PDA

View Full Version : Fake Drunk Driving Accident at High School Angers Students

XtremeCouture
06-14-2008, 09:57 PM
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/education/16589866/detail.html?rss=dgo&psp=news

geraldo is on foxnews now saying that the teachers were wrong for doing this. i think geraldo is an idiot. shattered dreams had now affect on me because i knew it was fake. what do you guys think?

Blastoderm55
06-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Er, its done at high schools all across the nation. The kids will learn soon enough the reality of life. They need as much preparation as possible. Shame on Geraldo.

pirate4state
06-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Er, its done at high schools all across the nation. The kids will learn soon enough the reality of life. They need as much preparation as possible. Shame on Geraldo.

I guess they were pissed that it wasn't "staged" like it is at most high schools. I think the "pre-staged" route some schools do isn't AS effective as this school managed to pull off! Kudos to them. :clap:

If it scares them straight then they've accomplished their goal & people like Geraldo can go fly a kite!

Blastoderm55
06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Exactly. The same kids in Mathis who laughed when the grim reaper came around during Shattered Dreams this year were involved in an alcohol related accident the same evening. It shouldn't have to come to that point for kids to learn their lesson.

bhtrainer
06-15-2008, 02:07 AM
we did it at our school this year. the week before spring break. i was a living dead.

since i was apart of it i had to stay the night at the school. the accident and the whole "dying part" didnt make me cry but staying the night at the school every person in that room cried. because we had to write letters to our parents about the last things we would sayy to them and we had a girl from a nearby town who is now in prison for killing her boyfriend while she was drinkin and driving and most of us knew the girl so it really hit home. i dont think it really matters to the kids who know its fake and watch it happen. but to the people who cant go home and have to go through the activities that night. its a big deal.

it shouldnt be made fun of in any way.

cshscougar08
06-15-2008, 09:02 AM
We did this at our school too and we had a "funeral" for those that "died" in the wreck. Every single person in the school was crying. It was so real and eye-opening. It was weird going back to class after that because the halls were DEAD silent. No one was talking at all. It was very moving.