9. Giddings
10. Navasota

K-MAC Chuck
06-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Personal opinion here only..

Navasota is under-rated in this poll..

BreckTxLonghorn
06-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Once again, Breckenridge gets nooo love.

:D

K-MAC Chuck
06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by **********
The Coaches Poll is posted in the Mag..

3A poll

2. Liberty Hill

5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
9. Giddings

#2 Liberty Hill takes on the #5, #6 and #9 teams in this poll...
Don't think THAT won't be some great football to watch!

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2008, 10:22 AM

3A

1. Celina
2. Liberty Hill
3. Gilmer
4. Cuero
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
7. WO-S
8.China Spring
9. Giddings
10. Navasota

That one starter Wylie returns on defense must
really be good.:thinking:

:stirpot:

44INAROW
06-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

WOS87
06-13-2008, 10:35 AM

3A

1. Celina
2. Liberty Hill
3. Gilmer
4. Cuero
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
7. WO-S
8.China Spring
9. Giddings
10. Navasota

Wow... very similar to my listing of the most consistent 3A winners a few days ago

--->link to thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83225)

7 of the top 9 are the same

1. Celina - 154
2. Gilmer - 79
3. Cuero - 65
4. Liberty Hill - 60

6. West Orange-Stark - 54
7. Giddings - 40
8. Abilene Wylie - 38

BILLYFRED0000
06-13-2008, 10:46 AM

3A

1. Celina
2. Liberty Hill
3. Gilmer
4. Cuero
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
7. WO-S
8.China Spring
9. Giddings
10. Navasota

I don't get this one. I do not see Gilmer that good and I don't think that we (Celina) should be number one. Number 5 maybe.
We did look ok so far in 7 7 stuff. QB's all look good

Move Gilmer to 5 us to 6 and move everybody up maybe ok. I just think that Celina has to prove up this year. Lineman on both sides and QB spots going to be where most of the refills are.

WOS87
06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I don't get this one. I don't think that we (Celina) should be number one.

You guys (Celina) are 47-1 over the last 3 years, losing the one game by 3 points to a state champ. I think once you string that many wins in a row a lot of people are going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you will continue to win.

K-MAC Chuck
06-13-2008, 11:08 AM

3A

1. Celina
2. Liberty Hill
3. Gilmer
4. Cuero
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
7. WO-S
8.China Spring
9. Giddings
10. Navasota

Compare that to the 3ADLers poll
..from 13 polls compiled here on the site last week.

1) Liberty Hill (10 first-place votes)
2) Celina (2)
3) Brownwood (1)
4) China Spring
5) Navasota
6) Cuero
7) Waco La Vega
8) West Orange-Stark
9) Gilmer
10) Abilene Wylie

again, Navasota at #10 in the coach's poll is a bit low for my tastes..

BILLYFRED0000
06-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
You guys (Celina) are 47-1 over the last 3 years, losing the one game by 3 points to a state champ. I think once you string that many wins in a row a lot of people are going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you will continue to win.

I agree to a point but that is not how it works. We have a great coaching staff and get more out of our boys than most any body could. We have lost 5 games since the streak started in 98. But all that means is we are due some downtime. I think we will play well but we have a tough schedule in predistrict with a couple of 4a schools and injuries are bound to happen. I think luck may run against us this year a little. It did last year some but we just were lucky to be really good so injuries to our best player in the state game did not kill us. I am in a wait and see mode this year.
I

HEMOTOXIC
06-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Personal opinion here only..

Navasota is under-rated in this poll..

I agree.....but, once again, its just a poll. The Rattlers will have alot to proove this fall. I would def. have them ranked atleast at #6 or #7.

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
what do coaches know:rolleyes: :p

espn1
06-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm Glad Burnet's back. We'll see in week 0 how they fare against B'wood. My sources are telling me this should be a decent year for the Dawgs. I'm glad they're being over looked in the polls.

michaelp23
06-13-2008, 01:10 PM

He is. I'm sure you guys is Sweetwater remember #12 Jesse Jennings. I'm not sure if there really is only one returning defensive starter. But if there is, he's a pretty good one to build around!

Johnny Utah
06-13-2008, 01:11 PM
No one the Dogs play in non-district or in district will take them lightly or overlook them, fact.

STANG RED
06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
#2 Liberty Hill takes on the #5, #6 and #9 teams in this poll...
Don't think THAT won't be some great football to watch!

Funny thing is, if they beat all three, they will be the easy #1. But if they lose to just one of them by 1 point they could easily drop out of the top 5, or if they barely lose to 2 of them, they will most likely drop out of the top 10, and some people will be saying "What's wrong with Liberty Hill?" LOL, football fans and polls are fickeled things, and most dont even know what they are talking about.:D

And I agree with some who think Wylie and Celina may be ranked just a bit too high, and Navasota should probably be higher. I would also put B'wood no lower than #3. But I dont know that I would take any of these teams out of the top 10 completly.

Johnny Utah
06-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Region 1 got a lot tougher!!!

waterboy
06-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Personally, I don't see Gilmer being #3, although I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish at least in the top 10. They lost 9 of 11 starters on offense. They do have Darian "Stump" Godfrey back at QB, who will be only a junior this year, but it may take a few games to get back in sync with all the new starters. I think the defense will be better this year, though, with 8 or 9 starters back (I believe), the majority of which were juniors and sophomores last year. Look out in '09, though. Celina and Liberty Hill lost alot of players that might be hard to replace, too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of newcomers in the finals this year, either. Most of these rankings are because these teams just seem to reload, and are consistent winners, so it is understandable how they would be ranked where they are.

BILLYFRED0000
06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Funny thing is, if they beat all three, they will be the easy #1. But if they lose to just one of them by 1 point they could easily drop out of the top 5, or if they barely lose to 2 of them, they will most likely drop out of the top 10, and some people will be saying "What's wrong with Liberty Hill?" LOL, football fans and polls are fickeled things, and most dont even know what they are talking about.:D

And I agree with some who think Wylie and Celina may be ranked just a bit too high, and Navasota should probably be higher. I would also put B'wood no lower than #3. But I dont know that I would take any of these teams out of the top 10 completly.

We just had a huge bunch of seniors last year that really had heart. We have a great bunch of guys this year going to be seniors so if we can fill some holes we could be nearly as good as last year maybe as good. But to me that is if. We have solid guys coming up and we play well as a team. I hope these guys coming in from JV are hungry enough to eat a big meal. IF they are it might be another good year. Of course good in Celina would be fantastic most places. Maybe Coach Ford is right in saying that Celina fans are spoiled. I think so. We will have a good year. But will it be another great one?

trojan37
06-13-2008, 01:26 PM
After the first few weeks a lot of teams should drop in the polls anyway. There are a lot of top 10 and top 20 matchups early on. I believe there will be some upsets, and some teams may fall out of the top 10.

trojan37
06-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I really don't think anyone has to worry about Celina having a good season. How long did Coach Ford say it's been since Celina had a losing season? Anyone remember?

BILLYFRED0000
06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I really don't think anyone has to worry about Celina having a good season. How long did Coach Ford say it's been since Celina had a losing season? Anyone remember?

I think it was in 83. or there abouts. but don't quote me.

ronwx5x
06-13-2008, 01:39 PM
I think it was in 83. or there abouts. but don't quote me.

1986 5-5

1983 1-9 25 years since last losing season.

Playoffs in 16 consecutive years.

navscanmaster
06-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Breaking news from the grapevine -- Navasota is overhauling defense this off season.......kids on defensive line are not as large, but are stronger and unarguably quicker. I love our little grapevines around here!:devil: :1popcorn:

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Breaking news from the grapevine -- Navasota is overhauling defense this off season.......kids on defensive line are not as large, but are stronger and unarguably quicker. I love our little grapevines around here!:devil: :1popcorn: they produce some sour grapes mainly that bleeker guy over there and that other VFD guy who post on 3adl

navscanmaster
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
they produce some sour grapes mainly that bleeker guy over there and that other VFD guy who post on 3adl
:hijacktd: :D

cr180t
06-13-2008, 02:28 PM
We just had a huge bunch of seniors last year that really had heart. We have a great bunch of guys this year going to be seniors so if we can fill some holes we could be nearly as good as last year maybe as good. But to me that is if. We have solid guys coming up and we play well as a team. I hope these guys coming in from JV are hungry enough to eat a big meal. IF they are it might be another good year. Of course good in Celina would be fantastic most places. Maybe Coach Ford is right in saying that Celina fans are spoiled. I think so. We will have a good year. But will it be another great one?

Here is what I see a great year in Celina 16-0 a good year 15-1 beat in State Championship. So we have to define good and great.

BILLYFRED0000
06-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Here is what I see a great year in Celina 16-0 a good year 15-1 beat in State Championship. So we have to define good and great.
Well I would define losing the state champ game as great for any program in the state. So it would have to be for us as well. We just expect more. In fact just making to the semis as snyder did last year would be and should be a great year. And for some schools just getting out of district would be the same. But for the better teams I would say a quarterfinals appearance has to be very good and a semi has to be great.

cr180t
06-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I agree totally it goes back to Expectations.

BILLYFRED0000
06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
I agree totally it goes back to Expectations.

Well I think it comes down to how good the team is too. I watched Snyder play and they kept improving and they were fun to watch. Will Clay was terrific. If their D would have matched their O it would have been an even match. That was really the only difference between us.

WOS87
06-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Matchups between opponents that are ranked in the preseason top 25

Week 0
Liberty Hill vs Giddings
Cuero vs (4A)Beeville
Diboll vs (2A)Kirbyville

Week 1
Abilene Wylie vs Liberty Hill
Brownwood vs Waco La Vega
Cuero vs Rio Hondo
CC West Oso vs (4A)Beeville

Week 2
Abilene Wylie vs (4A)Wolfforth Frenship
Brownwood vs (4A)Stephenville
Celina vs (2A)Daingerfield
Sealy vs (2A)Rice Consolidated
Cuero vs Devine
WOS vs (2A)Kirbyville
Liberty-Eylau vs Gilmer
Diboll vs (2A)Newton

Week 3
Abilene Wylie vs Waco La Vega
Brownwood vs Liberty Hill
CC West Oso vs Devine
Snyder vs Lubbock Estacado

Week 4
Waco La Vega vs Crockett
Gilmer vs (2A)Daingerfield

Week 6
Brownwood vs Abilene Wylie
Sealy vs Giddings
Liberty-Eylau vs Pleasant Grove

Week 7
Snyder vs Abilene Wylie

Week 9
Glen Rose vs China Spring
Carthage vs Diboll

Week 10
Brownwood vs Snyder

cshscougar08
06-13-2008, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WOS87

[b]Week 9

Some matchup that's going to be!!!!!! :D

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WOS87

[b]Week 9

Some matchup that's going to be!!!!!! :D 49-7 CS im calling it now

rancher
06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Navasota is at least a top 5 team. Giddings should be in the 10 slot.

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Navasota is at least a top 5 team. Giddings should be in the 10 slot. Giddings should know way be in the top 10. They lost their two best players in Brock Fitzhenry and Alan Dock both leaders are each side of the ball.

LH Panther Mom
06-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Liberty Hill lost alot of players that might be hard to replace,
Roughly the same number we lost after the 2005 season. ;)

waterboy
06-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Roughly the same number we lost after the 2005 season. ;)
Yeah, but the players y'all lost this year won two titles in a row. That leadership will be alot harder to replace, IMO. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it will be much harder. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of newcomers to the finals this year, maybe even all four.:cool:

LH Panther Mom
06-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, but the players y'all lost this year won two titles in a row. That leadership will be alot harder to replace, IMO. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it will be much harder.
I'm not saying we'll 3-peat, but I'll take our six returning 2- and 3-year starters, with those same two titles, over any # 1 ranking. ;) :cool:

garciap77
06-16-2008, 01:05 PM

:tisk: :taunt:

waterboy
06-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm not saying we'll 3-peat, but I'll take our six returning 2- and 3-year starters, with those same two titles, over any # 1 ranking. ;) :cool:
Ditto. Rankings don't matter anyway. It's where you end the season, not where you start.