PDA

View Full Version : A very touching story!! (Video)

PHS Wildcats
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I know some people think sports stories that have tragedy are no more important than normal things that happen everyday, but I saw this today on "Outside the Lines" and I was really touch and yes, it brought a tear to my eye. I love the ending.

It may have already been posted, but I wanted to post it incase it wasn't.

:clap:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3421852

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I know some people think sports stories that have tragedy are no more important than normal things that happen everyday, but I saw this today on "Outside the Lines" and I was really touch and yes, it brought a tear to my eye. I love the ending.

It may have already been posted, but I wanted to post it incase it wasn't.

:clap:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3421852

If this was what was on earlier today about the Summerville basketball team/coach, then I too agree with you. It was a really touching story.

44INAROW
06-13-2008, 03:42 PM
I've tried to watch it 2 times here at the office and can't get "through it" I'll try tonight........... very touching indeed :(

GreenMonster
06-13-2008, 04:05 PM
That was absolutely brutal to watch. :clap:

jlg043
06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Very touching! A great ending for those boys and for their coach!

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2008, 04:28 PM
it is sad, in the comments section it seems his Dad is saying he did not say those last words and just starting a bunch of crap

jlg043
06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
it is sad, in the comments section it seems his Dad is saying he did not say those last words and just starting a bunch of crap

I just read that. Thats crazy and kind of crappy if that is the truth

pirate4state
06-13-2008, 10:42 PM
:crying:

saw that on Sportscenter last week sometime in the morning before going to work :doh: talk about a boo hoo fest! :weeping:

GreenMonster
06-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

If you really feel that the Father is "just starting a bunch of crap" then make 100% sure that everything you report on from here on out is 100% accurate so as not to ever find yourself in this same situation. Everyone knows that the media is often times guilty of sensationalizing things to make for a better story. This particular story appears to be falling into that category. Sure it makes for a better story, but the Mother and Father of this young man are suffering heartache over it. Before you go and take this the wrong way, I'm pretty sure that you don't take this path in your broadcasting. I've listened to your broadcasts on more than one occasion and have the utmost respect for you and your talents. Just take a step back and view this deceased young man's story through the eyes of his devestated parents. They feel strongly that the widow is trying to be seen in a different light than what is true.