PDA

View Full Version : metal gear solid

sahen
06-13-2008, 12:40 AM
metal gear solid 4 is out and for all you metal gear solid fans it is awesome so far...just thought i would pass that info along

BreckTxLonghorn
06-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Nothing beats the original on PlayStation. I can still play that all day.

Emerson1
06-13-2008, 12:53 AM
I am finally playing Bioshock, I got it on PC yesterday for $15

charlesrixey
06-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I am finally playing Bioshock, I got it on PC yesterday for $15

good call, though not as fun on pc

sahen
06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Nothing beats the original on PlayStation. I can still play that all day.

i have all of them...the original was awesome but i liked the 3rd one too...if you are really into the story then i think the 3rd was just as good

so far the 4th is just as good as those 2...a lotta loose ends getting wrapped up in the plot and of course for all metal gear games, awesome gameplay...this one is the last metal gear solid as snake's story will finally end...but i do think they will make more metal gears but w/ different characters

Emerson1
06-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
good call, though not as fun on pc
When you are playing on a 22" monitor with good headphones it is :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-13-2008, 01:11 PM
I really want this game, but I'm going to wait and let my roommate buy it since I sprung for GTA IV. The Metal Gear series has been great for me and I have loved every game, but the first installment on PSone was by far the best in the series yet.

sahen
06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I really want this game, but I'm going to wait and let my roommate buy it since I sprung for GTA IV. The Metal Gear series has been great for me and I have loved every game, but the first installment on PSone was by far the best in the series yet.

it is always hard to beat the original...i wont know if this one is that good til i finish the game but so far it is definitely as good as the 3rd (but im still in the first level)...the 2nd one was just weird, still a fun game to play but no "wow" factor like 1 and 3...

oh yah, this isnt a spoiler but if you remember in the first one psycho mantis (my favorite boss of all time in metal gear)...when you start playing the 4th one notice all the "preying mantis" privatized war company signs....coincidence? i think not....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sahen
it is always hard to beat the original...i wont know if this one is that good til i finish the game but so far it is definitely as good as the 3rd (but im still in the first level)...the 2nd one was just weird, still a fun game to play but no "wow" factor like 1 and 3...

oh yah, this isnt a spoiler but if you remember in the first one psycho mantis (my favorite boss of all time in metal gear)...when you start playing the 4th one notice all the "preying mantis" privatized war company signs....coincidence? i think not....

Haha, yeah, I remember him. He was awesome, but my favorite was the duel with Sniper Wolf (both of times). That was really intense. Also, Ninja was a beast. I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Ninja will come in during the middle of a fight when you open up one of those little cubes you can use and he goes and slices people up with his sword. Needless to say when I'm playing Brawl, I use Snake exclusively as my character.

sahen
06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
yah i forgot about sniper wolf...also the sniper battle w/ The End in the 3rd one was cool too...speaking of wolves in the game guide one of the bosses this time has a wolf in their name as well as a mantis....i dunno if the wolf is similar to sniper wolf or not since she was obviously killed in the first one....

BreckTxLonghorn
06-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Man, I'm gonna have to pull out the original psOne version this week. Good memories!

sahen
06-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Man, I'm gonna have to pull out the original psOne version this week. Good memories!

i did that a couple weeks ago...i was gonnna beat them all again to get ready and refresh my memory of the story...but i forgot how logn the first one was so i never got through w/ it and quit after i got stuck fighting the ninja over and over again...maybe i should take it off hard haha...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i did that a couple weeks ago...i was gonnna beat them all again to get ready and refresh my memory of the story...but i forgot how logn the first one was so i never got through w/ it and quit after i got stuck fighting the ninja over and over again...maybe i should take it off hard haha...

When I played it for the first time I kept wanting to use my gun on him. I remember him being really hard to beat when I was a kid playing it but when I played it a couple of months ago I dispatched of the ninja with extreme prejudice.

sahen
06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
When I played it for the first time I kept wanting to use my gun on him. I remember him being really hard to beat when I was a kid playing it but when I played it a couple of months ago I dispatched of the ninja with extreme prejudice.

i have always been better at the shooting stuff on the game...when they want you to do to do hand to hand or as they call it "close quarters combat" i suck...give me the sniper rifle and a pistol and i can get through the game just fine...anyway, the ninja and the end of MGS2 where you have to fight big boss w/ a sword was pretty tuff for me...