PDA

View Full Version : Congrates to the Sweetwater Reds

GetRDoneStangs
06-13-2008, 11:48 PM
District 5 Jr. League (13-14 yr old) as they defeated a team from Abilene South 12-2 in 6 innings.

It was all about pitching.....the game was like 2-1 after 4 innings and then that "95" pitch rule sets in and the Sweetwater pitchers where a bit more rested or deeper and won the district championship!!!

Another Sweetwater team just missed out the night before in what could have been an all Sweetwater battle for the crown.

This a great brunch of boys....they travel and do all that...I hope in about 4-5 years (or less) we are talking about this group much like the State Champions from Snyder!!!

It is just great thing to see the hard work of these kids pay off!!!

wildstangs
06-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Good news - Sweetwater always has some good summer teams that for some reason never do anything in high school.

GetRDoneStangs
06-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Good news - Sweetwater always has some good summer teams that for some reason never do anything in high school.

Good point.....New Coach may change that...

It was announced that Herridia (sp) and I can not think of his first name....:thinking: :thinking: ...Anywy....

I have heard that several player will come back out with him as HC.......

wildstangs
06-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Good point.....New Coach may change that...

It was announced that Herridia (sp) and I can not think of his first name....:thinking: :thinking: ...Anywy....

I have heard that several player will come back out with him as HC.......

Where did the last coach go? I noticed there are several openings at Sweetwater High. Coach (Tony) Heredia was the baseball coach while I was in school. He is an Asst. Principal now. Is he coming back out to coach, or is his brother coming to Sweetwater?

GetRDoneStangs
06-14-2008, 12:15 AM
It must be a brother....I think his name is Roland??? He has coached quite a bit around the state and maybe some college???

From what I have heard we are getting a very good coach...that is wanting to retire in his home area! It will be a blessing for the young men coming up to be coached by someone with his experience.

A good coach will not only enhance his true baseball plyers....but will entice others to come out to play....and that could be the difference........

wildstangs
06-14-2008, 12:17 AM
It must be a brother....I think his name is Roland??? He has coached quite a bit around the state and maybe some college???

From what I have heard we are getting a very good coach...that is wanting to retire in his home area! It will be a blessing for the young men coming up to be coached by someone with his experience.

A good coach will not only enhance his true baseball plyers....but will entice others to come out to play....and that could be the difference........

I dont remember his name. He was the coach at Lakeview when I was in high school. Hopefully the program gets going, seems like we have always had great baseball players.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-14-2008, 06:49 AM

You sure it was Herridia and not Herrera? He used to coach in Snyder.

GetRDoneStangs
06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
You sure it was Herridia and not Herrera? He used to coach in Snyder.

I think that is correct...(I heard both names}...he did coach in Snyder at 1 time.

skins4life
06-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I had a son play for Harrerra in 2000

payoff
06-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I heard it was Roland Herrera that was the coach in Snyder about 6 years ago. Pretty good coach but he has his faults. (I quess we all do.)