PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday is June 28th

Phil C
06-17-2008, 09:43 AM
I WILL BE 80 YEARS OLD!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This undoubtedly means I am probably the oldest member on 3A Downlow!

:clap:

BwdLions
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

You will have reached another milestone in life. Happy (early)Birthday Phil C! :clap:

Old Green
06-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You will have reached another milestone in life. Happy (early)Birthday Phil C! :clap: 80:confused: :confused:

AP Panther Fan
06-17-2008, 10:06 AM

What are you smoking this morning? You must be inhaling too.;)

Phil C
06-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
What are you smoking this morning? You must be inhaling too.;)

No. I have received a credit application that lists my date of birth at June 28, 1928. If you take 1928 from 2008 you get 80! I have been getting a lot of comments today on how great I look for being 80! :)

AP Panther Fan
06-17-2008, 10:14 AM
No. I have received a credit application that lists my date of birth at June 28, 1928. If you take 1928 from 2008 you get 80! I have been getting a lot of comments today on how great I look for being 80! :)

I already checked your profile...It is a big birthday though!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I already checked your profile...It is a big birthday though!:clap: :clap: :clap:

But you have to remember a profile is just a profile. But you know how accurate those credit card applications are. :)

AP Panther Fan
06-17-2008, 10:25 AM
But you have to remember a profile is just a profile. But you know how accurate those credit card applications are. :)

Maybe this is how the credit card companies get around age discrimination...they just tack on 20 years to a handful of mail-outs to prove they aren't discriminating.

It's a conspiracy.:thinking:

STANG RED
06-17-2008, 10:34 AM
You were born in 1928???

Wow!:eek: Thats the year before the stockmarket crash, and the start of the "Great Depression".

My Dad was born in 1934, was the 6th of 13 children, and they were about as dirt poor as you could be in those days. But with that many hands, they could pick lots of cotton and other crops, so they seldom went hungry, but lots of times it was only corn bread and sweet milk (which my father loves even today).
But even as dirt poor as they were, Dad and all his brothers and sisters look back on those days with lots of fondness. They can sit and laugh and tell stories for hours about the things they did back then. And even as bad as they had it, I very seldom have ever heard any of them complain about how tough it was. But here we sit and complain about gas prices etc etc etc..., when in reality we all have a much better life than the vast majority of folks had back in the 30s & 40s.
Can you just imagine if todays society had to all of the sudden go through today what was everyday life back then? I seriously doubt most could survive it. We are so lucky to be living in these days and times, even with all the problems we have. I just wish we appreciated it more.

AP Panther Fan
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Can you just imagine if todays society had to all of the sudden go through today what was everyday life back then? I seriously doubt most could survive it. We are so lucky to be living in these days and times, even with all the problems we have. I just wish we appreciated it more.

See, I can't really decide if we are lucky or not. While there was alot of hard work involved, life was much simpler and my guess is that people were happier.

You had a cow and your neighbor had chickens, you could just swap milk for eggs. People were highly independent and didn't think the world owed them much, they were just resourceful.

Emerson1
06-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Ranger Mom is just beating you out

CenTexSports
06-17-2008, 02:53 PM
If you want to go back then I wonder about you. Simpler does not equal better. Doctors were few and far between in the rural areas. There was no money and food lines were miles long in the larger cities. No air conditioning, gravel roads and dust, work dawn til dusk, and children mortality was very high.

It ain't perfect now but it is the best country at the best time in the history of the world. I don't believe the doom sayers but if some of them are right, this may be the best time ever the world has ever or will ever see.

I feel lucky to live in this era (1950's to present).

BwdLions
06-17-2008, 02:56 PM

To think I was sincere about wishing you an 80th birthday. I was wondering why someone at age 80 would be hanging out on a wild site like this one at that age.