PDA

View Full Version : Update on Griffin....young man who grad HS in December to go to Baylor

kaorder1999
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Robert Griffin won the men's 400-meter hurdles title at the 2008 NCAA Midwest Regional last weekend in Lincoln, Neb. Griffin, a freshman who enrolled at Baylor in January to participate in spring football drills, set a new Midwest Regional record of 49.53 in just his fourth meet of the season. Griffin ranks third in the nation in the event heading into next week's NCAA Outdoor Championships.

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 02:07 AM
He should quit football and focus on track....it's where his future is from what I've heard

Johnny Utah
06-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Watched him at the state track meet in the 300m hurdles, unbelieveable!!!

nobogey72
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He should quit football and focus on track....it's where his future is from what I've heard

Ignorant post!!!!:rolleyes:

ronwx5x
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Ignorant post!!!!:rolleyes:

:1popcorn: :stirpot: :1popcorn: :stirpot:

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Ignorant post!!!!:rolleyes: How? He's got world class speed....he'd make more money there than in football.

Johnny Utah
06-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Would he? I think the lure of the big bucks in the NFL is more lucrative, but Micheal Johnson never played football and had a great gig in track sponsored by Nike. You have to be WAY up the food chain in track to make MILLIONS!!!

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Would he? I think the lure of the big bucks in the NFL is more lucrative, but Micheal Johnson never played football and had a great gig in track sponsored by Nike. You have to be WAY up the food chain in track to make MILLIONS!!! Whose to say he will even make it to the league? Also it's not just shoe company's that will pay you in track. He has better odds of being a star in track than in football.

Johnny Utah
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Could be, could be. Willie Amos???? Could fly! What is he doing now??? Hope he does make it, has a God given talent for sure. He did not choose Baylor for the football program.

sahen
06-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Actually he chose Baylor cause he wanted to play football for Briles...he was commited to Houston (cause Morriss wanted him to walk on at Baylor) and when Briles came to Baylor he came with him....The kid is a freak athlete and is a self proclaimed football player that can run track, now he may turn out to be a track star (it appears he is headed that way) but he wants to play football more so we will see what happens...He runs tonight in the NCAA 400m Hurdle final at 9 (on CSTV for those that care)...anyway, he hasnt played a down of college football yet so maybe we should hold off on the "track is his best bet" comments until we see the kid play, who knows he may be more talented there than he is running circles....

jason
06-13-2008, 02:07 PM
he is too small for pro football....

sahen
06-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by jason

he is 18, he can still grow and beef up...if he were to play pro football though i'd imagine he'd have to change to safety, who knows...we will see

Johnny Utah
06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Robert Newhouse was too small???

Emerson1
06-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by jason
He is to small for college football.

nobogey72
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
How? He's got world class speed....he'd make more money there than in football.

You got a crystal ball or what? :thinking:

nobogey72
06-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Actually he chose Baylor cause he wanted to play football for Briles...he was commited to Houston (cause Morriss wanted him to walk on at Baylor) and when Briles came to Baylor he came with him....The kid is a freak athlete and is a self proclaimed football player that can run track, now he may turn out to be a track star (it appears he is headed that way) but he wants to play football more so we will see what happens...He runs tonight in the NCAA 400m Hurdle final at 9 (on CSTV for those that care)...anyway, he hasnt played a down of college football yet so maybe we should hold off on the "track is his best bet" comments until we see the kid play, who knows he may be more talented there than he is running circles....

Thank you.:clap: All I could think of was "Ignorant Post".And yes I will be watching him run tonight.

Emerson1
06-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Robert Newhouse was too small???
He wasn't small. He was short

Big difference.

Old Tiger
06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
You got a crystal ball or what? :thinking: you didn't know? :p

sahen
06-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Griffen just finished 3rd in the finals...the original 3rd place runner got DQed for hooking a hurdle (not fully clearing it w/ his back leg)...pretty good for a guy that is supposed to be running against high school guys...the guy that won is actually a freshman as well, but a convientional freshman not one that graduated at semester...

trojan37
06-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He is to small for college football.

How is he too small for college football? I remember back in the 80's 2 little guys that played for Texas Tech, one was Wayne Walker, I think he was the one from Waco, and I can't remember the other guys name. They referred to them as the smurfs, but one was like 5'3" or 5'4"and like 140 lbs. soaking wet, and he was one hell of a kick returner, and when he broke loose no one could catch him. Look at Bill Bates, hard nosed player in the NFL. Sometimes heart will win over size.

Emerson1
06-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
How is he too small for college football? I remember back in the 80's 2 little guys that played for Texas Tech, one was Wayne Walker, I think he was the one from Waco, and I can't remember the other guys name. They referred to them as the smurfs, but one was like 5'3" or 5'4"and like 140 lbs. soaking wet, and he was one hell of a kick returner, and when he broke loose no one could catch him. Look at Bill Bates, hard nosed player in the NFL. Sometimes heart will win over size.
You obviously have never seen a picture of Robert Griffin or seen him play.

trojan37
06-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Yes I have seen Robert Griffin. Did you not read my post about the guys from Tech? How did they play D-1 football? There are tons of small players in college football every year who a lot of times outplay the bigger athletes. Size, to me, has nothing to do with it. If the kid has a desire to play football, than he can go out there and outplay anybody he wants to.