PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr. Finally Wins A Points Race

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Jr. wins at Michigan. How close? ran out of fuel after he crossed the finish on a green-white checkered with a caution on lap 203. 3 laps over the scheduled 200.

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 04:45 PM
overrated.....

CHS_CG
06-15-2008, 04:53 PM
I am watching it right now, I was taking a nap with Taylor and my mom DIDNT wake me up to watch the end of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad she DVR'd it for me!!!!!

I am so excited!!!!! GO JR!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I am watching it right now, I was taking a nap with Taylor and my mom DIDNT wake me up to watch the end of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad she DVR'd it for me!!!!!

I am so excited!!!!! GO JR!!!!!!!!!! control your hormones horndog j/k

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 05:01 PM
He had no better than a top 10 car all day but they kept pitting later than the rest of the leaders and it payed off. But I think if the caution hadn't come to cause a green-white checkered he probably would've run out on lap 200.

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
overrated..... 3rd in points how is he overrated?

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
3rd in points how is he overrated? people act like he's Nascar's savior

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Actually fans like him because he'd rather brag about somebody else than himself. Would rather celebrate a win without reporters askin stupid questions. In other words he's more like the fans that follow him. A redneck except he got money.:D

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Actually fans like him because he'd rather brag about somebody else than himself. Would rather celebrate a win without reporters askin stupid questions. In other words he's more like the fans that follow him. A redneck except he got money.:D I think it has to more with his dad being who he was

K-MAC Chuck
06-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
overrated.....

Until he wins a Cup championship, he will be way over-rated..

he's certainly had a spectacular season with Hendricks so far..

Emerson1
06-15-2008, 05:30 PM
It's all about the car

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I believe in way that could be true. When your dad gets killed in the same race that your racin and go through that trauma and STILL continue on with your career it tends to draw people towards ya. But the popularity hasn't gone to his head and he just stays steady on the track and in his private life. I don't think anybody expects him to accomplish what his dad did. I don't think anybody racin today other than maybe Gordon will do what his dad did. And that's 7 cup titles. Hard just to win one. But I just think everybody roots for him because he's just down home type guy who ain't flashy but gets the job done. Kinda like Jeff Burton and Mark Martin.

CHS_CG
06-15-2008, 05:49 PM
I have personally been a fan of Jr's since before his dad died, my 3 favorite were Terry Labonte, Dale Sr, Dale Jr. It is wonderful to see Jr get a hard earned win.. as he said " They can write what they want, but we got the win"'

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Agreed. And he'll have at least one win goin into the chase and hopefully a couple more wins and he'll be in great shape. Seems like Kyle startin to have slight run of bad luck and Burton and Jr. closin the gap

K-MAC Chuck
06-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
my 3 favorite were Terry Labonte, Dale Sr, Dale Jr.

I WAS a big fan/supporter of Texas Terry..was there to cover his "retirement party" at Texas Motor Speedway..

sad thing is, Terry is doing this crap that all drivers seem to be doing - coming back to help teams abuse the Past Champions Provisionals for races...No way he should have gotten back in the seat for Petty Enterprises THIS year after he retired.

WHS02
06-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Just my opinion on the whole thing. Dale Earnhardt Sr. was one of the best nascar drivers around. His son on the other hand in my opnion isn't. It is a good thing his last name is Earnhardt or he would of been looking for somebody to drive for. 76 races and he finally wins one, if you look towards the back of the racers, there are some no name guys with no sponsors on there car- yea, that would be him if it wasn't for his legendary dad!!

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Just my opinion on the whole thing. Dale Earnhardt Sr. was one of the best nascar drivers around. His son on the other hand in my opnion isn't. It is a good thing his last name is Earnhardt or he would of been looking for somebody to drive for. 76 races and he finally wins one, if you look towards the back of the racers, there are some no name guys with no sponsors on there car- yea, that would be him if it wasn't for his legendary dad!! Congratulations you get a free t-shirt of your choice for being absolutely correct

WHS02
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Just take a step back and think about it-- If his name was Dale Aiken, no one would like him except the gay and aiken fans, RIGHT!!!

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Just my opinion on the whole thing. Dale Earnhardt Sr. was one of the best nascar drivers around. His son on the other hand in my opnion isn't. It is a good thing his last name is Earnhardt or he would of been looking for somebody to drive for. 76 races and he finally wins one, if you look towards the back of the racers, there are some no name guys with no sponsors on there car- yea, that would be him if it wasn't for his legendary dad!! Um even those guys with no sponsors are some of the best drivers in the world.

WHS02
06-15-2008, 06:57 PM
yea you are right, that is not what I am trying to say though. To sum up what I am saying is that dale earnhardt jr. is overated as they come. If his last name wasn't earnhardt all the dumb rednecks would have to cheer for someone else!!

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Well I'm dumb redneck so I'll just keep rootin for him. GITTER DONE!!!:D

K-MAC Chuck
06-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Kinda like Jeff Burton and Mark Martin.

Two more drivers who DON'T have championships, yet are really good drivers..

Not GREAT drivers, but really good drivers..

Just ask Dan Marino what it's like to be one of the best yet never win a championship..your name isn't mentioned TOP of your sport (in Dan's case, Montana, Unitas, et al) unless you win a championship..

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Jr. HAS won the Daytona 500. That in itself puts him as one of the best. Now he's great position to win a cup title. Even without the win today he's ingreat shape.

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Jr. HAS won the Daytona 500. That in itself puts him as one of the best. Now he's great position to win a cup title. Even without the win today he's ingreat shape. He'll blow it...

He's the Phil Mickelson of Nascar

sinfan75
06-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Who's phil miklesom? Sorry just a dumb redneck.

solocam
06-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Yep the gravy trainer finally got a win

Panther One
06-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm not a huge Nascar fan, so I'm not going to get too involved here, but Junior is third in points, second in top 5 finishes and tied for first in top 10s. He's been the most consistent Hendrick driver all season and is now the only one with a win, and they've all pretty much got the same equipment (or is it that his team is just that much better than the two that duked it out for the cup last year). He might be overrated in terms of his fanbase compared to his success on the track, but you can't deny the success he's had this year. Of course, as the season goes on, his fans will be hoping for more wins while his critics will be waiting for him to falter. Love him or hate him, he generates interest.

Simple Man
06-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Winning the Daytona 500 does not make you one of the best. Derrick Cope won at Daytona years ago, nobody ever talks about him. Jr. needs to win the championship at least once before he is considered one of the best. It was good to see him go to victory lane yesterday.

Bull Butter
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Winning the Daytona 500 does not make you one of the best. Derrick Cope won at Daytona years ago, nobody ever talks about him. Jr. needs to win the championship at least once before he is considered one of the best. It was good to see him go to victory lane yesterday.

That about sums it up right there.

Yes, Cope won the 1990 Daytona 500. He had one other win in his career.

Michael Waltrip won Daytona twice. That's 2 of the FIVE wins he has in his career. Not one of the greatest of all time.

Ward Burton won Dayotna in 2002. He has a grand total of FOUR wins for his career. He's probably better known as the older brother of Jeff Burton than having a stellar career.

Maroon87
06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
I WAS a big fan/supporter of Texas Terry..was there to cover his "retirement party" at Texas Motor Speedway..

sad thing is, Terry is doing this crap that all drivers seem to be doing - coming back to help teams abuse the Past Champions Provisionals for races...No way he should have gotten back in the seat for Petty Enterprises THIS year after he retired.

Unless they do away with the past champions provisional you're gonna see that continue. It doesn't bother me...I'm a big Terry fan and I think it's cool that he and Bobby can be teammates for a little while.

K-MAC Chuck
06-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Unless they do away with the past champions provisional you're gonna see that continue. It doesn't bother me...I'm a big Terry fan and I think it's cool that he and Bobby can be teammates for a little while.

Even tho Terry already "retired?"

Yuck - no thanks..I'm tired of seeing over-the-hill drivers drive in races in which they can't contend..Mark Martin is occasionaly comptetitive, but that's it...