PDA

View Full Version : m. night shyamalan - the happening

jlg043
06-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I just saw this movie on sunday and I liked it but it wasn't great. I think this dude is overrated b/c a lot of him movies arent that good IMO. I mean the sixth sense and Unbreakable were good but Signs, the Village, War of the Worlds all are crappy movies.

This movie mad me laugh more than get scared.

SPOILER BELOW

When the ppl kept jumping off the building that just cracked me up and when the dude let the lions eat his arms was just hilarious!

Has anyone else seen this and what did yall think of it?

Maroon87
06-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
I just saw this movie on sunday and I liked it but it wasn't great. I think this dude is overrated b/c a lot of him movies arent that good IMO. I mean the sixth sense and Unbreakable were good but Signs, the Village, War of the Worlds all are crappy movies.

This movie mad me laugh more than get scared.

SPOILER BELOW

When the ppl kept jumping off the building that just cracked me up and when the dude let the lions eat his arms was just hilarious!

Has anyone else seen this and what did yall think of it?

I think War of the Worlds was Spielberg...:thinking:

Shyamalan also did The Lady in the Water which was awful. I did like 6th Sense and Signs for the most part, and the Village was kinda creepy but the ends of his movies are always weird.

jlg043
06-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Yea my bad Lady in the Water is what I was thinking of. War of the Worlds wasnt that good either just to put that out there

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 07:11 PM
I haven't seen it, really want to but the reviews from friends that have seen it have not been good. :(

I liked 6th Sense & Signs, but none of his other movies were any good, IMO.

War of the Worlds was pretty :cool: :D

jlg043
06-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I haven't seen it, really want to but the reviews from friends that have seen it have not been good. :(

I liked 6th Sense & Signs, but none of his other movies were any good, IMO.

War of the Worlds was pretty :cool: :D

Its not that bad. Its an alright movie its not as crappy as his others. My g/f thought it had crappy acting I thought some parts that werent suppose to be funny were freaking hilarious!

piratebg
06-17-2008, 07:24 PM
The movie was a lot better than The Village and Lady in the Water, but no where near as good as The 6th Sense or Signs. There were some suspenseful moments and for the movie did create a kind of eerie feeling but then it just kind of falls apart in the end.

Nursebetty
06-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm glad I read all this. I love a "good, scare the crap out of you" movie................if this ain't it, then I don't want to waste my money. If it don't make me jump out of my seat, it ain't any good (IMO)!:rolleyes:

piratebg
06-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
I'm glad I read all this. I love a "good, scare the crap out of you" movie................if this ain't it, then I don't want to waste my money. If it don't make me jump out of my seat, it ain't any good (IMO)!:rolleyes:

I saw this one online and I'm glad I did, too. Had I actually gone to the movies, I probably would have walked out of the theater in a bad mood.

DDBooger
06-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I saw this one online and I'm glad I did, too. Had I actually gone to the movies, I probably would have walked out of the theater in a bad mood. can you pm me the site you saw it on

TexanAlum_06
06-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I must say, I was dissapointed in this movie. I had really high hopes for it. It wasnt a terrible movie. but i thouht the acting was marginal. i thought zooey deschenel was terrible. the dialogue was cheezy and down right bad at some points. but it is entertaining for a while. it has a moment or 2 that makes u jump and some parts that are a little morbid. it was better then lady in the water.

Blitzkrieg
06-17-2008, 08:40 PM
I actually liked the village.....till the end where it was all crapped up.

Nursebetty
06-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey, where is the place to watch it on line? I'm just curious.....just to see how crappy it is.

mistanice
06-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
can you pm me the site you saw it on

pm me the site!