you wrote is because your son is not getting the p/t you want him to get on the varsity level.

KvilleWildcats60
09-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Kirbyville's Kicking game is fine. The kicker has been injured the past few weeks and look for Kirbyville to be in full form this week vs. Tarkington. I expect the kicker will make most of his extra points, if only the line would give him time to kick. Tighten Up Kville, Were getting ready for huntington because sometimes the doormat can do the stomping.

crimson blood
09-18-2003, 09:16 PM
Daddyman, Is Jasper's stadium really that intimidating of a place. I have never watched a game there. comp, part of what i thought was intimidating in jasper is mentioned earlier...their reputation.
however, when i was there last year i really noticed how close the fans are to the field. there is no real track only room for about 2-3 running lanes of asphalt. to add to that, this year they moved the band from the endzone seats to the student section.

also the rock wall is pretty impressive if you like old-time football feel(nostalgia).

like so many home fields the visitors have dressing quarters that are [i]barely adequate. this sets the tone that we are not at home.

Backwoods
09-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Comp, the most intimidating thing is the parking. There ain"t none.

Compudyne
09-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Backwoods:
Comp, the most intimidating thing is the parking. There ain"t none.Thanks for the information. I will definately get there early. I will assume there is plenty of seating.

Compudyne
09-19-2003, 09:12 AM
crimson blood:

Daddyman, Is Jasper's stadium really that intimidating of a place. I have never watched a game there. comp, part of what i thought was intimidating in jasper is mentioned earlier...their reputation.
however, when i was there last year i really noticed how close the fans are to the field. there is no real track only room for about 2-3 running lanes of asphalt. to add to that, this year they moved the band from the endzone seats to the student section.

also the rock wall is pretty impressive if you like old-time football feel(nostalgia).

like so many home fields the visitors have dressing quarters that are [i]barely adequate. this sets the tone that we are not at home.Sounds like a tough place to play.

Wildcat81
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
spiveyrat:

Compudyne:
Daddyman, Is Jasper's stadium really that intimidating of a place. I have never watched a game there.Personally, I don't think Jasper's stadium is all that intimidating. I think their reputation is what can be intimidating.I agree with you spiveyrat why would a stadium be intimidating it just grass, steel, wood paint it's not alive it can't hurt,you, teams are imtimidating they are real they can hurt you.
GO BIG K

JasperDog94
09-19-2003, 05:41 PM
[/QUOTE]I will assume there is plenty of seating.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't assume that. I know that last years Jasper/Newton game was a sellout.

<small>[ September 19, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

Backwoods
09-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Jasper has a great fan turnout. They sit on both sides of the field.

crimson blood
09-19-2003, 06:26 PM
I agree with you spiveyrat why would a stadium be intimidating it just grass, steel, wood paint it's not alive it can't hurt,you, teams are imtimidating they are real they can hurt you.
location can be intimidating, regardless of the level of the league. examples would be clemson (death valley?), the university of tesxas or a&m, cincinnatti bengal stadium (junk yard?)

whether or not it should be is not the question. it frequently is the stadium that is intimidating. or maybe better said 'the atmosphere'. some do a better job of creating home field advantage. :)