PDA

View Full Version : Oil Bowl This Saturday

Matthew328
06-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Oil Bowl is Saturday night at Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls!

GreenMonster
06-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I'll be there this year, no doubt. Probably gonna try to check out some Oil Bowl coaching clinic too if I can work it in, already scheduled to work a baseball camp with several of the other area coaches. Should be a good time.

3afan
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
a guy I umpired with this weekend is on the crew working the game

fury900
06-21-2008, 12:33 PM
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/oilbowl/

GreenMonster
06-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Heading out in about an hour.

DDBooger
06-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Oil Bowl is Saturday night at Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls! is it going to be on tv?

Phil C
06-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Go Texas!

GreenMonster
06-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Oklahoma wins 17-16.

Texas kicker from Argyle shanked his last extra point attempt that would have tied it. The fact that there was no rush made it even worse. In his bid to go from goat to hero on a late 50 yard field goal try there was a bad snap and the play was blown dead by the white hat due to special kicking rules for the game.

Chopblock
06-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Ronnie Had a chance to put a kid on the team that is going to a big 12 school to long snap. he didn't do it
He also got a burr under his saddle several years ago and changed officiating crews

Ranger Mom
06-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
Ronnie Had a chance to put a kid on the team that is going to a big 12 school to long snap. he didn't do it
He also got a burr under his saddle several years ago and changed officiating crews

Do I know of this kid??:)

wildstangs
06-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Darn...Oklahoma wins this game quite a bit now. Texas kids have so many all star games to choose from nowadays.

LH Panther Mom
06-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Do I know of this kid??:)
I'd put $$$$ on it (if betting were legal ;) ). :)

Matthew328
06-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Darn...Oklahoma wins this game quite a bit now. Texas kids have so many all star games to choose from nowadays.

Texas had a very weak squad IMO, they still almost won. Texas had dominated the past 2 years though. I imagine next year they'll be better especially with all the talent just in Wichita Falls you throw in some studs from DFW and they'll probably win it.

Chopblock
06-22-2008, 01:49 PM
yes you do

GreenMonster
06-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock

Ronnie is part of the problem instead of part of the solution. This game was better when the Shriners let Bobby Evans pick the teams. He had all the connections with all the coaches and they all sent their best. It just isn't so anymore. By the way, they have also done away with the Oil Bowl Coaches Clinic and that has further cut into how many coaches attend the game. This thing used to be Bobby's showcase. He ran it, he ran the hospitality, he brought in the coaches to speak at the clinic, he used his good will that he had earned through all the years of taking care of the coaches to get all the good kids. When they pushed Bobby out to the outskirts of the Oil Bowl picture they started the slow death that this game is enduring.

bobcat1
06-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Ronnie is part of the problem instead of part of the solution. This game was better when the Shriners let Bobby Evans pick the teams. He had all the connections with all the coaches and they all sent their best. It just isn't so anymore. By the way, they have also done away with the Oil Bowl Coaches Clinic and that has further cut into how many coaches attend the game. This thing used to be Bobby's showcase. He ran it, he ran the hospitality, he brought in the coaches to speak at the clinic, he used his good will that he had earned through all the years of taking care of the coaches to get all the good kids. When they pushed Bobby out to the outskirts of the Oil Bowl picture they started the slow death that this game is enduring.

I agree with you completely. Awtry's are good at beer sales and clubs. Nobody can do it like Bobby Evans.

Matthew328
06-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah I've never met Mr. Awtry but he doesn't seem to have much of a clue on HS Football, two years ago Everman had 2 D-1 kids who are now at TCU who Coach Keeling tried to get in the game and Awtry never got back with Keeling. WTH??

injuredinmelee
06-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Bobby Evans. That brings back memories. What wre the shorts that were the coaches shorts material but laced up in the front? I remember going into his store on Kell and getting my first pair as a 8th grader.

GreenMonster
06-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Bobby Evans. That brings back memories. What wre the shorts that were the coaches shorts material but laced up in the front? I remember going into his store on Kell and getting my first pair as a 8th grader.

Spanjan's

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-23-2008, 07:58 AM
My daughter didn't win Queen but she did win Miss Congeniality!

I had a great time this weekend.

I thought the Oklahoma QB was great. They also had some good secondary players to slow down the Texas passing attack.

Seemed like the Texas QB was trying to hit #4 the kid from Southlake on everything.