PDA

View Full Version : Want to have your day ruined?

Emerson1
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/16/samesex.marriage/index.html

Cameron Crazy
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
I didnt even read the article, all I had to do was see the topic.

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 11:33 AM
good grief how old are those women? what's the point at that stage in their life? i'm just saying :ack!:

AP Panther Fan
06-17-2008, 11:36 AM
I think on the Today Show this morning, it said they were 80....Phil C's age.:D

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Aye Chihuahua

BobcatBenny
06-17-2008, 11:45 AM
It didn't ruin my day.

I do think that it is quite probable that rainbows will cease.

I will miss that wonderful sign in the sky.

crzyjournalist03
06-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I heard some guys talking about this at lunch today...their suggestion...outlaw gay divorce :devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Did you know that the majority of extremely homophobic men actually harbor gay tendencies? Being homophobic is their way of dealing with their own personal shame that they hold inside because of what they are. :thinking:

vet93
06-17-2008, 01:12 PM
:rolleyes: So in your world if you don't march in lockstep with the politically correct police then you are a homophobe? Maybe, just maybe there is a group of good-willed people who don't hate people who are gay but instead are willing to stand up and say no to what they believe is an immoral lifestyle. A lifestyle that is very often self-destructive....:thinking:

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Did you know that the majority of extremely homophobic men actually harbor gay tendencies? Being homophobic is their way of dealing with their own personal shame that they hold inside because of what they are. :thinking:

CenTexSports
06-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Did you know that outside the liberal world there is a thing called right and wrong and that it is the liberal's way to get around right and wrong by labeling everybody that does not agree with them?

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Never understood why we just cant let people live their personal lives and not judge them

Emerson1
06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Never understood why we just cant let people live their personal lives and not judge them
My main focus of ruining your day was the old lesbian ladies making out

BobcatBenny
06-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Shame means you recoginize right and wrong.

This is shameless.

jason
06-17-2008, 01:41 PM

:iagree:

BobcatBenny
06-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Well, did you mean private?

This is a public issue now. If it were kept private then it would not have become a public issue.

This is now an issue the Re(public) must address. And ... as a member of the Republic, I get a say so.

Just maybe not on this forum if we become un-civil towards one another. This is a kingdom or queendom?!? ;)

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well, did you mean private?

This is a public issue now. If it were kept private then it would not have become a public issue.

This is now an issue the Re(public) must address. And ... as a member of the Republic, I get a say so.

Just maybe not on this forum if we become un-civil towards one another. This is a kingdom or queendom?!? ;)

I actually meant the whole scope of homosexuality .though I still think marriage is a right all should have

CenTexSports
06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
How can marriage be a right? It is a privelege controlled by the state. If you are already married you lose the privelige of marrying someone else. If you are underage you can not get married. If you want to marry someone of the same gender you can not get married. If you want to marry your sister, you can not. If you want to marry your sheep even though she (or he) is a good lover, you can not.

There will always be restrictions and I, for one, am happy to keep it for a man and a woman.

BobcatBenny
06-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Personally, I think California and Massachusetts have bitten off more than they wanted.

This is not taxation without representation. There is no tea to throw into the harbor.

This is a couple of rogue states trying to cram their immorality down the throats of other states. :thinking:

ronwx5x
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
How can marriage be a right? It is a privelege controlled by the state. If you are already married you lose the privelige of marrying someone else. If you are underage you can not get married. If you want to marry someone of the same gender you can not get married. If you want to marry your sister, you can not. If you want to marry your sheep even though she (or he) is a good lover, you can not.

There will always be restrictions and I, for one, am happy to keep it for a man and a woman.

I for one believe you are about to become less happy. It appears that, right or wrong, the momentum is with those who would allow universal marriage for all genders. I think Masschusetts and California are the tip of the iceberg.

Sort of like immigration, you better get used to it.

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM
aint nothin hotter than two beautiful women kissing and touching one another and lightly carressing one anothers breast.

http://static-p3.fotolia.com/jpg/00/06/63/46/400_F_6634633_GNT5kEWjAEFgPtJITCjE1tRdHEybhtvo.jpg

ronwx5x
06-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Can you explain where you obtained this statistic? I don't believe I have ever seen that one. Guess it would require a definition of "extremely homophobic" first.

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Can you explain where you obtained this statistic? I don't believe I have ever seen that one. Guess it would require a definition of "extremely homophobic" first. probably from a psychology text book

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Once again I pose the question what makes all of you the ultimate judge of what is right and wrong, moral and immoral, and socially acceptable? Last time I checked, none of you are God, none of you are free of sin, and this is the United States where we can do whatever we please within the law. Interracial marriage used to be banned because people thought it was immoral and wrong, and by people I mean racist men and women who thought they were above someone else because they were a different skin color. It had nothing to do with what kind of a person they truly were, but instead simply the fact that they were different and they were in a position of power to pass judgment. This same idea applies to sexism and racism as a whole. The same principal applies for gay marriage and homosexuality, as this is something new and a lifestyle choice within our society that many people don't agree with because they think their lifestyle is superior. I'm not saying that you have to be all rah! rah! rah! for homosexuals or can't quietly judge them to yourself, but if you vocally come out and say that homosexuals are bad people, immoral, and try to project your self-proclaimed superior social values then you should be ashamed of yourself. It makes me laugh at how naive the people like that truly are and are so caught up in themselves that they think they are better than other people who lead their lives by their own prerogative. The beauty of America is that people have the right to choose and the right to privacy, and that means living your life the way that you want to.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 03:35 PM

It is a right to privacy, as defined by the Supreme Court and upheld by the Fourth and Ninth Amendments to our United States Constitution. I suggest before making hollow arguments that research is made. Also, your comment about liberals was a little uncalled for, and I am more than willing to go heads up on an argument on any scope of the political system, because two things are certain by me: one is that I am more intelligent than you are and the second is that I am willing to research things that I don't know about and form my own opinions, not those that are force fed to me.

Johnny 5
06-17-2008, 03:35 PM
That picture of the old ladies was hotttt!

:devil: :devil:

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
That picture of the old ladies was hotttt!

:devil: :devil: sinton66 brought out the lubricant....his type of women :D

ronwx5x
06-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Once again I pose the question what makes all of you the ultimate judge of what is right and wrong, moral and immoral, and socially acceptable? Last time I checked, none of you are God, none of you are free of sin, and this is the United States where we can do whatever we please within the law. Interracial marriage used to be banned because people thought it was immoral and wrong, and by people I mean racist men and women who thought they were above someone else because they were a different skin color. It had nothing to do with what kind of a person they truly were, but instead simply the fact that they were different and they were in a position of power to pass judgment. This same idea applies to sexism and racism as a whole. The same principal applies for gay marriage and homosexuality, as this is something new and a lifestyle choice within our society that many people don't agree with because they think their lifestyle is superior. I'm not saying that you have to be all rah! rah! rah! for homosexuals or can't quietly judge them to yourself, but if you vocally come out and say that homosexuals are bad people, immoral, and try to project your self-proclaimed superior social values then you should be ashamed of yourself. It makes me laugh at how naive the people like that truly are and are so caught up in themselves that they think they are better than other people who lead their lives by their own prerogative. The beauty of America is that people have the right to choose and the right to privacy, and that means living your life the way that you want to.

And you get to be the judge of all these people who judge others? Come on. If you want to cite reasons why they are wrong you would be in the right. Slamming others for having an opinion different from yours is no better than what you call them! It certainly does not make me a believer that you are more intelligent than anyone on here.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 03:47 PM
And you get to be the judge of all these people who judge others? Come on. If you want to cite reasons why they are wrong you would be in the right. Slamming others for having an opinion different from yours is no better than what you call them! It certainly does not make me a believer that you are more intelligent than anyone on here.

There is a difference between calling people naive and saying someone lives an immoral and socially unacceptable lifestyle. It's not a matter of opinions either, it's a matter of people making false generalizations. That's like you trying to accuse me of being a bad person for saying Hitler was a horrible person.

CenTexSports
06-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I will bet you one of my paycheck against one of your that you are not smarter than I am.

I was tested for a job one time and the gentleman that tested ran the test for the KC Royals, Hallmark Cards, and about 50 other companies in the Kansas City area. He told me that I tested higher than anyone that had ever taken the test. (My only real weakness is debating uninformed and young liberals that would tear down what I feel is a moral country by saying that anybody should be able to do anything that feels good to them.)

Plus I have thirty years of experience that you do not have.

And what a stupid argument to equate the effects on society with privacy. Privacy has to do with what an individual does not what individuals want to have the government to make legal and sanction. When they ask for this protection, it is no longer a private matter.

ronwx5x
06-17-2008, 03:54 PM
There is a difference between calling people naive and saying someone lives an immoral and socially unacceptable lifestyle. It's not a matter of opinions either, it's a matter of people making false generalizations. That's like you trying to accuse me of being a bad person for saying Hitler was a horrible person.

But I would be within my rights to say you are a bad person for saying Hitler was a horrible person. I would also be within my rights to say you are wrong for calling anyone names, whether it be racist , sexist or naive.

I'm not even arguing that what you say may have some truth behind it. I am arguing that you can't hold that yours is the only correct opinion and anyone who disagrees is ignorant and biased!

Give your opinion all you want, just don't hold others to it. They have a right to an opinion as much as you. End of argument on my part.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I will bet you one of my paycheck against one of your that you are not smarter than I am.

I was tested for a job one time and the gentleman that tested ran the test for the KC Royals, Hallmark Cards, and about 50 other companies in the Kansas City area. He told me that I tested higher than anyone that had ever taken the test. (My only real weakness is debating uninformed and young liberals that would tear down what I feel is a moral country by saying that anybody should be able to do anything that feels good to them.)

Plus I have thirty years of experience that you do not have.

And what a stupid argument to equate the effects on society with privacy. Privacy has to do with what an individual does not what individuals want to have the government to make legal and sanction. When they ask for this protection, it is no longer a private matter.

I'm game for this challenge, because I'm not too worried about what sort of tests that you have taken or how old you are, I know what I'm capable of and what my level of intelligence is. As I said earlier too, look at the Constitution and previous Supreme Court rulings and precedents. If you look at it, it's the Republican party who generally are against gay marriage. It's obvious that I have been more informed than you in any debate that we have ever had; you make broad, sweeping generalizations that lack in factual content. The right to privacy is a right guaranteed in our Bill of Rights, and Supreme Court rulings have stated that marriage is under the scope of privacy. The only sanctions that have been placed have been ones to make gay marriage illegal due to people who think their morals and social standards are superior and should be the status quo within our society.

Emerson1
06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Geez I should of just posted the picture

CenTexSports
06-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the last post. You have convinced me to never respond to another of you posts and I am very happy that you are so confident in your abilities. Thanks for the discussion and I wish you the best in everything that you do.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 04:01 PM
But I would be within my rights to say you are a bad person for saying Hitler was a horrible person. I would also be within my rights to say you are wrong for calling anyone names, whether it be racist , sexist or naive.

I'm not even arguing that what you say may have some truth behind it. I am arguing that you can't hold that yours is the only correct opinion and anyone who disagrees is ignorant and biased!

Give your opinion all you want, just don't hold others to it. They have a right to an opinion as much as you. End of argument on my part.

If you're going to talk about rights, what about the rights that are alloted within our Constitution? What about the famous words at the beginning of the Declaration of Independence that state, "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal, and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights and among these include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?" There are probably some flaws in that quote, but when did that go out of the window? I will maintain that anyone who says that gay marriage is wrong and any American should be treated differently is ignorant and naive, because that is a generous assessment at best. I never said that I don't judge people, but I have never tried to take away anyone's right to individualism because they didn't fall into line with my line of thinking or say that they are morally wrong or their actions are socially unacceptable. That's what the difference is, everyone wants to take away someone else's right to be an American while I'm calling them out on it, and I have yet to receive a valid counter argument.

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 04:02 PM
http://images.askmen.com/blogs/entertainment/are-lesbians-hot-890.jpg

oh ya!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the last post. You have convinced me to never respond to another of you posts and I am very happy that you are so confident in your abilities. Thanks for the discussion and I wish you the best in everything that you do.

Well, you try to argue the person, not the point. If you don't like that notion then use a logical argument to prove me wrong. I opened myself up to a debate from you but you obviously don't want any part of something that involves thought towards the point at hand, but the person instead. I'm sorry I can't return your sentiments, I'm not going to try to act fake sincere to someone I don't respect.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm smarter than both of you!!:taunt:
And than a fifth grader!!! :taunt::taunt:
And....I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!:taunt::taunt::taunt:

crzyjournalist03
06-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Once again I pose the question what makes all of you the ultimate judge of what is right and wrong, moral and immoral, and socially acceptable? Last time I checked, none of you are God, none of you are free of sin...

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, I'm going to assume by your capitalization of the "G" in "God" as quoted above, that you are referring to the Christian God. I believe that the God that you are referencing has made His stance very clear:

Leviticus 18:22

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Jude 1:7

"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

IF someone holds their religious belief to be Christian, I don't think that they're playing God's role of judge by insinuating that homosexuality is immoral. Granted, that's a definitive if, but I do think that it is worth mentioning.

BobcatBenny
06-17-2008, 04:18 PM
BBDE, I understand what you think, but you are wrong.

Sin is bad and immoral. Always.

I am a liar, but that does not give me the right to lie.

I could just remain silent. I have that right.

But ... sometimes we must speak the truth. Even if it gets the thread closed.

God is the standard of right and wrong and any people that say otherwise are the ones that need to be ashamed.

I am ashamed of all the sin in my life, I actively repent of it. I truly desire the homosexual population to be equally ashamed.

A life of repentence from sin is superior to any other. I am not the one making that judgment, I am just repeating it.

I will stand on the Right. Literally.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Playing devil's advocate for a moment, I'm going to assume by your capitalization of the "G" in "God" as quoted above, that you are referring to the Christian God. I believe that the God that you are referencing has made His stance very clear:

Leviticus 18:22

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Jude 1:7

"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

IF someone holds their religious belief to be Christian, I don't think that they're playing God's role of judge by insinuating that homosexuality is immoral. Granted, that's a definitive if, but I do think that it is worth mentioning.

No, I agree with you 100% as far as Christianity goes, but this isn't a Christian nation. I was just making the argument that God is the final judge of all and every sin is equal in the eyes of God. I'm not a Christian though, so I can't really follow through with all of that stuff, but I do know that many are who post on this thread.

RedWhiteBlue
06-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I was going to say something, but I can't because of the new "don't be ugly to the colleges thing".
But, I can say.... won't it be interesting when all these folks get upset with one another and decide they don't want to be married to each other and figure out they get to enjoy 'divorce' and all that fun stuff just like everyone else has for years?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
BBDE, I understand what you think, but you are wrong.

Sin is bad and immoral. Always.

I am a liar, but that does not give me the right to lie.

I could just remain silent. I have that right.

But ... sometimes we must speak the truth. Even if it gets the thread closed.

God is the standard of right and wrong and any people that say otherwise are the ones that need to be ashamed.

I am ashamed of all the sin in my life, I actively repent of it. I truly desire the homosexual population to be equally ashamed.

A life of repentence from sin is superior to any other. I am not the one making that judgement, I am just repeating it.

I will stand on the Right. Literally.

That is what is right for you as a Christian, and I respect that, but as I said before if you're taking that standpoint you have to consider that God is the final judge of all and that it is not your place to judge, along with the fact that all sins are equal in the eyes of God. Fortunately for people who aren't Christians, this country was not founded on Christian fundamentals or doctrine, we maintain separation of church and state. You have to realize that not everyone lives by the Christian fundamentals and morals...

zebrablue2
06-17-2008, 04:43 PM
That is what is right for you as a Christian, and I respect that, but as I said before if you're taking that standpoint you have to consider that God is the final judge of all and that it is not your place to judge, along with the fact that all sins are equal in the eyes of God. Fortunately for people who aren't Christians, this country was not founded on Christian fundamentals or doctrine, we maintain separation of church and state. You have to realize that not everyone lives by the Christian fundamentals and morals...

anyone who is not a christian I feel really sorry for. and that is all I have to say about that...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
anyone who is not a christian I feel really sorry for. and that is all I have to say about that...

I believe in God, I just don't follow the Christian faith just because I don't think any form of it has it right....There is a lot of history behind the Bible that has made me think that. That is another conversation in itself, I'm not going to criticize people for their religious views or say they are wrong, it's just my personal belief.

BobcatBenny
06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
And I agree that you and others have a choice to disbelieve. Even though it is a bad choice.

And in this country ... that is your right and freedom. Which I am thankful you have.

But ... we could really debate if this country was founded on Christian fundamentals. Even ... if those fundamentals were flawed to begin with.

What I hope we will discover is that more people care about this than some people think.

rockdale80
06-17-2008, 04:47 PM

Even Jews?

RedWhiteBlue
06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
And you are correct in saying that we are not to judge, but we are to witness.

zebrablue2
06-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I believe in God, I just don't follow the Christian faith just because I don't think any form of it has it right....There is a lot of history behind the Bible that has made me think that. That is another conversation in itself, I'm not going to criticize people for their religious views or say they are wrong, it's just my personal belief.

still need to go to church each week. will refresh you. if you don't believe me, try this sunday, you will feel so good, trust me...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 04:51 PM
still need to go to church each week. will refresh you. if you don't believe me, try this sunday, you will feel so good, trust me...

I refuse to go to church. It's a personal choice.

44INAROW
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
wow - this thread lasted alot longer than I thought it would.......... until now, I've stayed out of this one on purpose - while I like to think of myself as intelligent and fairly literate, I am not "college educated" but I have learned ALOT by experience and paying my way for everything (along with my husband of course) we own. We have put 2 kids through college and in the process of putting the 3rd one through. I get a big kick out of 20 year olds arguring what is wrong and right in the world.. let's talk in 30 years...................... (not meant to slam anyone, just saying - college professors don't know everything - life lessons are the best teachers)

fire away...........;)

zebrablue2
06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
wow - this thread lasted alot longer than I thought it would.......... until now, I've stayed out of this one on purpose - while I like to think of myself as intelligent and fairly literate, I am not "college educated" but I have learned ALOT by experience and paying my way for everything (along with my husband of course) we own. We have put 2 kids through college and in the process of putting the 3rd one through. I get a big kick out of 20 year olds arguring what is wrong and right in the world.. let's talk in 30 years...................... (not meant to slam anyone, just saying - college professors don't know everything - life lessons are the best teachers)

fire away...........;)

you are 100% correct..:2thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

fire away...........;)

I respect your opinion, but at the same time I have been taught the exact opposite of what I believe in on a daily basis as far as education is concerned, including high school and college. I have yet to have a professor or a teacher who reflects the same views as I do. My opinions have been cultivated through my own ideas and research, so don't be so quick to generalize, but of course I'm not mad at you for doing so because it's really an easy thing to do. I can't say that I have seen as much in the world as you have, but I have a higher perception of what goes on in the world that would surprise you, because not all 20 year olds walk around with self-serving tunnel vision.

crzyjournalist03
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Geez I should of just posted the picture

You just made me think of something somewhat interesting...what if the starter of a thread was given the right to close his own threads if he felt that the topic was being taken in a completely different direction than it was intended?

Emerson1
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Or just be able to delete your post and have the whole thread come with it.

crzyjournalist03
06-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Or just be able to delete your post and have the whole thread come with it.

but then we wouldn't be able to post pad so easily.

RedWhiteBlue
06-17-2008, 05:04 PM
But did you not see this coming? I mean gaw- you had to of known this was going to turn in to a moral debate. Right?
:1popcorn: :stirpot: :1popcorn: :stirpot:

Emerson1
06-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
But did you not see this coming? I mean gaw- you had to of known this was going to turn in to a moral debate. Right?
:1popcorn: :stirpot: :1popcorn: :stirpot:

I don't like to stir the pot for others, if I do I am going to be involved

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 05:58 PM
goodness look what happens when i take my pain pills & i take a nap :rolleyes:

:blahblah:

i thought about closing this thread when i left the office at noon, but then some of you would have :foul: about being premature in closing a "harmless" thread :blahblah:

damned if we do, damned if we don't :ack!:

Ranger Mom
06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I was sick all day but I HAVE to give my two cents worth!!

It is MY personal belief that God created the male and female bodies in such a way that they fit together perfectly.

Now matter how you look at it....man and man or woman and woman just don't fit together in a natural way.

Which leads me to believe that it is UNNATURAL!!