PDA

View Full Version : Players that you wondered.... what if?

VWG
06-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Everybody knows about a player that never played past high school. Or what about the player that went off to college and never made it past his Freshman/Soph year?
Why don't these guys succeed?
Grades? Determination/Self Discipline? Money, can't afford college?
What about guys like Jones from Bridgeport? Crump from A. Wylie?
Why isn't Michael Washington from Greenwood playing somewhere these days? He was a very good QB, and could have made some school a good college athlete.
I am not knocking any of these athletes, just wondering what happens to some of these talented players.

Ranger Mom
06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Everybody knows about a player that never played past high school. Or what about the player that went off to college and never made it past his Freshman/Soph year?
Why don't these guys succeed?
Grades? Determination/Self Discipline? Money, can't afford college?
What about guys like Jones from Bridgeport? Crump from A. Wylie?
Why isn't Michael Washington from Greenwood playing somewhere these days? He was a very good QB, and could have made some school a good college athlete.
I am not knocking any of these athletes, just wondering what happens to some of these talented players.

Michael Washington was going to Tech and was gonna walk on...........but.......... those DANG GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

K-MAC Chuck
06-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Michael Washington was going to Tech and was gonna walk on...........but.......... those DANG GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

actually, he secretly had a CRUSH on RangerMom..he got lost "under her spell" and just never survived...

eppy 12
06-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
actually, he secretly had a CRUSH on RangerMom..he got lost "under her spell" and just never survived... :clap:

Old Dog
06-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I've seen "Love" derail several terrific jocks from Burnet over the years, especially one from the 1991 finalist team.

garciap77
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Watched ACU vs Angelo State last year. Tyler Crump OL 6-3 315 So. Abilene (Wylie) did not play. He was hurt, but was told he is a starter for Angelo State.

injuredinmelee
06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Watched ACU vs Angelo State last year. Tyler Crump OL 6-3 315 So. Abilene (Wylie) did not play. He was hurt, but was told he is a starter for Angelo State.

so he has slimmed down from his Wylie days.

coach
06-16-2008, 06:10 PM
kyle lightsey from fairfield would have gone some where but blew up his knee on a freak accident his jr year

Old Tiger
06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by coach
kyle lightsey from fairfield would have gone some where but blew up his knee on a freak accident his jr year he was the younger one correct?

There were a host of players in Rockdale that got screwed over for various reasons who would have made great college players...perhaps even further

coach
06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
yeah he was and if he was built like his brother he would have been ten times better...his bro was solid but got into some trouble and wasnt dedicate like kyle was

whatdoiknow?
07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
As a redshirt freshman last year at TCU, Jones was an impact player on special teams. Colin had several key special teams plays during their bowl game. He was the gunner on the punt team and if they put a small, fast guy on him he would roll 'em and if the put a bigger guy on him, he would just blow right past 'em. Should be interesting to see how playing time he gets at safety this year. I would still like to see him run with the ball but they have slotted him as a defensive player.

crzyjournalist03
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Pete Cuva (Kicker-2002) could kick a 60 yard field goal barefoot with very little effort. He ended up walking on to Oklahoma and was starting in the Rose Bowl the following January...then, he got kicked off of the team...I heard anything from drugs, to academics, to he didn't like Bob Stoops...whatever it was, I knew a bunch of people who always said that if anybody from Forney's perennial #2 teams was going to make it to the NFL, it would be him.