PDA

View Full Version : How many are for the IVEY ERA TO CONTINUE

mindy
11-27-2002, 10:40 AM
great coach, great person, can get the kids to do anything and they have the utmost respect for the man, also the kids never has and never will second guess his proceedure because they are based on hard work and honesty to the kids, thats why they were successful. hard to follow a guy that not only won over the kids but also won the hearts of the giddings people. DO WHATS RIGHT, BRING HIM BACK!!!!!! eek! eek! eek! eek! :D wink wink

Jacket2000
11-27-2002, 11:44 AM
Ive gotta better idea. How 'bout YOU go to college, get your teaching degree, bounce around Texas for 15 or so years coaching at varrious schools, then come back to Giddings and see if maybe you can do a better job, eh?
J2K

oldbuff78
11-27-2002, 12:09 PM
Jacket, don't be so cruel, I hate to say it, because I don't like most of her postings, but Mindy is right. I have talked to Ivey and at least he will admit he made a mistake. Have a great weekend, Mr. Jacket!!!!!

Jacket2000
11-27-2002, 12:19 PM
OldBuff, I invite you to do the same as Mindy. If you cant do a better job, then have a Coke and a smile and SHUT THE HELL UP! Hell, maybe he would do a better job if he didnt have the entire town breathing down his neck and yelling for a rope everytime the other team gets a first down!
J2K

mindy
11-27-2002, 01:50 PM
jacket your saying at the bottom of each post makes sense in giddings as we speak, because when the HC is through if they don't get rid of him now, there will be nothing left to fear in giddings becase there will not be a program left eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

oldbuff78
11-27-2002, 02:32 PM
Rough day , huh Jacket!!

Jacket2000
11-27-2002, 02:45 PM
mindy:
jacket your saying at the bottom of each post makes sense in giddings as we speak, because when the HC is through if they don't get rid of him now, there will be nothing left to fear in giddings becase there will not be a program left eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! Like I said, you're more than welcome to give it a shot. Otherwise, you should share that Coke with OldBuff.
J2K

mindy
11-27-2002, 06:11 PM
jacket, surely you can do better then that, its hard when the truth tells it all, which is all that has been posted by me, no rumors just the truth. WE NEED COACH IVEY, BRING HIM BACK NOW AND SAVE THE TRADITION OF THE GIDDINGS BUFFALOES!!!! We would still be playing this weekend if he was still here, bellville would have gone down. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

don't you just love the little graemlins, they are sweet,,,, girls rule

Jacket2000
11-27-2002, 06:28 PM
mindy:
jacket, surely you can do better then that, its hard when the truth tells it all, which is all that has been posted by me, no rumors just the truth. WE NEED COACH IVEY, BRING HIM BACK NOW AND SAVE THE TRADITION OF THE GIDDINGS BUFFALOES!!!! We would still be playing this weekend if he was still here, bellville would have gone down. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

don't you just love the little graemlins, they are sweet,,,, girls ruleUhmm, this is just a hunch, but I think Robert Ivey is outta eligibility. Besides, it was just a few years ago that Giddings was 5-6 under him. So, having Robert Ivey at the helm doesnt insure a winning record.
J2K

mindy
11-27-2002, 06:39 PM
You are wrong, 2 years ago the buffaloes were
6-4 and may I say they were picked next to last in an 8 team district. they finished in 2nd place that year and was defeated in bi district by a very good china spring team... Not bragging about finishing 2nd but check their schedule that year, which may i include was suspose to be a down year,, they didn't play smithville,or hutto,,, it goes back to the expectation level,, IVEY can generate success with the kids of giddings Don't want to make you angry, jacket but i really don't think you know to much about Giddings and whats really going on there... eek! eek! eek!

mindy
11-27-2002, 06:55 PM
Also, everyone on hear had said(about he HC in giddings) give him a chance, its his first year, etc... takes awhile to put your program in etc.... the 6-4 team from above was coach iveys first year and giddings and may i reply it was also his first year as a head coach,,,, so i don't want to hear anymore excuses for odull

mindy
11-27-2002, 07:13 PM
mindy:
Also, everyone on hear had said(about he HC in giddings) give him a chance, its his first year, etc... takes awhile to put your program in etc.... the 6-4 team from above was coach iveys first year and giddings and may i reply it was also his first year as a head coach,,,, so i don't want to hear anymore excuses for odull:D :D :D I need to clean this quote up, sorry for the messy typing,,, Everyone on here has said (about the HC in giddings now)give him a chance, its his first year,it takes a while to put your program in etc.... the 6-4 team from above was coach Ivey's frist year in giddings and may i reply, it was also his first year as a head coach,,, so we do not want to hear anymore excuses for Odull :D :D :D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2002, 07:30 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: u must really know this ivey coach, is he somehow related to u in someway. A true fan gets behind the team no matter who's at the helm. u have every right to be concerned but dont let the rest of the state know it. Hope u get ur wish so u wont be so unhappy next year. Good Luck next year Giddings.

BigBrother70
11-27-2002, 09:21 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: u must really know this ivey coach, is he somehow related to u in someway. A true fan gets behind the team no matter who's at the helm. u have every right to be concerned but dont let the rest of the state know it. Hope u get ur wish so u wont be so unhappy next year. Good Luck next year Giddings.You are right Sinton
I know Ivey from College, a great person and coach. I also have known many of Giddings previous coaches, they were too great people and coaches
I played on Teams in 79 and 80 that beat Giddings.
I know Coach Odell and one of the assistants he brought, They are truly great people and coaches.
I've seen years where the talent pendulum was swinging down and never heard this much crap out of the town, I have dear friends that I talk to on a weekly basis that have kids in the program, sure they are not that happy but they also know that things will turn around.
If I remember correctly, Giddings did lose to a GREAT program, La Grange, the last 3 years, but they didn't call for Iveys head the 1st year.
Giddings did not play a soft schedule this year, I was told by one coach in the area that at one point, Giddings was the best 0-5 team in the state, I think 4 of those loses were to teams that reached the 2nd round of the playoffs and 1 made the 1st round. I don't think the program is in as much trouble as some think.
Its time for the "TOWN COACHES" to leave Odell alone and let coach and his staff do their job. :cool: :mad: wink :D :D :D

And those of you that will have a smart post, I'd love to meet you for a cup at the Texas Grill, but then, you would have to reveal yourself, and I don't think you want to do that.

Eagles44
11-27-2002, 09:49 PM
we had a head coach for about 10-15 years and he reitired our new coach went 4-6 (i think) his first year 0-10 last year and we are now 11-1 playing bellville this week in the playoff. the point i am trying to make is that is takes time for a coach to get his program right. if this is his first year lighten up on him. like the guy said earlier if you can do a better job put your popcorn down walk down the bleachers and lets see you do better.

Jacket2000
11-27-2002, 11:07 PM
I have no affiliation to either coach. I just hate armchair coaches who sit in the stands and think they can do a better job just b/c they watch the games on Friday night. There's an old saying in the coaching profession that goes something like this: "There are always hundreds of people who could do a better job than you if someone could only get'em to put down their popcorn and come down from the stands." I dont think Ive ever seen a better example of this than Mindy and OldBuff.
J2K

oldbuff78
11-28-2002, 09:54 AM
I will have you know Jacket i coached in high school for 20 years. How many did you coach? You seem to think maybe you are Mr. know it all.Critical is one thing,Common sense is another.

gochargers!!
11-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Sounds like a case of whistle envy to me... wink

J2K & BigBro. are right on target.

NEWSFLASH....IVEY IS GONE!!! HE AIN'T HERE!!!

Like it or not (and judging by the banter on this thread, you don't :(), Ivey has moved on to other things.

Just the facts, ma'am...just the facts.

How many straws were in that Coke??

mindy
11-28-2002, 01:53 PM
ouch, you guys have really hurt my feelings :D
all i have said is bring back ivey and pointed out why they should, but no one wants to point out the facts for the betterment of the kids here in giddings, i don't want to coach , i just want to get one in here than can coach, one that is proven and has done the job very very very well :p so jacket you never did come back and correct your mistake yesterday on giddings record from 2000 season and go chargers you and go braves have the most stupidist post ever time you get on here, girls rule and so does coach ivey eek! THE IVEY ERA WILL CONTINUE wait and see, tough to coach in lee county isn't it BOYS :D :D :D

mindy
11-28-2002, 01:55 PM
gochargers!!:
Sounds like a case of whistle envy to me... wink

J2K & BigBro. are right on target.

NEWSFLASH....IVEY IS GONE!!! HE AIN'T HERE!!!

Like it or not (and judging by the banter on this thread, you don't :( ), Ivey has moved on to other things.
:D :D :D IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY WINNER WINNNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER :D THE ERA WILL CONTINUE BECAUSE THE COOKIE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE
Just the facts, ma'am...just the facts.

How many straws were in that Coke??

spaniard
11-29-2002, 01:21 AM
sounds to me like mindy is a stalker or iveys kid. just my opinion. not that it really matters anyways

gochargers!!
11-29-2002, 07:38 AM
mindy:
ouch, you guys have really hurt my feelings :D
all i have said is bring back ivey and pointed out why they should, but no one wants to point out the facts for the betterment of the kids here in giddings, i don't want to coach , i just want to get one in here than can coach, one that is proven and has done the job very very very well :p so jacket you never did come back and correct your mistake yesterday on giddings record from 2000 season and go chargers you and go braves have the most stupidist post ever time you get on here, girls rule and so does coach ivey eek! THE IVEY ERA WILL CONTINUE wait and see, tough to coach in lee county isn't it BOYS Speaking of hurt feelings.. :( ..calling my posts "the most stupidist"...I'm so offended. Check your grammar and spelling before you even consider calling any of my posts the "most stupidist". You say you don't want to coach, but PLEASE tell me you are not a teacher. :rolleyes:

For what it is worth: Spaniard - I think you are right. eek!

mindy
11-29-2002, 06:29 PM
LET GO OF THE COOKIE ,, gocharger, :p :p :p :p

THE IVEY ERA WILL CONTINUE :D :D

TEACHERS AND GIRLS RULE eek! eek!

Giddings8
11-30-2002, 01:58 AM
Well it's a tough call. First of all I would like to speak to Jacket. SHUT THE HELL UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. You obviously don't know enough about this subject to be debating it with such fervor. Using your one inadequate comeback of "why don't you try coaching yourself" makes you seem like a slack-jawed boob. That being said it is certainly tough to come in and be a first year coach. Especially having moved from 2a to 3a. Coach Odell made some definate mistakes last year. The biggest in my opinion is not running a more intense offseason. Though he might have come in to late in the offseason to make a real impact on our team strength and conditioning, putting us through a strenuous workout regimen would have instilled discipline and more importantly respect for the head coach which was severely lacking. Odell however has pledged a more strict and difficult offseason for this year though the team played dodgeball the day before school was let out for thanksgiving. If coach Odell can run a tight ship this year in offseason and learn from some of the mistakes he made during the season, then things will definately start to look up for next season. I am not going to say whether or not i believe that coach Ivey should come back. What i will say is that i loved coach Ivey and his entire coaching staff. Coach Ivey is certainly a coaching genius and if he did come back would no doubt be able to turn the program around. I'm just glad that i don't have to make the decision between bringing a beloved coach back to giddings, or leaving Odell's staff jobless and looking for a new place to take thier families.

Jacket2000
11-30-2002, 02:44 AM
First of all, anything that is said on MY site becomes MY business. Especially when someone who has never stepped foot on the sidelines starts bashing someone who has dedicated 20+ years to the game.
Second of all, if you want to share your opinion on this board, feel free to do so. But, be prepared for any rebutal you may receive. That being said, let me repeat myself in saying that I cant stand armchair coaches! If, you, Mindy,or anyone else thinks that they can do a better job, then please, by all means, put down your popcorn, come down from the bleachers, put on a headset, and let's see what YOU can do, and how YOU handle the criticism from people who have never coached a Friday night in their lives. Otherwise, smile, pull up a stool and add a straw to that Coke.
J2K

gochargers!!
11-30-2002, 07:39 AM
GOOD GRAVY....if you ARE a teacher, it is no wonder the intelligence of our country as a whole has gone down the tubes.. wink ..and if anyone needs to be letting go of anything, it is you. What a hypocrite. It is a big word, mindy...get someone to help you with it. wink

mindy
11-30-2002, 11:35 AM
everyone on here with the exception of a couple of posters, never answer the question at hand, they just come back to putting me down :D :D
the question is IVEY ERA TO CONTINUE, plain and simple you all keep bringing up all this other stuff eek! eek! eek! but i am afraid that the HC in giddings is going to leave the program with nothing left so that giddings will never be feared again, just like your quote jacket,,,,

hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving and please just do whats right for the kids of giddings,,,,, bring back the winner, coach ivey

gochargers!!
11-30-2002, 11:40 AM
I answered your question....GIVE ODELL A CHANCE. Putting you down is just kind of a bonus.

gochargers!!
11-30-2002, 11:42 AM
p.s....hope your thanksgiving went well, also. We fried a turkey. PRETTY GOOD EATIN'.

mindy
11-30-2002, 01:12 PM
i really don't think you have done a very good job of putting me down, go back and view the post, i must believe i am way up on you mr. charger (glad you had a good holiday regardless)

gochargers!!
11-30-2002, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mindy:
[QB]everyone on here with the exception of a couple of posters, never answer the question at hand, they just come back to putting me down

Mrs. Miss Ms. Sra. Mindy -

Never said I was winning a battle of wits with you (but you are a formidable opponent)...just giving you a little jab in the ribs. We have differing opinions on this subject....it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. It is not up to you or me to decide the coaching staff at Giddings. We are beating the proverbial dead horse.

Just in it for the exchange of ideas....(hoping to sway you away from the dark side...kidding). wink

And might I suggest the fried turkey for your next holiday gathering...

Jacket2000
11-30-2002, 01:53 PM
Ok, I probably shoulda closed this thread as soon as coach-bashing began, but I had to go and get involved. So, IM nipping this in the bud now, before someone gets banned.
J2K