PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to check on JR2004 tonight...

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:43 PM
make sure he is ok....

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:48 PM
wow...up by 39

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:49 PM
make that 43

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 10:50 PM
lakers suck haha

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:51 PM
42 is the record...Bulls over Jazz

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:52 PM
dont think ive ever seen gaotrade dumped on a coach in a basketball game before...that was weird

Bull Butter
06-17-2008, 10:52 PM
No dacos for Mbenga tonight

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 10:54 PM
lol @ this thread

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82924&highlight=lakers

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
No dacos for Mbenga tonight

131-92 Final....ouch

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
look at Garnett....crying like a baby!

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
look at Garnett....crying like a baby!

haha...he sounds drunk

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
haha...he sounds drunk he snuck to the locker room at the start of the 4th quarter and started celebrating early :D

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Bill Russell and Kevin Garnett hugging was classic....he kept telling Russell..."Ive got my own" since Russell told him earlier in the playoffs that if they didnt win the title he would share one of his rings with him...

kaorder1999
06-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
he snuck to the locker room at the start of the 4th quarter and started celebrating early :D

he might have....i didnt make out one word he said during that interview when he was looking at the camera and yelling....

PHS Wildcats
06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Glad KG, Ray Allen aka Jesus Shuttlesworth and Paul Pierce got their Rings!!! :clap:

JR2004
06-18-2008, 12:23 AM
make sure he is ok....

lol...I don't need to be checked on. Making the Finals with the young group we had was more than anything I could've hoped for this year from the Purple and Gold. I can't think of a team with our youth and inexperience that had a better run in the last 20 years. I'm more than happy that they made it this far this season. I would've preferred they not get destroyed tonight by our biggest rival, but sometimes it's like that. Once the guys fell behind 3-1 in the series I knew it was done. Heck Magic didn't even beat the leprechauns in his first shot at them in 1984.

We have a great young core that can only learn from a beatdown like tonight. I'm very excited about the Lakers going forward. Even after getting Gasol I still thought that we probably wouldn't get any further than the Western Finals because we had no defensive anchor without Bynum. Heck we didn't get our best perimeter defender back in Ariza (Those are Jackson's words about him and I concur) until about 3 weeks ago. This is the most proud I've been of a Laker team since the 92-93 season when a blown call cost us a gigantic upset of Barkley's Suns.

Old Tiger
06-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
lol...I don't need to be checked on. Making the Finals with the young group we had was more than anything I could've hoped for this year from the Purple and Gold. I can't think of a team with our youth and inexperience that had a better run in the last 20 years. I'm more than happy that they made it this far this season. I would've preferred they not get destroyed tonight by our biggest rival, but sometimes it's like that. Once the guys fell behind 3-1 in the series I knew it was done. Heck Magic didn't even beat the leprechauns in his first shot at them in 1984.

We have a great young core that can only learn from a beatdown like tonight. I'm very excited about the Lakers going forward. Even after getting Gasol I still thought that we probably wouldn't get any further than the Western Finals because we had no defensive anchor without Bynum. Heck we didn't get our best perimeter defender back in Ariza (Those are Jackson's words about him and I concur) until about 3 weeks ago. This is the most proud I've been of a Laker team since the 92-93 season when a blown call cost us a gigantic upset of Barkley's Suns. so says the now humbled laker fan

JR2004
06-18-2008, 12:31 AM
lol @ this thread

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82924&highlight=lakers

I guess you must've missed this quote at the end...lol.

"Oh and fans of the two eastern teams left. If you want a title you better get it this year because this will be the last chance either of your teams have to bring home a title for a long, long time."

My post was directed at Western Conference fans. Hence the title of that thread.

PS I'm not changing my stance about how good we're going to be going forward. We just got beat, plain and simple. Losing to a veteran group that just outplayed us doesn't change my stance at all on the future of the Purple and Gold. I'm still going to be just as cocky and arrogant about them going forward, but not so much tonight after that beatdown at the hands of the leprechauns. Tonight was awfully reminiscent of a 2001 Western Finals beatdown where one team mailed it in for two straight games and were called quitters by their coach. :)

JR2004
06-18-2008, 12:32 AM
so says the now humbled laker fan

lol...Not humbled in the least, especially when I expected us to lose tonight. Obviously not by that score, but I expected a loss in the 15-20 point range at the very least.

Old Tiger
06-18-2008, 12:37 AM
I guess you must've missed this quote at the end...lol.

"Oh and fans of the two eastern teams left. If you want a title you better get it this year because this will be the last chance either of your teams have to bring home a title for a long, long time."

My post was directed at Western Conference fans. Hence the title of that thread.

PS I'm not changing my stance about how good we're going to be going forward. We just got beat, plain and simple. Losing to a veteran group that just outplayed us doesn't change my stance at all on the future of the Purple and Gold. I'm still going to be just as cocky and arrogant about them going forward, but not so much tonight after that beatdown at the hands of the leprechauns. Tonight was awfully reminiscent of a 2001 Western Finals beatdown where one team mailed it in for two straight games and were called quitters by their coach. :) Lakers won't win w/ out Shaq

Emerson1
06-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Go Blue #1 Celtics fan!

Old Tiger
06-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Go Blue #1 Celtics fan! no.....spurs only

bandera7
06-18-2008, 01:14 AM
I sure hope the Celtics get the Referees Association a ring as well

Maroon87
06-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Tonight was awfully reminiscent of a 2001 Western Finals beatdown where one team mailed it in for two straight games and were called quitters by their coach. :)

Or like 2003, where one team was looking for a 4-peat but got rolled by 28 at home in an elimination game.

I know, I know...it was all Shaq's fault.

Bull's-eye
06-18-2008, 04:16 PM
IMO, the Lakers depend too much on their 1 superstar and really don't have another great player. Gasol & Odom are good players, but not the kind that can take over a game. Boston has 3 great players and it was just too difficult to stop all 3. Lakers made need to trade Odom & Gasol for an upper tier all-star type player.

Emerson1
06-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
IMO, the Lakers depend too much on their 1 superstar and really don't have another great player. Gasol & Odom are good players, but not the kind that can take over a game. Boston has 3 great players and it was just too difficult to stop all 3. Lakers made need to trade Odom & Gasol for an upper tier all-star type player.
Their problem was outside of their "big 3" they have NO ONE. Sasha and Radmondavich are terrible but think they are actually good.

Bull's-eye
06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I have a problem including Odom & Gasol with Kobe as the "big 3". Gasol is a nice player and does a lot of the blue collar work, but Odom is highly over-rated. Odom has the potential, but seems to get lost in key stretches of the game. Neither player scares their opponent. Everyone keeps waiting for Bryant to do it himself, to scrap the season’s model of Lakers balance, and go it alone in Boston. That won't work against the Celtic's defense.

JasperDog94
06-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I sure hope the Celtics get the Referees Association a ring as well Uhhhhh.......okay:confused: :confused:

zebrablue2
06-18-2008, 10:29 PM
I sure hope the Celtics get the Referees Association a ring as well

OK....:fnypost:

Necks_Fan
06-19-2008, 01:11 AM
KG said he wanted his momma. ROFLMAO!

Haha!

What a weiner.

Necks_Fan
06-19-2008, 01:12 AM
I sure hope the Celtics get the Referees Association a ring as well They won by 39. Lol. The refs couldn't have helped the Lakers even if they wanted to.

Maroon87
06-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
The refs couldn't have helped the Lakers even if they wanted to.

I think they did in Game 5. I thought Kobe's steal could've been a foul, but since fouls apparently don't get called late in important playoff games I guess the whistles got swallowed.

Alright, there's my one gripe about refs for the year...;)

pirate4state
06-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I think they did in Game 5. I thought Kobe's steal could've been a foul, but since fouls apparently don't get called late in important playoff games I guess the whistles got swallowed.

Alright, there's my one gripe about refs for the year...;) :iagree: