PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Iowa

mustang04
06-12-2008, 08:16 PM
so im working on wind turbines up here for the summer and alot of the guys up here are givin me heck since im from texas....i pretty much diss them saying how texas is 100 times better since we have every kind of climate and environment anyone could ask for...it sucks here cuz all there is is corn, corn, and more corn....and today i got in an argument because i said something about a Bowie knife and one of the guys here was like "you mean Bowie (Boe-ee)" and i said no, its pronounced bowie like boo-ee...anyways then another was talkin about the alamo being in austin and that crocket was the head honcho at the alamo...so i had to set them straight and tell them about William B. Travis haha...it was quite entertaining...then they started dissing Texas again so i went on to say they couldnt comprehend what would happen to the US if Texas became its own country...we produce the most oil...have like 85% of the B1 bombers, have fort hood, have the largest ocean port, and etc etc.....AND the most beautiful women....then i threw in that we def had the best football...PERIOD then they shut up

point is...the more i talked about Texas...the more i realize i missed it and am proud to say that i am a citizen of it....so everyone, be thankful that you can live in such an amazing state!

BobcatBenny
06-12-2008, 08:29 PM
When did Kentucky give up Fort Knox? :thinking:

mustang04
06-12-2008, 08:35 PM
whoops...fort hood

my bad