PDA

View Full Version : Dave Cambell's Texas Football D24-3A

Dogman_1969
06-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Dave Cambell Texas Football has District 24 this way.

1. Navasota
2. Rockdale
3. Madisonville
4. Cameron Yoe
5. Caldwell
6. Taylor
7. Bryan Rudder

pirate4state
06-14-2008, 11:11 AM
wow does Caldwell lose alot or will the 4 other teams be that much better than them?

they looked okay against giddings last year and had a good playoff run. :thinking:

WOS87
06-14-2008, 12:21 PM
So according to those rankings, it appears exceedingly unlikely that Navasota will go Division 2 since Taylor and Rudder are the only two schools with a larger enrollment.

Good news for WOS!

ProudHornetMom
06-14-2008, 12:59 PM
:dispntd: :ack!: :vrycnfsd:

We lost 24 or 25 seniors who were very good but the ones returning are strong and the ones coming up are looking good. I don't think we'll ever be ranked well with DC until we have a tradition of winning. Either that or we PO'd DC a long time ago and have never been forgiven. ;)

I don't think any team will think we're an easy win. They'll need to be prepared...and so will we. We weren't ranked high last year at this time.

RdaleBoi08
06-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow, Rockdale Was Predicted 3rd Last Year And Now 2nd This Year...Finally Gettin Some Respect

rockdale80
06-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Wow, Rockdale Was Predicted 3rd Last Year And Now 2nd This Year...Finally Gettin Some Respect

Stability in the coaching ranks always helps. This group doesnt like to lose. They have won plenty of games coming up through the grades so it will be exciting to see them compete at the varsity level and hopefully garner some big wins.

navscanmaster
06-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Rockdale scares me more than Madisonville anyhow. At least we get Madisonville and Caldwell at home. I am seriously hoping that #2 ranking doesn't go to the boys' heads, and that the new defense gels quickly.

HEMOTOXIC
06-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Rockdale scares me more than Madisonville anyhow. At least we get Madisonville and Caldwell at home. I am seriously hoping that #2 ranking doesn't go to the boys' heads, and that the new defense gels quickly.

They better be ready to tangle with the Rockdale Tigers. I hear that Rockdale always has a good d. Right now, that game is the one district game that scares me....

navscanmaster
06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
They better be ready to tangle with the Rockdale Tigers. I hear that Rockdale always has a good d. Right now, that game is the one district game that scares me....

No doubt. Don't forget that Cameron Yoe is tough at home. There is a strong chance that no team will make it out of district without a loss. I don't care what people think the Rattlers are ranked. Remember 04 when they were supposed to go 10-0, and were undefeated until Rice Consol stomped the Rattlers, 49-13 at the Swamp? I do, and it sticks with me. Never underestimate your opponent.

zebrablue2
06-16-2008, 09:20 PM
No doubt. Don't forget that Cameron Yoe is tough at home. There is a strong chance that no team will make it out of district without a loss. I don't care what people think the Rattlers are ranked. Remember 04 when they were supposed to go 10-0, and were undefeated until Rice Consol stomped the Rattlers, 49-13 at the Swamp? I do, and it sticks with me. Never underestimate your opponent.

I remember that year when Bellville had them 4th and forever and they scored on that darn screen pass. Cost us the district championship outright. That game was a war...

87 TIGER
06-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
So according to those rankings, it appears exceedingly unlikely that Navasota will go Division 2 since Taylor and Rudder are the only two schools with a larger enrollment.

Good news for WOS! Don't rule that out yet, Taylor might surprise some folks, they have a very good RB.

HEMOTOXIC
06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Don't rule that out yet, Taylor might surprise some folks, they have a very good RB.

Taylor may surprise some folks, but it will be really tough for the Ducks to get by Navasota, Rockdale, Madisonville, and Cameron.

HEMOTOXIC
06-17-2008, 12:15 PM

I remember that game. It was my first trip ever to Rice Consol. I thought that I was lost for a while traveling down there. That was a good old fashion a** whipping that Rice put on the Rattlers. Then, the game against Bellville was spectacular. Hopefully, the Rattlers will not have a repeat like that of the 04 season. I do believe that we had an early exit from the playoffs thanks to an OT fumble that led to a Caldwell Hornet touchdown.

c-town_balla
06-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Ive been hearing things out of Taylor.....not good things for there athletic program

rockdale80
06-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Ive been hearing things out of Taylor.....not good things for there athletic program

Their or there or they're? Hmm....I wonder. ;)

c-town_balla
06-17-2008, 02:06 PM
well it is Taylor's athletic program...

Johnny Utah
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
What is up in Taylor?

c-town_balla
06-17-2008, 03:32 PM
lotta kids qutting athletics
one of the better returning players got busted for drugs

ProudHornetMom
06-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Taylor may surprise some folks, but it will be really tough for the Ducks to get by Navasota, Rockdale, Madisonville, and Cameron.

The Ducks won't get past Caldwell. :twitch:

By the way, Navasota had a nice story on WTAW. Y'all are in for an exciting year no doubt.

jlg043
06-17-2008, 07:40 PM
I didnt know Rockdale was suppose to be that good. Is Joe Sanders going to be qb or is drake still there?

navscanmaster
06-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
The Ducks won't get past Caldwell. :twitch:

By the way, Navasota had a nice story on WTAW. Y'all are in for an exciting year no doubt.

I don't understand a lot of the 7 on 7 tournament structure, but I know the Rattlers did well, beating Brenham 41-21 and Cy Creek 41-28, then losing to Round Rock 41-34. That was all in "pool play." The Eagle said that the Rattlers advanced to the Division 2 (Class A-3A) state finals after winning at Normangee.

ProudHornetMom
06-17-2008, 09:12 PM
WTAW was talking about the Rattlers #2 ranking but that Dave picked y'all to win state in the end. We haven't gotten our mag yet so haven't read the article.

87 TIGER
06-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by jlg043
I didnt know Rockdale was suppose to be that good. Is Joe Sanders going to be qb or is drake still there? Drake is a senior this year and will be the QB. Tigers started 7-8 sophs last year returning 8 on O and 7 on D they really started to gel in dist last year finishing 2nd behind Liberty Hill, and gave them all they wanted.

HEMOTOXIC
06-18-2008, 10:58 AM
WTAW was talking about the Rattlers #2 ranking but that Dave picked y'all to win state in the end. We haven't gotten our mag yet so haven't read the article.

WOW.....Interesting picking the Rattlers to win state. I was really surprised by the Rattlers' play last season. I hope that they do the same again this year. Hopefully, Liberty Hill will not get in our way.

Go Snakes!

BTW, I'm calling it now, Caldwell may surprise some teams in D24.

c-town_balla
06-18-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't doubt Navasotas ability but from seeing them twice last year I don't see a #2 ranked team coming out of that.

However, if the Defense comes around and picks a formation and becomes a solid group I could see Navasota being a solid three-round deep playoff team

RattlerDude
06-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I see Cameron as the biggest threat to Navasota no matter where they play. Cameron is like Bellville in the way that they always have a decent or very good team with a lot of people who hustle. Cameron I would have expected to be #2 in the district.

Johnny Utah
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Why so many problems in Taylor again? Navasota is a basketball town! LOL!!!

RattlerDude
06-18-2008, 03:49 PM

That's what I'm talking about. The team feels as though they can do it this year. They all know that this is their year to make something happen. I can't wait to see what they can do. They have a lot of returning impact players. They are going to be very explosive.

RattlerDude
06-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Don't rule that out yet, Taylor might surprise some folks, they have a very good RB.

So did Smithville. LOL! That little guy could move and you see what they did with that. Football is a team sport, remember?

Old Tiger
06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
District Ends up

1. Navasota
2. Rockdale
3. Cameron
4. Madisonville

the rest doesn't matter

ProudHornetMom
06-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
District Ends up

1. Navasota
2. Rockdale
3. Cameron
4. Madisonville

the rest doesn't matter

It matters to this mom. :D

HEMOTOXIC
06-18-2008, 10:12 PM
WOW, can't wait til the fall......

Comparing Navasota's team based on the scrimmage against Cameron last year to this year's team isn't a fair comparison. Navasota was a better team by the start of district and definately after the comeback win versus Jasper. They return alot of starters from a team that ended the year on a high note although they lost to Liberty Hill. As stated before, if the Rattlers can improve their defense, they will be the team to beat.

The district race will be close but....

1. Navasota
2. Rockdale
3. Madisonville---They still have Chris Whaley
4. Cameron/Caldwell

c-town_balla
06-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I also compared it to the LH game....I wouldn't have even put my opinion out there if it was just based on a scrimmage

navscanmaster
06-18-2008, 11:09 PM
I also compared it to the LH game....I wouldn't have even put my opinion out there if it was just based on a scrimmage

The first quarter, or the last three?

HEMOTOXIC
06-18-2008, 11:09 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/herbertdwilson/navasota.jpg

HEMOTOXIC
06-18-2008, 11:10 PM
The first quarter, or the last three?

Minus the first quarter, I believe that the Rattlers played fairly decent.

87 TIGER
06-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Minus the first quarter, I believe that the Rattlers played fairly decent. What was the score in the 1st quarter?

c-town_balla
06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I was at the whole game

navscanmaster
06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
What was the score in the 1st quarter?

27-7. Final was 48-14 I believe. Navasota made personnel changes and even suffered some injuries on defense in the second half, but played hard, and even came up with some turnovers and a goal line stand on 4th down.

HEMOTOXIC
06-19-2008, 11:44 AM
That first quarter was a nightmare. I was sitting there thinking, so, I finally see what the Liberty Hill Panthers are all about. Everyone was stunned. I've never seen any team dominate the Rattlers like the Panthers did in that game. And, I am talking alot of games. Even from the years of being in 4A etc.

RattlerDude
06-19-2008, 01:09 PM
What was the score in the 1st quarter?

The actual score at the end of the first was 34-7. I remember being so shocked. THEY really slowed it down in the rest of the game. They only scored once more in the second and I think again in the third.

That game doesn't matter. I know these boys are ready to go this year.

c-town_balla
06-19-2008, 01:11 PM
I recall our first quater vs. LH

those were the days.......
14-14

then it all came crashing down

RattlerDude
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
I recall our first quater vs. LH

those were the days.......
14-14

then it all came crashing down

What was the final score? Lol

c-town_balla
06-19-2008, 01:17 PM
63-14

we had seven turnovers....lost by 7 td's fairly simple
I would have given our Defense a b+ for that game LH only had two touchdown drives and we had them throwing mulitble passes in the first quarter....infact I beleve LH threw double digit passes that game

RattlerDude
06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
63-14

we had seven turnovers....lost by 7 td's fairly simple
I would have given our Defense a b+ for that game LH only had two touchdown drives and we had them throwing mulitble passes in the first quarter....infact I beleve LH threw double digit passes that game

OMG! When did this happen? I would have cried!

Dogman_1969
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Balla don't feel bad. I watched the Panthers do this to many teams over the last 2 yrs. They had and still have some great players that excell in that system. They return several players that started as soph's in the state game in 2006 and those guys will be seniors this fall. Don't expect too much of a falloff until the Beast and his gang are gone. I hear from a coach over there they have one more great season coming up.

87 TIGER
06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
We played one of our better games against LH last year. We had a lead @ half 19-13 I think LH came out the second half strong and won by a score of 37-25.

RattlerDude
06-19-2008, 04:04 PM
We played one of our better games against LH last year. We had a lead @ half 19-13 I think LH came out the second half strong and won by a score of 37-25.

Dude this was crazy. I knew Rockdale sucked last year so when I saw this score I was tripped out. I don't understand how such a sorry team could have held LH down so well...It must have been a horrible game for LH. Oh well, champions can win ugly as well as great.

Old Tiger
06-19-2008, 04:05 PM
I remember the M&G of the LH/Navasota playoff game....boy was i right

87 TIGER
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Dude this was crazy. I knew Rockdale sucked last year so when I saw this score I was tripped out. I don't understand how such a sorry team could have held LH down so well...It must have been a horrible game for LH. Oh well, champions can win ugly as well as great. Maybe were not as "sorry" as you might think. beat hutto by 30+ beat yoe by 3 td's played china (state finalist) in 1st round gave them all they wanted 30-27.Very young team started to play well late in the season, maybe LH underestimated us, so keep thinking were horrible.

Old Tiger
06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Dude this was crazy. I knew Rockdale sucked last year so when I saw this score I was tripped out. I don't understand how such a sorry team could have held LH down so well...It must have been a horrible game for LH. Oh well, champions can win ugly as well as great. Remember when I set you straight last year about discrediting a team? :D

HEMOTOXIC
06-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Mark your calendars now!!!!!

Friday, Oct 17- Navasota @ Rockdale

c-town_balla
06-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I never thought rockdale was sorry....they whipped us thats for sure.....but I wouldn't hang my hat on that hutto beat down....we did hurt 5 or 6 starters the week before and they were down

LH Panther Mom
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Don't expect too much of a falloff until the Beast and his gang are gone.
:devil: :devil:

Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I hear from a coach over there they have one more great season coming up.
I think he might be right. :)

rockdale80
06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Maybe were not as "sorry" as you might think. beat hutto by 30+ beat yoe by 3 td's played china (state finalist) in 1st round gave them all they wanted 30-27.Very young team started to play well late in the season, maybe LH underestimated us, so keep thinking were horrible.

I think this year it will get turned around. ;)

navscanmaster
06-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Dude this was crazy. I knew Rockdale sucked last year so when I saw this score I was tripped out. I don't understand how such a sorry team could have held LH down so well...It must have been a horrible game for LH. Oh well, champions can win ugly as well as great.

Where did that come from, RattlerDude? I didn't think there was a pot to stir in this thread. I guess you never can tell, though.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Where did that come from, RattlerDude? I didn't think there was a pot to stir in this thread. I guess you never can tell, though. he tries navs but we just laugh :D

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 07:39 AM
he tries navs but we just laugh :D

Blue, do you ever sleep?:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
06-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Mark your calendars now!!!!!

Friday, Oct 17- Navasota @ Rockdale

Indeed :clap: :thinking:

nasa1
06-20-2008, 12:29 PM
think the stands will be full when two of the top running backs in texas play in the last district game of the season - Madisonville @ Navasota.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by nasa1
think the stands will be full when two of the top running backs in texas play in the last district game of the season - Madisonville @ Navasota. not if one of them ends up sucking(team not player)

navscanmaster
06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
not if one of them ends up sucking(team not player)

Madisonville doesn't return much at all, but Chris alone can make them a tough draw. But if Navasota's defense is ready for the task, it should be a Rattler win. I am still more worried about travelling to Milam County twice!

HEMOTOXIC
06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by nasa1
think the stands will be full when two of the top running backs in texas play in the last district game of the season - Madisonville @ Navasota.

That will be the last game of the regular season. Hopefully, both teams will have something to play for...Like, the district title. What a game that would be!!!!

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Madisonville doesn't return much at all, but Chris alone can make them a tough draw. But if Navasota's defense is ready for the task, it should be a Rattler win. I am still more worried about travelling to Milam County twice! cameron has no good places to eat.

c-town_balla
06-20-2008, 01:19 PM
If you like Mexican food....we have around six places

Dogman_1969
06-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Bella what is up with Rockdale and Cameron. At least you have Big Bobs for a weekly steakhouse. Rockdale now offers a place to get a great burger (Ranch). My buddy owns it so I always get great service and we catch up on the latest town gossup......

87 TIGER
06-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Come by anytime, come on out before the games we can eat & chat before we head up to Tiger field.

jlg043
06-21-2008, 11:36 AM
cant wait for the season!