PDA

View Full Version : How bout this Ranger Mom?

44INAROW
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
BRENTWOOD, N.Y. — A woman who awoke to her baby's cries was shocked to peer into the crib and find a foot-long snake wrapped around her 7-month-old daughter's leg.

Cari Abatemarco said she was visiting family in the Long Island town of Brentwood last week when she made the startling discovery.

"Once I lifted her up and the snake fell off of her, she stopped crying. But then I was the one crying all night," Abatemarco told Newsday. She was in town from Troy, in upstate New York.

A relative removed the hissing snake from the crib with a back scratcher, and placed it in a bucket until animal control officers arrived. The child was unharmed.

The reptile, identified as a non-venomous California king snake, didn't belong to Abatemarco's family members. Officials say they don't know where the snake came from.

The animal is being cared for at a Long Island animal shelter
Link (http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Jun11/0,4670,ODDSnakeInCrib,00.html)

Ranger Mom
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
BRENTWOOD, N.Y. — A woman who awoke to her baby's cries was shocked to peer into the crib and find a foot-long snake wrapped around her 7-month-old daughter's leg.

Cari Abatemarco said she was visiting family in the Long Island town of Brentwood last week when she made the startling discovery.

"Once I lifted her up and the snake fell off of her, she stopped crying. But then I was the one crying all night," Abatemarco told Newsday. She was in town from Troy, in upstate New York.

A relative removed the hissing snake from the crib with a back scratcher, and placed it in a bucket until animal control officers arrived. The child was unharmed.

The reptile, identified as a non-venomous California king snake, didn't belong to Abatemarco's family members. Officials say they don't know where the snake came from.

The animal is being cared for at a Long Island animal shelter
Link (http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Jun11/0,4670,ODDSnakeInCrib,00.html)

I saw that on Good Morning America, this morning.

When Diane asked the mother,
how is the baby doing?" The mother replied, "as well as can be expected under the circumstances."

By hearing that, I thought the baby had been bitten....bus as they went on with the story, I found out it was a constrictor snake and I little one at that.

Then I was disgusted with the mother for saying that!!

They said they think it came in with a mattress that was recently purchased!!

crzyjournalist03
06-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I saw that on Good Morning America, this morning.

When Diane asked the mother,
how is the baby doing?" The mother replied, "as well as can be expected under the circumstances."

By hearing that, I thought the baby had been bitten....bus as they went on with the story, I found out it was a constrictor snake and I little one at that.

Then I was disgusted with the mother for saying that!!

They said they think it came in with a mattress that was recently purchased!!

a constrictor snake, even if small, could do serious damage to a seven-month baby...they're small too, and I'd imagine that the baby at least lost some circulation in her leg for a while.

BobcatBenny
06-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
...By hearing that, I thought the baby had been bitten....
Is this a little more in line with the image that formed in your brain?
http://www.ohmyweird.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/baby%20vs%20cobra.jpg

Ranger Mom
06-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
a constrictor snake, even if small, could do serious damage to a seven-month baby...they're small too, and I'd imagine that the baby at least lost some circulation in her leg for a while.

Not according to her doctor! The snake wasn't even coiled around tightly enough to be in "constricting mode"...hence the falling off when she picked the baby up!

Also, they showed the baby in the clip after it happened, she was sitting there playing away, not a care in the world.

Neurotic parents drive me NUTS!!!