PDA

View Full Version : UIL strips SOC of 2006 title

lostaussie
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
AUSTIN (AP) - Dallas South Oak Cliff's boys basketball dynasty has been officially tainted.

The University Interscholastic League on Wednesday formally stripped South Oak Cliff of its 2006 Class 4A state championship because of an ineligible player. The UIL's action was expected after an investigation by Dallas Independent School District officials confirmed the violation.

UIL officials announced that Fort Worth Dunbar, the team that lost in the final 76-58, will now be crowned the 2006 champion. Officially, tournament records will list the game as a 2-0 victory by Dunbar.

South Oak Cliff established 1 of the state tournament's great dynasties, winning four consecutive titles from 2005-2008.

maestro
06-11-2008, 02:44 PM
not much consolation for the kids whose teams were eliminated by soc.

also.....

not much consolation for the innocent kids at soc....

or was this everyone at soc's dirty little secret???

Phil C
06-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Some discrimination may be involved as this is a mostly black school that has been picked on a lot lately.

Emerson1
06-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Some discrimination may be involved as this is a mostly black school that has been picked on a lot lately.
I know. The black man being oppressed because they can't pass math in HS.

:rolleyes:

bwdlionfan
06-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

That's funny right there haha

Please Dr. Phil.... as if Dunbar isn't a black school

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-13-2008, 10:53 PM

I laughed about this and then felt bad and realized that if anyone besides emerson would have said this it wouldn't have been as funny.

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Phil C does know about discrimination since he is a middle age white accountant. ;)

sinton66
06-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Phil C does know about discrimination since he is a middle age white accountant. ;)

He may know more about it than you think. You really don't know anything about his family, do you?

piratebg
06-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
He may know more about it than you think. You really don't know anything about his family, do you?

Ain't that the truth. :D Some people should just keep their mouth shut.

Emerson1
06-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Ain't that the truth. :D Some people should just keep their mouth shut.
Some people should not always have their panties up in a bunch

piratebg
06-14-2008, 10:40 AM

Actually, I laughed out load when I read it. :D

sinton66
06-14-2008, 12:01 PM

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8214/mmousefd9.jpg
Here he comes to save the day! That means that Mighty MOUTH is on his way!

Emerson1
06-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Ok fun ruiner, go crawl back in your hole now

pirate4state
06-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok fun ruiner, go crawl back in your hole now Mighty Mouth ---- haha --- you better be careful or you'll be the one in the hole!

Buckeye80
06-14-2008, 01:01 PM
I laughed about this and then felt bad and realized that if anyone besides emerson would have said this it wouldn't have been as funny.

Why would you feel bad about laughing at that? It's funny. I don't care if you're black or white. The UIL stripping a state title from a school simply because it is a predominantly black school is a ridiculous notion.
As white people, I think we all need to stop looking over our shoulder to see who's around before we laugh at something that is obviously meant to be in good humor even if it contains the words, "black guy" or "black people". Funny is funny. Laugh people!

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

And how do you know I don't know about discrimination either? I could be black, brown, yellow, or blue for all any of you know.

sinton66
06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
And how do you know I don't know about discrimination either? I could be black, brown, yellow, or blue for all any of you know.

I didn't say you didn't. I said he may know more than you think he knows.