PDA

View Full Version : Elgin has had a tough schedule!

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Everyone focuses on Marlin's difficult schedule but Elgin has not had it easy either. They have played and lost to: Gonzales,Bellville and Navasota. (They also lost a close one to Rockdale which which lost big to Marlin!). They have beaten two less competetive teams: Austin Travis and Hutto. Tonight they play La Grange in the second district game which should be a factor in determining the eventual champion between the four likely contenders (LG, Manor, Giddings and Elgin). After watching the tape with my son I would say that Elgin is underrated. They have an excellent Qb with a strong arm who can scramble well out of the pocket, a strong O line a speedy back and a tough DT. La Grange coaches have been busy working on various defensive schemes and getting the offense tuned up for this big home game tonight. Keys to victory will be to contain the running game especially to the outside and pass coverage especially the long crossing pattern which they throw out of the shotgun spread formation. Of course holding on to the football will be necessary as LG has had some trouble there in recent games. I believe the players are well prepared and really up for this game. Good luck Leps:

LG 35
Elgin 14
:)

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-17-2003, 11:40 AM
ELGIN ALL THE WAY.
In reality I say
Elgin 17
La Grange 28
Manor vs Giddings, Giddings by a field goal.
GO BUFFS GO.

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Well, Luis, thanks for the vote of confidence even if your heart is for Elgin. The game will be an intense contest with playoff atmosphere. I expect both teams to play well and come out strong. Good luck to the Buffs although i got to say Manor should win that one at home. :cool:

Chris Hart
10-17-2003, 04:02 PM
If Elgin doesn't win this game by at least 35+, then they sure don't want any of Marlin. Rockdale spanked Elgin and we all know what Marlin did to Rockdale. If LaGrange is to have any shot at "taking Marlin to the woodshed" like you said Pud, then they better be able to beat Elgin by at least 50.

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Chris Hart:
If Elgin doesn't win this game by at least 35+, then they sure don't want any of Marlin. Rockdale spanked Elgin and we all know what Marlin did to Rockdale. If LaGrange is to have any shot at "taking Marlin to the woodshed" like you said Pud, then they better be able to beat Elgin by at least 50.Teams play up and they play down. If you know as much about football as I think you do you wouldn't put so much stock in relative scores. :cool:

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Well what a game, 7-7 at the half, wow what a though match up.
Well, LG vs Giddings
La Grange 17
Giddings 21
GO BUFFS GO