PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Police to test officers for Anabolic Steroids...

kaorder1999
06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Dallas police to test for illegal steroids

03:50 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dallas Morning News

The Dallas Police Department plans to start testing officers for illegal anabolic steroids use on July 1.

Police officials said they had been researching incorporating testing for steroids as part of their random drug testing program for at least a year, said Acting Assistant Chief Floyd Simpson.

“It maintains the integrity of what we do and promotes community confidence,” Chief Simpson said. “Nobody knows when they are going to be called for a test.”

Chief Simpson said that other major cities, including Phoenix, Baltimore, Houston and Austin, have started testing for steroids use.

The department has been doing random drug testing for about 15 years. The last person to get fired after testing positive for marijuana was about five years ago, Chief Simpson said.

News of Dallas’ decision comes on the heels of the death of convicted steroids dealer David Jacobs, who authorities say fatally shot himself last week.

Mr. Jacobs had said that he sold steroids to bodybuilders, NFL players and police.

AP Panther Fan
06-10-2008, 04:58 PM
interesting...

this story seems to be taking on a life of its own.....I wonder what, if anything, will be found at the residence where the "murder/suicide" occured.

kaorder1999
06-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
interesting...

this story seems to be taking on a life of its own.....I wonder what, if anything, will be found at the residence where the "murder/suicide" occured.

yeah...they reported what they found....something like 125 viles of steroids and a few syringes...

AP Panther Fan
06-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yeah...they reported what they found....something like 125 viles of steroids and a few syringes...

lol....I guess it's probably not like he kept a rolodex or had all of his contacts in Microsoft Outlook.

kaorder1999
06-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Good thing Ronnie Coleman is no longer a police officer!!

http://bp3.blogger.com/_YHPQ0vRd-5o/R2qX-ihd2vI/AAAAAAAAAyU/jWIaSIGKX7M/s200/ronniecoleman.jpg

LH Panther Mom
06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Good thing Ronnie Coleman is no longer a police officer!!

http://bp3.blogger.com/_YHPQ0vRd-5o/R2qX-ihd2vI/AAAAAAAAAyU/jWIaSIGKX7M/s200/ronniecoleman.jpg
He has small hands too! Is that a side effect of steroids? :eek:

crzyjournalist03
06-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He has small hands too! Is that a side effect of steroids? :eek:

I've always heard that it was something else that got smaller!

RMAC
06-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I think they should start testing for steroids in tee-ball.

DDBooger
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
im glad they're testing cops, I know for a FACT CCPD is as clean as MLB! lol

SWMustang
06-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm Ok if cops want to do steroids - they need to be stronger than the bad guys.