PDA

View Full Version : NEWTON READY TO TAKE OVER 21-3A ONE LAST TIME.

NEW26
10-07-2001, 12:53 AM
EVEN WITH THE LOSS AT JASPER, NEWTON IS
READY TO RECLAIM THEIR 21-3A HONORS ONCE AGAIN. THEY PLAYED A HELL OF A GAME AND I
DON'T THINK ANYONE IN 3A CAN TOUCH THEM. I
LIVED THERE ALL MY LIFE AND I'M SORRY WE HAVE TO GO DOWN A CLASS, BUT THAT IS JUST ANOTHER CLASS THAT WE WILL RULE FOR A LONG TIME. GO FOR THE GOLD EAGLES. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.

BCC
10-07-2001, 10:40 AM
There is no question that Newton is the best team in the district right now. I do however feel that Bridge City will be ready to play when they meet in district. Newton has played a tougher pre-district than Bridge City.Bridge City has shown improvement each week. We did play a beat up (injured) Vidor team close. On the other hand we had our star player injured and did not play the second half.I cannot imagine over 4 or 5 2-A teams that could even stay on the field with Newton now. If Newton can keep fielding the same caliber of teams in 2-A, the record books will have to be rewritten for consectutive state championships.

Old Cardinal
10-07-2001, 06:03 PM
I think that to make a big prediction on Newton beating Bridge City big time is not accurate....remember you were claiming a 40 point victory last year, yet BC walked all over you! In reality, I look for the best two teams in the State to meet on Nov. 2. Both have good solid records against good competition. I look for a great game between two future Div I & Div II winners.