06-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by maestro
according to the wharton paper...

1. columbia
2. needville
3. sweeny
4. royal
5. wharton
6. stafford they may be right, but I'm just curious as to what they're basing that on. Columbia was not very impressive last year when I watched them against Needville. Think that game was something like 40-7 after the Blue Jay coaches called off the dogs.

mac77
06-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Its probably based on returning starters/lettermen. Columbia has 8/8 returning starters from a young team that was only really out of that Needville game. Took Columbus to OT, played with Sealy(TO's killed them). Columbia went 4-1 against this years district.

maestro
06-12-2008, 09:49 AM
columbia....sweeny....needville...

all have had superb sub varsity teams...

royal is a " sleeping " giant.....

if they could get their kids to stay eligible..

i'd flip flop needville and columbia....

IHStangFan
06-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by maestro
columbia....sweeny....needville...

all have had superb sub varsity teams...

royal is a " sleeping " giant.....

if they could get their kids to stay eligible..

i'd flip flop needville and columbia.... didn't realize columbia was that young. not sure who needville lost other than Wilkerson. Hadjik will fill his shoes well if he continues to progress. I agree w/ the royal assessment.

duke55
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Took Columbus to OT

Without they're star player!!!!!

mac77
08-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by duke55
Took Columbus to OT

Without they're star player!!!!!

It seems Columbus was taken to OT several times even with their "star player." They lost to Royal with their "star player." It really doesn't matter what happened last year because Columbia won't see Columbus unless they make the playoffs and go D1.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when the games are played!

carter08
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Has Stafford ever been ranked higher than last in a preseason poll?

Necks_Fan
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Has Stafford ever been ranked higher than last in a preseason poll? No, and I think it goes something like this.

Columbia
Needville
Royal
Sweeny
Wharton
Stafford

JMO....

IHSF, we have been through this 100 times about Columbia/Needville. It's going to be these 2 at the top for sure.

Atleast it should.

duke55
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by mac77
It seems Columbus was taken to OT several times even with their "star player." They lost to Royal with their "star player." It really doesn't matter what happened last year because Columbia won't see Columbus unless they make the playoffs and go D1.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when the games are played!

ok

1. we won all our games in OT so it doesnt matter.
2. we lost to royal without him..

carter08
08-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Columbia and Needville are locks to make the playoffs.

Sweeny/ Royal game decides third spot. I give it to Royal, because i don't like Sweeny.

kingoftheranch
08-09-2008, 10:48 PM
i wouldnt say needville is a lock to make the playoffs anymore. they lost alot of seniors off of last years team. and my nephew plays on the team and he said that there leading returning tackler from last year quit and also there only returning offensive lineman who had started the past 2 years. there is alot of holes to fill from what i hear

jayfan1
08-10-2008, 08:59 AM
You are right the Jays lost a load of talent and leadership from last years squad--RB, LB,C,TE,QB/S and almost the whole O line.
And yes they did lose 2 returning starters. One choosing not to play football his SR year and the other moving to a 4A school
10 miles up the road.
It should be a very interesting year for this team with a lot of new
coaches on the coaching staff as well.
Wishing them the best.

scrub c
08-10-2008, 09:53 AM
they should be alright, I remember watching this years seniors (WC and Need) playing each other as 8th thru JV and it was always a battle. WC has lost many players (who are starters elsewhere) off that squad primarily to move offs over the last 3 years.

But, you have to play with who shows up...

Necks_Fan
08-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, IHStangFan, I guess we will see how that A$$ beating goes this year down in Nerdville......:thinking:

IHStangFan
08-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well, IHStangFan, I guess we will see how that A$$ beating goes this year down in Nerdville......:thinking: yup...guess we'll have to see. That's what makes it worth watching.

Necks_Fan
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup...guess we'll have to see. That's what makes it worth watching. Lol. Always a class act.....:clap:

I was doing my best to get under your skin, but nope....... Anyway.... we shall see.

IHStangFan
08-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Lol. Always a class act.....:clap:

I was doing my best to get under your skin, but nope....... Anyway.... we shall see. LOL...shame on you! Nah, I think as a whole (and I hate admitting this) our district may be down just a hair from the previous couple of years. Hopefully I am proved wrong and we smack those guys just north of 10 around a bit. I'm hopeful.

Necks_Fan
08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
LOL...shame on you! Nah, I think as a whole (and I hate admitting this) our district may be down just a hair from the previous couple of years. Hopefully I am proved wrong and we smack those guys just north of 10 around a bit. I'm hopeful. I agree totally..... We will def have our hands full with D 25 come playoff time.

IHStangFan
08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree totally..... We will def have our hands full with D 25 come playoff time. Yup, I think they will be one of the more dominant districts this year....unfortunate for us it would seem as of now. We'll have to see how it all plays out though.

IHStangFan
08-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey Necks,

Why in the hell did you Roughneck goons shut the "Fok Wok" down?? What kinda crap is that...I LOVED that place!!

Question...is the new little place just past Wal Mart any good? Looks like it used to be an old gas station.

kingoftheranch
08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by jayfan1
You are right the Jays lost a load of talent and leadership from last years squad--RB, LB,C,TE,QB/S and almost the whole O line.
And yes they did lose 2 returning starters. One choosing not to play football his SR year and the other moving to a 4A school
10 miles up the road.
It should be a very interesting year for this team with a lot of new
coaches on the coaching staff as well.
Wishing them the best.

who was the guy that moved? from what ive been told he was good???

Necks_Fan
08-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey Necks,

Why in the hell did you Roughneck goons shut the "Fok Wok" down?? What kinda crap is that...I LOVED that place!!

Question...is the new little place just past Wal Mart any good? Looks like it used to be an old gas station. IDK, I only went there a couple of times, and the Hong Kong place used to be across the street from Mickey D's but they moved it down thyere. I don't know if its any good. I haven't been there.

mac77
08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Necks,

Question...is the new little place just past Wal Mart any good? Looks like it used to be an old gas station.

Never fear Stang Man, its the same place with the same crappy food! They just moved after their other building was razed to make way for the new CVS.

IHStangFan
08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
ah...at least we still have Baytown Seafood or whatever it's called. We just got a new mexican food place in between Guy and Needville...always has alot of cars sitting in the parking lot, and supposedly live bands on the weekends. Looking forward to trying it.