PDA

View Full Version : DCTF Has Sealy Tigers #7 In 3A

TexanFan4Life
06-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I hope Sealy can get to State this year. We're returning a lot of guys on both sides of the ball and I think it can happen.

pirate4state
06-15-2008, 08:09 PM
no pressure

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 08:12 PM
they have potential

Antec
06-15-2008, 10:02 PM
I still think Brookshire Royal should have been in district with Sealy and Bellville

only 10 miles from Sealy

IHStangFan
06-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Sealy was a young team last year, supposed to have a lot returning, their coach has been there before (state title game) and is a master motivator.....I think Sealy will do great things soon...just not sure if it'll be THAT soon.

TexanFan4Life
06-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Antec
I still think Brookshire Royal should have been in district with Sealy and Bellville

only 10 miles from Sealy

I like the district we're in right now. Brookshire, Wharton, Stafford, etc. provide little to no competition for Sealy.

mac77
06-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I like the district we're in right now. Brookshire, Wharton, Stafford, etc. provide little to no competition for Sealy.

I seem to remember Sealy being near the bottom of that district in 2006. One good year and now there's no one to compete with Sealy?

pirate4state
06-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by mac77
I seem to remember Sealy being near the bottom of that district in 2006. One good year and now there's no one to compete with Sealy? only according to TF4L --- he's high on Sealy ;)

Old Tiger
06-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I seem to remember Sealy being near the bottom of that district in 2006. One good year and now there's no one to compete with Sealy? They were very young last year and came on strong later in the year...

TexanFan4Life
06-16-2008, 10:33 PM
I seem to remember Sealy being near the bottom of that district in 2006. One good year and now there's no one to compete with Sealy?

It's funny what a coaching change can sometimes lead to. ;)

orange machine
06-16-2008, 10:39 PM
I have Sealy picked at 3 in my poll.

tigerpride_08
06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
i seem to remember another team from this district getting alot of hype last year and got knocked out first round...don't count your chickens just yet...

maestro
06-17-2008, 07:12 AM
tigerpride 08 is playing in an all star game today!!!!

Johnny Utah
06-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Fact: Sealy has a lot of returners
Fact: Sealy is very well coached
Fact: You never know what can happen in the business of coaching teenagers, but I would bet on the Sealy Tigers this year in Region 4, Class 3a.

Necks_Fan
06-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I've been very high on Sealy for a while now. I have them at #8 in my poll I think.

I was also one who said Needville would be every good last year and they dissapointed, so.....

Either way, I'm glad Sealy is getting some much deserved respect.

tigerpride_08
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM
well alot can happen during a season...so i hope they take it week by week and not plan any state trips just yet...

Cameron Crazy
06-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
well alot can happen during a season...so i hope they take it week by week and not plan any state trips just yet... And that happens to alot of teams and they end up at home after district.

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
well alot can happen during a season...so i hope they take it week by week and not plan any state trips just yet... i'm sure they will

Necks_Fan
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
well alot can happen during a season...so i hope they take it week by week and not plan any state trips just yet... I'm just saying they will be pretty good. Maybe not state champ good, but they can win that district.

I remember a lot of people jumping on me because I predicted Sealy to take that district and I remember some saying that Sealy isn't even a top 20 team. All I'm saying is, now they are starting to believe me a little and the others who know a little about them.

I don't claim to be an expert of any type, but IMO they will be very good next season.

Johnny Utah
06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
They will be FAST I do know this!!!

HEMOTOXIC
06-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Sealy will be good, but are they that good? Only time will tell. Let's see what the Bellville Brahmas have to say about that. Wow, Bellville vs. Sealy will be some game.

itmtex
06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Sealy will be fast AND strong this year. Last year all they had was speed. Mitchell has overhauled the weight program at Sealy and has convinced the kids they should work hard. 95% of the team is up at school everyday for voluntary workouts and as of May the strength gains were in the 15-40% range for every kid in the program from last year to this one.

Of course Sealy knows that Bellville, Giddings and La Grange will all be tough games in district. Bellville and Giddings don't like to lose at home. Bellville vs. Sealy on Halloween at the Pasture. That should be a fun one.

Another team no one is talking about in this district is Smithville. I can't imagine they can be playoff quality but they supposedly played almost all 9, 10 and 11th graders last year which could mean a surprise year like Columbus had in '07.

Kickin It
06-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I am really glad to see that Columbus is flying under the radar again like they did last year. No respect is exactly what motivates a team and a town with tradition like Columbus. A few down years and everyone thinks that you are done for good, but you would have thought that people would think a little different after last year. I guess we will see what happens when the lights come on during the actual season. But, by all means overlook the Cards and predict them to be a bump in the road for all the other teams as they fight it out for the district championship :thumbsup:

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
I am really glad to see that Columbus is flying under the radar again like they did last year. No respect is exactly what motivates a team and a town with tradition like Columbus. A few down years and everyone thinks that you are done for good, but you would have thought that people would think a little different after last year. I guess we will see what happens when the lights come on during the actual season. But, by all means overlook the Cards and predict them to be a bump in the road for all the other teams as they fight it out for the district championship :thumbsup: :confused: :confused: :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
:confused: :confused: :thinking: :thinking: I think he might be a little upset that no one has mentioned Columbus it's all been about Sealy, Giddings & Bellville or mainly Sealy in this thread about well Sealy.

Kickin It
06-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Why not be a little upset, after all Columbus did beat Sealy last year and put over 300 yards rushing on them. I know that they graduated a lot, but tradition does not graduate and they do have some players coming back. Their JV was no pushover for any of the teams that they played last year. Not trying to start anything but just wondering why all the talk is about Bellville, LaGrange, Giddings, and Sealy being the teams to beat and no one even gives Columbus a chance. Just curious, no harm intended. :)

Kickin It
06-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think he might be a little upset that no one has mentioned Columbus it's all been about Sealy, Giddings & Bellville or mainly Sealy in this thread about well Sealy.

My bad, I did not realize this was a SEALY only thread. I just figured it could open to all of the district since there are other teams menitoned in it.

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Why not be a little upset, after all Columbus did beat Sealy last year and put over 300 yards rushing on them. I know that they graduated a lot, but tradition does not graduate and they do have some players coming back. Their JV was no pushover for any of the teams that they played last year. Not trying to start anything but just wondering why all the talk is about Bellville, LaGrange, Giddings, and Sealy being the teams to beat and no one even gives Columbus a chance. Just curious, no harm intended. :) You talk as if you blew them out....it was a 3 point victory....you lose a lot of players....they return a lot. All I'm saying

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 06:39 PM
My bad, I did not realize this was a SEALY only thread. I just figured it could open to all of the district since there are other teams menitoned in it. Yup your bad alright didn't you notice the title had Sealy Tigers in it? :p:p j/k

itmtex
06-17-2008, 06:41 PM
If Kickin It wants to talk about tradition then the talk should be about how Sealy has lost only once to Columbus in something like 20 years. Columbus does have a lot of tradition and they do return some BIG players - Waddell comes to mind - but they are not in the class of Giddings, Bellville, La Grange and Sealy. Unless Carter is coming back for a second senior year it's going to be tough for the Cards.

Kickin It
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You talk as if you blew them out....it was a 3 point victory....you lose a lot of players....they return a lot. All I'm saying

Never said we blew them out, it was an awesome game. We did lose a lot of seniors, but there are returning starters coming back and plenty of help from the JV coming up, so all I am saying is don't write the cards off before the season even starts.

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Why not be a little upset, after all Columbus did beat Sealy last year and put over 300 yards rushing on them. I know that they graduated a lot, but tradition does not graduate and they do have some players coming back. Their JV was no pushover for any of the teams that they played last year. Not trying to start anything but just wondering why all the talk is about Bellville, LaGrange, Giddings, and Sealy being the teams to beat and no one even gives Columbus a chance. Just curious, no harm intended. :)

It might have something to do with before you I wasn't aware we had any Columbus representation on this board. By all means, state your case.

I have some friends that coach at Sealy and am excited about how they will do this year. I am by no means crowning them champs of anything yet, but some folks on here are a little eager.

I've only been following HS football since the fall of '01, but I really have never heard too much about Columbus. Looking at your team history looks 1997 was one of your best years in recent years and then last year your first trip into the playoffs since '02. You guys had a great stretch in the early 90s and maybe you'll have another great run soon.

Most schools have gone through the dry spell. Sinton missed the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. :(

So Good Luck to your team in what appears to be a very tough district!!!

Old Tiger
06-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Never said we blew them out, it was an awesome game. We did lose a lot of seniors, but there are returning starters coming back and plenty of help from the JV coming up, so all I am saying is don't write the cards off before the season even starts. too late j/k

only giving you a hard time

Kickin It
06-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by itmtex
If Kickin It wants to talk about tradition then the talk should be about how Sealy has lost only once to Columbus in something like 20 years. Columbus does have a lot of tradition and they do return some BIG players - Waddell comes to mind - but they are not in the class of Giddings, Bellville, La Grange and Sealy. Unless Carter is coming back for a second senior year it's going to be tough for the Cards.

How are the cards not in the class of Bellville, Giddings, La Grange and Sealy:confused: Bellville looked like a JV playing Caldwell last year (at least ours was a game) no disprespect to Bellville I now they where having some problems, La Grange did not make the playoffs, beat Sealy, and Giddings (well I will have to give you that one based on last year). However this is a new year and all I have seen on this board is about up and coming talent that for the most part is just like Columbus, untested. Don't put Columbus in the cellar just because there was some graduation, I guarantee that there will be a decent if not good team facing your teams come district.

Kickin It
06-17-2008, 06:54 PM
It might have something to do with before you I wasn't aware we had any Columbus representation on this board. By all means, state your case.

I have some friends that coach at Sealy and am excited about how they will do this year. I am by no means crowning them champs of anything yet, but some folks on here are a little eager.

I've only been following HS football since the fall of '01, but I really have never heard too much about Columbus. Looking at your team history looks 1997 was one of your best years in recent years and then last year your first trip into the playoffs since '02. You guys had a great stretch in the early 90s and maybe you'll have another great run soon.

Most schools have gone through the dry spell. Sinton missed the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. :(

So Good Luck to your team in what appears to be a very tough district!!!

Appreciate it. It is just hard to be a fan and not see your team get any respect based on some kids graduating. We do have some tradition and are proud of the teams that come through this town. I can just say that when we visit you or you come to our house, be ready for a hard fought battle.. We are trying to get our tradition rolling again and feel like we took a step in the right direction last year. Good luck to your team as well.

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm putting this district in a close 2nd behind that west texas district in getting most of their threads closed. :devil: :D

WOO HOO --- FOOTBALL IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!! :cheerl:

buff4life
06-17-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm putting this district in a close 2nd behind that west texas district in getting most of their threads closed. :devil: :D

WOO HOO --- FOOTBALL IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!! :cheerl:
I don't know...we're not with Caldwell this year:D :D

pirate4state
06-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I don't know...we're not with Caldwell this year:D :D you gotta watch out for those rowdy smithville fans :p

HEMOTOXIC
06-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Watch out for Smithville!!!!! That includes Sealy, La Grange, Bellville, Giddings, and Columbus...

buff4life
06-18-2008, 01:50 PM
you gotta watch out for those rowdy smithville fans :p

has there every been anyone reppin smithville on here?

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
has there every been anyone reppin smithville on here?
There was one several years ago.

Johnny Utah
06-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Early 90's Rockdale and Columbus used to scrimmage!! Columbus had some DUDES!!! Percy Waddle?? Almost ran over me busting through the line!!! Anyhoo....Columbus gave the Rock fits every year in scrimmages. Sealy beat the Rock 36-0 in the playoffs one year and Sammy Cloud and company from Bellville bounced the Tigers another. Great district in football that is for sure.

duke55
08-06-2008, 02:45 PM

WE Got them

raider red 2000
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life

last year wharton held sealy to 8 yards of offense in the first half.

sounds like competition for a lil while

Necks_Fan
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
last year wharton held sealy to 8 yards of offense in the first half.

sounds like competition for a lil while Then Sealy woke up right?

My thoughts on Sealy.....

Mitchell has had a year of young players to work with and that should help.

Downey is a BEAST.

They were already pretty good last year and should only be improved.....

Wasn't Downey a Soph last year?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Sealy will be good, but are they that good? Only time will tell. Let's see what the Bellville Brahmas have to say about that. Wow, Bellville vs. Sealy will be some game.

If they are that good ( Sealy) why would the coach scedule a weak pre district? Did any of the teams the tigers play in pre-district have a winning record? I am courious to know what the 1st 5 opponents of the sealy tigers records were?

Bellville has not lost to sealy the last few years in 9-12th grades, and the 7 and 8th has had their number. Has top 10 sealy had a bunch of move-ins this year?

Bull's-eye
08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
If they are that good ( Sealy) why would the coach scedule a weak pre district? Did any of the teams the tigers play in pre-district have a winning record? I am courious to know what the 1st 5 opponents of the sealy tigers records were?

Bellville has not lost to sealy the last few years in 9-12th grades, and the 7 and 8th has had their number. Has top 10 sealy had a bunch of move-ins this year?

Maybe everybody was scare to play Sealy. :thinking: I'm sure Sealy had to scramble for some pre-district games after being placed in a new district with less teams. Bellville has had the Tiger's number, but Sealy did put up a good showing in the playoffs against Giddings. I'm not buying that Sealy is a top 10 team, but they (coaching staff) seem to be turning things around. Probably won't have a true gauge until they get into district play.

ronwx5x
08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

Perhaps that is what he could get? He did not necessarily schedule weak teams, sometimes that's what is available. Sounds like Bellville sour grapes!

pirate4state
08-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Confidence builders maybe? And as other have stated maybe all that was left? Mitchell isn't scared to schedule anyone. LOL

rhs78
08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Sealy's Predistrict Schedule
Houston Second Baptist (8-4)
Hempstead (5-6)
Rice Consolidated (13-2)
Brookshire Royal (5-5)
Houston St. PiusX (11-2)

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
over/under that the bellville faithful stay the whole season? :D

Antec
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Rice Cons is the real deal-
Top 10 ranked in 2A
has a great RB in Foster

Royal will be tough too with David Walthal back

He was an assistant coach at Sealy a few years back

HEMOTOXIC
08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Im calling it now...Bellville will beat Sealy.

navscanmaster
08-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Im calling it now...Bellville will beat Sealy.

Well, the game is at the Pasture of Pain.....I'll jump on your Bellville bandwagon for this one! The Red Mustache would be proud!!!:devil:

Bull's-eye
08-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, the game is at the Pasture of Pain.....I'll jump on your Bellville bandwagon for this one! The Red Mustache would be proud!!!:devil:

The Red Mustache has been on the Navasota & Tatum bandwagons as of late and doesn't call Bellville his team anymore. :( He had his differences with a certain coach and has become good friends with coach Fedora.

HEMOTOXIC
08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Red Mustache has been on the Navasota & Tatum bandwagons as of late and doesn't call Bellville his team anymore. :( He had his differences with a certain coach and has become good friends with coach Fedora.

Yes, but he loves Bellville dearly. Boy I missed the days of him bragging about the Brahmas.

Bull's-eye
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes, but he loves Bellville dearly. Boy I missed the days of him bragging about the Brahmas.

I remember around 2002, one of the Navasota coaches accused him of spying on the Rattlers and banned him from their practices. Rumor has it that he sent a rubber rattlesnake to the Bellville team, attached with an anonymous note stating that the Rattlers would decisively defeat the Brahmas. Don't know if his tactic helped, but Bellville did easily win the game.

navscanmaster
08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Let the Brahmas make a good showing this year. The Red Mustache knows the talent will be a little down in Navasota after this year, so if the Brahmas do good, he'll be back ;)