PDA

View Full Version : Burnet

Clyde12
09-14-2002, 10:00 AM
That is what I thought last week in the Gatesville game. Gatesville pounded the ball between the tackles and moved it at will at time. It sounds like Shoemaker did the same. Only problem is that Burnet does the same thing on offense. Looking at the schedule, I think Burnet will roll the rest of the way. Bandera and Wimberley are good teams, but they are not in the same league. Marlin will be a good test, they should have more speed than Gatesville. If they can use that to control Burnet's passing attack, it will be an interesting indication of how Burnet will fare the rest of the way. I'm not saying Marlin is better (Gatesville handled them in a scrimmage), but they will match up better because of speed. I haven't looked at Region 4 scores, but if Texas Football hold true and D1 playoff teams are: Somerset, Gonzales, Wharton, Carrizo Springs, Sinton, Zapata, and LaFeria, it will be a joke. Gatesville would walk away with that, with the possible exception of Sinton. After seeing Gatesville manhandle Cameron, I am convinced more than ever that Burnet is the team to beat. 10-0 is very realistic, and I will guarantee a Burnet team in the State Semis. I guess what I'm saying is that Jasper and Everman may be the only teams with the ingredients to stop them.

29x281
09-14-2002, 10:54 AM
Sinton is the team to beat in Reg 4. They won it last year, and so far this year they've given us no reason to expect a dropoff. Until someone beats them, they're the champs.

Burnet and Sinton would be a great game. I'd love for the Bulldogs to get the chance to prove themselves against such a great program.

I'm interested, though, to know how Sinton people would compare this year's team to last year's.

sinton66
09-14-2002, 10:57 AM
I'll let you know about week 11, I promise.

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 11:05 AM
To be the Reg.4 champ you have to beat the champ.And right now Sinton is the champ, and Burnet is just a challenger like all the rest.Watch ole 66, He is a sandbagger.(lol)

sinton66
09-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Chris ain't NOBODY's fool! Congrats to the Dogs.