PDA

View Full Version : Giving Plasma for Money?

Blitzkrieg
06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
is it worth it, done here they give you 50 bucks for it...does anybody have any info on how safe it is and what are the downsides.

please try not to post what "you heard from a friend"

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-16-2008, 11:21 PM
My roommate does it, and they never give you as much the second or third time as the first. Sometimes you will get a nice chunk of cash, but it depends on how many visits you take. Also, you can go twice per week. The downside is you can faint and lose energy, and also doing it over and over again can make you look like a crack/heroine addict. If you're pressed for cash I see no reason no to, but you're going to need your Social Security card and other various forms of identification in order to donate. I know it's not from personal experience, but I've been living with the same guy for two years and I have seen it first hand and heard about it, so you can't get much closer to knowing about it than actually doing it as far as I am concerned.

Blitzkrieg
06-16-2008, 11:26 PM
I was really trying to avoid the stories like "oh my friend's friend got some disease and he said it was real dirty" and urban legend stuff.

and by "makes you look like a crack head" you mean like does it leave you marks? or its just the fact that you always there giving blood?

Blitzkrieg
06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
i was talking to a lady that works there....she said it was 50 bucks the first time...then 40 the rest of the times you go till the a new month starts..

Johnny 5
06-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Blitz . . . where down here do you do that?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
I was really trying to avoid the stories like "oh my friend's friend got some disease and he said it was real dirty" and urban legend stuff.

and by "makes you look like a crack head" you mean like does it leave you marks? or its just the fact that you always there giving blood?

Yeah, it will leave track marks if they don't do it right.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I personally wouldn't mind donating semen. You can make a pretty penny doing that.

Blitzkrieg
06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Blitz . . . where down here do you do that?
some where in mcallen...i had a card but i lost it...so now i am asking around but nobody seems to know.

eagles_victory
06-17-2008, 12:09 AM
My cousin did it and they gave him a false positive and said he had Aids. But there was like no possible way he could of had aids and it was their mistake but they put him on the cannot donate list.

sahen
06-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I personally wouldn't mind donating semen. You can make a pretty penny doing that.

i thought about that when in college....but then i realized i would have little kids running around that i had no idea existed, that kinda bothered me so it was a no go...

sahen
06-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
My cousin did it and they gave him a false positive and said he had Aids. But there was like no possible way he could of had aids and it was their mistake but they put him on the cannot donate list.

wow, that would be really messed up until you had a second opinion...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by sahen
i thought about that when in college....but then i realized i would have little kids running around that i had no idea existed, that kinda bothered me so it was a no go...

I think you can donate strictly for scientific research. I wouldn't mind helping someone have a child, either, as long as I had no ties to them. It really and truly wouldn't bother me. Also, the world needs my offspring for the benefit of society, I'm like every woman's dream man anyways. ;)

Johnny 5
06-17-2008, 05:39 AM
Found it Blitz . . .

there is a map, #, and address:

Linky (http://www.internationalbioresources.com/onecenter.cfm?center_id=99)

Is there a place down here to donate sperm as well?

pooch
06-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

says you as you back your car up in the parking lot at Reverchon Park....:p

JT44
06-17-2008, 07:32 AM
I did it in college for about 6 months every thursday (when I had a large chunk of free time)

Where I donated in college, the amount of cash depended on what the plasma was being used for. The company was sci-rex.

I was told the money came from research funds.

Sometimes the money was good, up to $65 bucks, and sometimes I wasted my time and got around $15. But hey back then 15 was a full tank of gas for me!

Blitzkrieg
06-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Found it Blitz . . .

there is a map, #, and address:

Linky (http://www.internationalbioresources.com/onecenter.cfm?center_id=99)

Is there a place down here to donate sperm as well?
THANKS! :)