PDA

View Full Version : Hamshire-Fannett downs Orangefield

Bobkat
10-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Hats off to H-F, they played a very good game tonight. They took it right to us and we just couldn't stop them. They deserved the win tonight, they outplayed us, no excuses here. Turnovers killed Orangefield early and H-F capatilized on every one by getting in the endzone. Once that snowball started rolling we couldn't stop it. We weren't able to move the ball on the ground, so we had to go to the air. All year long we have set up the pass by running the ball. Tonight we had to throw early in the game to play catch up and Modica was a little off. We looked very flat tonight, like the kids were tired. Having back to back emotional games like we've had the past two weeks could have been a factor tonight. Throw Homecoming on top of that, and they seemed to be elsewhere tonight. But I'm very proud of this team because they never quit tonight. You hate to lose, but this could be a blessing in that it woke this team back up. Keep your heads up guys, win out and the district championship is still yours for the taking.

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

3ABirdMan
10-18-2003, 12:26 AM
Sorry for your loss, Cats. I know how hard it is to be up 3 weeks in a row - Bridge City, Anahuac, and Homecoming in a row!

Keep your heads up, and keep fighting!

Bobkat
10-18-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks Birdman, good to see those Cardinals rolling again. I think our kids will respond well to the loss and know that they have to go back to work starting on Monday.

bccards
10-18-2003, 01:03 AM
Sorry to hear about the 'Cats loss tonight. If yall win out, and BC wins out, the championship will really be shared, but could look at it as Ofields since they downed BC. What happened tonight, was it just that bad?

the-O-fence
10-18-2003, 01:20 AM
Man there are some pretty suprising teams in that district. People weren't giving Orangefield a chance at the beginning of the season, and now no one gave HF a chance and they pulled off a win against Oragefield. There is really gonna be a race all the way to the end of the season, congrats to HF and Orangefield, I'm sure Orangefield put up a heck of a fight.

Bobkat
10-18-2003, 10:02 AM
We just couldn't run the ball tonight. We lost our big center before the game even started, he severly rolled his ankle in just a freak accident. He didn't play at all, and our gameplan all year long has been running right off his butt. We had to switch some people around on offense and they never got into a groove. We've set up the pass all year by running the ball. H-F took that away and we had to put the ball in the air. We just couldn't put a drive together and our defense stayed on the field all night. H-F just ran right at us and basically wore us down. Our kids played hard and will bounce back from this. I'm proud of the way they played hard the entire game and never gave up. This is a special group of young men, they'll come out fighting next week.

Old Cardinal
10-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss Bobcats. That H-F pulls one off just about every year. The passing game is such a nebulous thing. It enhances your chances to win OR lose games. That center is an All-Dist. or better for OF, having him out makes a lot of difference. It's going to get interesting, I just hope BC or OF and not Anahuac wins the District. I just don't like their attitude over there. H-J almost upset them tonight.

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

3AFTNUT
10-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Old Cardinal your attiude is not so great either.
I can`t anthing about BC but Orangefield is just average team

3AFTNUT
10-18-2003, 07:01 PM
I can`t say anything bad about BC

hsffan
10-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Doesn't OF still have to play HJ. HJ has good speed at QB/RB. HF made the district race more interesting with it's win. Looks like the race is going down to the last week.

the-O-fence
10-19-2003, 10:15 PM
I believe Orangefield's next three games are against Buna, Hardin Jefferson, and Hardin.

BIGRED001
10-19-2003, 10:24 PM
the-O-fence:
I believe Orangefield's next three games are against Buna, Hardin Jefferson, and Hardin.Boy that is a shocker. But I do agree it's hard to stay up for 3 weeks. Orangefield is a fine team, and I am sure they will bounce back. A loss like this can only improve their chances in the playoffs, as it will expose weaknesses. Hopefully OF can learn from it. This sure does make an interesting finish this year. I guess it will come down to a point spread at the end. Don't really know how they actually determine the distict champ when teams are tied, but this makes the BC/Anahuac game have a lot more zip to it.

exbccards76'smom
10-20-2003, 05:22 AM
Our defense is making improvements. But they are still a little weak in defending the pass. They need to practice that in the next 2 weeks before Anahuac. wink