PDA

View Full Version : Oil closes below $135 after OPEC questions prices

Emerson1
06-14-2008, 02:59 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OIL_PRICES?SITE=AP

:eek:

sahen
06-14-2008, 03:59 PM
finally...maybe OPEC is starting to see a drop off in demand and will lower the prices...if that article is correct then hopefully this will be the beginning of a downward trend, but then again who knows what will happen..

duckpluck
06-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I know I find myself staying home more.

JasperDog94
06-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
I know I find myself staying home more. Same here.

eagles_victory
06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I sell fruits and veggies outside of a gas station and they dropped their prices from 3.97 to 3.91 today it was a pleasant surprise when I saw the lady walking out there I just knew it was going over 4 dollars a gallon

zebrablue2
06-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I am sick of this whole oil mess.:dispntd:

PhiI C
06-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by sahen
finally...maybe OPEC is starting to see a drop off in demand and will lower the prices...if that article is correct then hopefully this will be the beginning of a downward trend, but then again who knows what will happen..

sahen unfortunately we are starting the hurricane season and you know what happened in 2005.

Cameron Crazy
06-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
sahen unfortunately we are starting the hurricane season and you know what happened in 2005. That is a very true statement. Lets just hope that OPEC and all the oil refineries out there realzie some people have to go paycheck to paycheck and while those people are banking in the money off their gas they can let up a little. I mean come on, 4 dollars a gallon? Thats rediculous.

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
sahen unfortunately we are starting the hurricane season and you know what happened in 2005. also the 4th of july is coming up and they'll want to capitalize on that holliday.

Emerson1
06-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Tomorrow is also fathers day. That's 10 cents right there

lostaussie
06-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
also the 4th of july is coming up and they'll want to capitalize on that holliday. looking at the profits they have been posting...........i would say they have capitalized enough.

mustang04
06-15-2008, 07:53 PM
i would like to go beat the living crap out of any of the fat cats in the gas and oil business who are making more a year now than they were...say 5-6 years ago....

JasperDog94
06-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i would like to go beat the living crap out of any of the fat cats in the gas and oil business who are making more a year now than they were...say 5-6 years ago.... While you are at it, go beat the crap out of the politicians who won't let us drill in the arctic wastland because of non-existant environmental reasons.

Old Tiger
06-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
While you are at it, go beat the crap out of the politicians who won't let us drill in the arctic wastland because of non-existant environmental reasons. silly....the politicians are ran by lobbyest ;)

JasperDog94
06-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
silly....the politicians are ran by lobbyest ;) Unfortunately you are correct.:( :mad: :mad:

sahen
06-15-2008, 08:16 PM
i would like to go beat the living crap out of any of the fat cats in the gas and oil business who are making more a year now than they were...say 5-6 years ago....

yah...heaven forbid they run a buisness and make more money every year...i guess of course you would only like nonprofits to succeed, every successful company in america is making more money now than they made 5-6 years ago....

the oil problem is really complex and its easiest to blame it on the oil companies but they aint the only people that are at fault...

the Saudi's did announce today they were upping production by 200,000 barrels a day for july and august, hopefully that will help in bringing the price down, OPEC has their next meeting in Sept. and typically they do what the Saudis are doing so if they are still increasing production (the last several months they have) then the rest of the OPEC countries will hopefully decide to follow suit....

rockdale80
06-15-2008, 08:33 PM
yah...heaven forbid they run a buisness and make more money every year...i guess of course you would only like nonprofits to succeed, every successful company in america is making more money now than they made 5-6 years ago....

the oil problem is really complex and its easiest to blame it on the oil companies but they aint the only people that are at fault...

the Saudi's did announce today they were upping production by 200,000 barrels a day for july and august, hopefully that will help in bringing the price down, OPEC has their next meeting in Sept. and typically they do what the Saudis are doing so if they are still increasing production (the last several months they have) then the rest of the OPEC countries will hopefully decide to follow suit....

Companies are making more money, people are making less, and the value of the dollar is falling. AWESOME!!!:hand:

mustang04
06-15-2008, 09:06 PM
yah...heaven forbid they run a buisness and make more money every year...

you obviously dont see the logic....

sahen
06-15-2008, 09:17 PM
you obviously dont see the logic....

nevermind mustang...i read ur post wrong....is ee what your saying and understand now

i would edit off your post and my response but i cant...anyway, sry

sahen
06-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Companies are making more money, people are making less, and the value of the dollar is falling. AWESOME!!!:hand:

actually the dollar has been increasing in value over the last week...it says that in the article...plus i think the falling dollar is more atributed to the real estate and credit crunch than the price of oil...those problems made the value of the dollar decrease thus the price of oil increase....

mustang04
06-15-2008, 09:45 PM
nevermind mustang...i read ur post wrong....is ee what your saying and understand now

i would edit off your post and my response but i cant...anyway, sry

its all good in the neighborhood now man :)

JasperDog94
06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
actually the dollar has been increasing in value over the last week...it says that in the article...plus i think the falling dollar is more atributed to the real estate and credit crunch than the price of oil...those problems made the value of the dollar decrease thus the price of oil increase.... :iagree: When the dollar was weakened by the credit crunch the cost of oil went up. By no means was that the only reason, but it was a contributing factor.

Sahen...you know better than to think that good news will be reported during an election year.;)

Antec
06-15-2008, 10:16 PM
My cousin is a Vice President for Shell Office in Houston

Of course Shell gas prices are the highest

He gave us run around for reasons at family gathering today

With the salary he's making (6 Figures) he doesnt have to worry