PDA

View Full Version : Roster Predictions: US Olympic Basketball

Old Tiger
06-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Who are your starting five plus reserves?

Here are a few players I would make starters.....

F - LeBron James
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Chris Paul

I'd definately start Chris Paul over Jason Kidd.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Add in Dwight Howard and Carmelo, and I'd say you've got it for the starters.

Deron Williams/Chris Paul could be interchanged. I personally like Williams better--more physical for the international game.

Old Tiger
06-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Add in Dwight Howard and Carmelo, and I'd say you've got it for the starters.

Deron Williams/Chris Paul could be interchanged. I personally like Williams better--more physical for the international game. Isn't the international game less physical though? :confused:

BreckTxLonghorn
06-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Just because there's more finesse doesn't mean the rules require it to be less physical.

I believe its a lot more lax on hand-checking, incidental contact, etc. Don't know the rulebook though.

eagles_victory
06-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Jason Kidd plays great when he has athletes around him hes 38-0 in international play he really knows how to run the game and get the stars involved so he has got to be one of the go to guys

Id Start

PG Chris Paul
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Carmelo Anthony ( great international player)
PF Lebron James ( can go smaller in international ball but it isnt that small sinces hes 6'8)
C. Dwight Howard or possibly Chris Bosh

big daddy russ
06-18-2008, 11:20 PM
These aren't necessarily the players on the roster, but if I were to pick a team right now using US-eligible players, this is what it would look like:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Tim Duncan

maestro
06-19-2008, 06:56 AM
love chris paul's game....

i'd want carlos boozer on my team.....guy plays tough down low....and ego free.....he'd FOUL some guys and take the heat off garnett and duncan...

make sure you have SHOOTERS...the United States gets in trouble when guys cannot shoot....

here is a surprise.....I'D TAKE J.J. REDICK on the team......or even derrick rose.....

Phil C
06-19-2008, 08:25 AM
You need a strong tall center though.

maestro
06-19-2008, 08:33 AM
okafor has had success playing internationally...

thing that scares me about howard and okafor though is....

take away the layups and dunks.....can they score????

same with bosh......