06-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I will call it this way.

(1) Gilmer (5-0); Eighth consecutive undefeated district title
(2) Tatum (4-1); Move back to 3A is helped by a weak district
(3) Spring Hill (2-3); They always sneak into the playoffs somehow
(4) Chapel Hill (2-3); They get the short end of the UIL math
(5) Bullard (2-3); 6-4 record will be deceptive
(6) Gladewater (0-5); The Bears of old are a distant memory

Gilmer will go as the D-1 rep and play Jasper in Bi-district. It's a rematch of the week 0 game at Tyler Rose Stadium, and the Buckeyes will win for the second time.

That's it! That is all the prognostication I feel comfortable with right now.:D

WOS87
06-14-2008, 02:29 PM
It looks like Chapel Hill will be the deciding factor in how nasty the Division II bracket is going to be in Region III.

Navasota is pretty much a shoe-in to go DI

La Vega and WO-S are almost sure to go DII

If Chapel Hill makes it in they will push Gilmer down to DII. This would likely have Gilmer, La Vega and WOS all duking it out in the first 3 rounds with only 1 potentially making it to the quarterfinals.

If Chapel Hill finishes in the bottom 3, then Gilmer goes DI.

My (extremely early) predictions on Region III come playoff time

Division I 1st Round Predictions

D17 Gilmer vs D18 Jasper
D19 Robinson vs. D20 Athens
D21 Silsbee vs. D22 Huffman
D23 BYE vs. D24 Navasota

Division II 1st Round Predictions

D17(1) Tatum vs D18(2) Diboll
D19(1) Waco La Vega vs D20(2) Palestine
D21(1) WOS vs D22(2) Coldspring
D23(1) BYE vs D24(2) Caldwell
D17(2) Spring Hill vs D18(1) Carthage
D19(2) Waco Connally vs D20(1) Crockett
D21(2) Hamshire-Fannett vs D22(1) Splendora
D23(2) BYE vs D24(1) Madisonville

Buckeye80
06-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
It looks like Chapel Hill will be the deciding factor in how nasty the Division II bracket is going to be in Region III.

I don't know. DI doesn't exactly look like a picnic in your scenario!:D Reg III looks like a salty little region this year.

easttexas3a
06-15-2008, 02:20 AM
1. Gilmer (5-0); Gilmer wins district again, although I think this district is a lot better district than last years.
2. Chapel Hill - Have as many athletes as Gilmer, will be close to as good as they were last year making them a playoff team, and one that could suprise a few teams.
3. tatum - I just have no reason to doubt that Tatum will make it into the playoffs, by years end they will be very good after maybe a slow start.
4. Spring Hill - I don't think they bring enough to the table to make it in, I think Fudge is a good player, and if he doesn't miss half of district like he did last year then spring hill will definitly challenge for a playoff spot.
5. bullard - Much better team last year, will be in the second year of a new head coach, and will be returning quite a few players that made a mess of the old district they were in with van chill and the rest. Bullard is a team who could make a run.
6. Gladewater - just nothing to really say that would make you put them any higher. Great athletes, just have not gotten it done on the field.

I don't suspect that gilmer will lose any game in District, I think the Chapel hill and tatum games will be close, but the others I feel they will win convincingly. The team out of this bunch that will determine what happens with Gilmer is of course Chapel hill. If they make it in reg 3 d2 will be loaded. not that reg 3 d1 won't be if they do not.

R3Editor
06-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Reg III looks like a salty little region this year.
That's what we've been saying for years. :D