PDA

View Full Version : Jacket, something interesting...

SintonFan
07-10-2002, 03:35 PM
While visiting the RGVsports forum, I realized your being quoted from this site to there. I don't think you would really care but I thought you should know. Follow this link http://www.rgvsports.com/forums.shtml
your on the bottom of the "Your District's
Pre-Season Predictions" thread.

footballgal
07-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan:
While visiting the RGVsports forum, I realized your being quoted from this site to there. I don't think you would really care but I thought you should know. Follow this link http://www.rgvsports.com/forums.shtml
your on the bottom of the "Your District's
Pre-Season Predictions" thread.

Yes he's right jacket, so choose your words carefully. Don't care to loose the fans of your website before you get them. Sintonfan do you know what a "chacatero" means?

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited July 10, 2002).]

Jacket2000
07-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by footballgal:
Yes he's right jacket, so choose your words carefully. Don't care to loose the fans of your website before you get them. Sintonfan do you know what a "chacatero" means?

Choose my words carefully? If someone choses not to come to our site because I state the obvious, then they are welcome not to visit.
J2K

SintonFan
07-10-2002, 04:21 PM
Look, you were trying to set up Jacket. We both know it. After being a member of this site for at least two years, I'll be the first one to tell you Jacket don't care about choosing his words. LOL... "Choose your words carefully", what a riot!

footballgal
07-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Look, you were trying to set up Jacket. We both know it. After being a member of this site for at least two years, I'll be the first one to tell you Jacket don't care about choosing his words. LOL... "Choose your words carefully", what a riot!

You don't know me; so don’t say what you think are my motives. Which by the way was to simply get local football fans start talking on the local boards, (there are 3 you know) That is because I am not familiar with the teams that are posted on this board and can’t relate. So don’t instigate something that’s not there!!
By the way just because YOU THINK I am new to this board doesn't mean that I am.

footballgal
07-10-2002, 05:01 PM

Look Jacket, when I said to choose your words carefully, I meant not to say any derogatory remarks like I have seen in a lot of different boards. At which time and only at that time, I would get very offended. I can’t believe I have to explain myself, because someone chooses to be an instigator!

SintonFan
07-10-2002, 05:08 PM
So your either cablegal or valleygirl (or something like that). I do understand your frustration about not getting respect for your area. All you need is an area team to break through again. I beleive yall might have one do that this year, it seems there are a few good teams that have a chance this year. You yourself mentioned something about wait and let them play.

Chris Hart
07-10-2002, 05:12 PM
I am not taking any sides here,you can read some other posts Jacket and I have had our differences(He was wrong about Burnet not being a top 10 team),other than that he has been fairly accurate other than catering to his home reg.2.However in this instance, He has hit the nail on the head RGV football is by far the weakest in the state.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Jacket2000
07-10-2002, 07:38 PM
SintonFan,I think you hit it right on the head; I was being set up. Thanks for the look out. And yes, you're absolutely right, I really dont care about choosing my words carefully! LOL
J2K

Matthew328
07-10-2002, 08:32 PM
I have been trying not to laugh reading this thread...this site is here for us to give our opinion..we have an axe to grind with no one...if we say a team won't be good it is beacause we don't think they are good..it is just the way it is...if you don't agree then that is cool...but you gotta have something to back it up with

footballgal
07-11-2002, 12:01 AM
So your either cablegal or valleygirl (or something like that). I do understand your frustration about not getting respect for your area. All you need is an area team to break through again. I beleive yall might have one do that this year, it seems there are a few good teams that have a chance this year. You yourself mentioned something about wait and let them play.

I am really not concerned about "my area", only Port Isabel, as I am mentioned before I am not a RGV native.

(I personally know what it is to be in a state caliber team, and hold precious a State UIL medal to show for it).

...It's funny how they say this board was designed so that their opinions could be stated. Yet, I get attacked for stating mine. But, that's OK no hurt feelings. I know how passionate some fans can be. Good night all need to get up early for work tomorrow.

Jacket2000
07-11-2002, 12:07 AM
No one has attacked you for your opinions. If anything, you have attacked me for mine, which is what started this.
J2K

sinton66
07-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Come on folks! I didn't read anything in this thread that looked like anybody was ATTACKING anybody. Neither of you should take offense or read more into this here. You both have an opinion and you both have stated them. Some will agree with one side or the other. From Sinton's past experience with PI, I can tell you they are definitely the class of the RGV area. BUT, no South Texas team is gonna command Statewide respect (especially from R2) until one of us wins it all, and this includes SINTON.

footballgal
07-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by sinton66:
Come on folks! I didn't read anything in this thread that looked like anybody was ATTACKING anybody. Neither of you should take offense or read more into this here. You both have an opinion and you both have stated them. Some will agree with one side or the other. From Sinton's past experience with PI, I can tell you they are definitely the class of the RGV area. BUT, no South Texas team is gonna command Statewide respect (especially from R2) until one of us wins it all, and this includes SINTON.

AMEN TO THAT SINTON66!

SintonFan
07-12-2002, 01:58 PM
footballgal, I take responsibility for my actions and apologize. But I don't think I did anything terrible. I probably went about it the wrong way. I should have emailed him or something, not showing all to see. Look, I felt it was wrong to be quoting someone without their knowledge, when an active discussion is taking place. The ramifications from that appeared obvious. We might disagree on that, I can agree to disagree. But I was not trying to instigate something. I don't have a bone to pick with you. I do believe that this year is a good year for a valley team to break out and prove others wrong. It might be PI. Yall will have my support. Sinton last year made it a point to represent not just their area, but all of region 4 as well (whether it was wanted or not). They came up one win short. Myself and other people I've talked to had gotten tired of the same spiel about the inferior teams from SOTX. The players were sick of it, too. I hope you continue to give your opinions and reports from your area. Others might not agree with me, but I enjoy more people on discussion boards. This leads to a broader range of topics and more intense discussions.

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited July 12, 2002).]

footballgal
07-12-2002, 02:41 PM
footballgal, I take responsibility for my actions and apologize. But I don't think I did anything terrible. I probably went about it the wrong way. I should have emailed him or something, not showing all to see. Look, I felt it was wrong to be quoting someone without their knowledge, when an active discussion is taking place. The ramifications from that appeared obvious. We might disagree on that, I can agree to disagree. But I was not trying to instigate something. I don't have a bone to pick with you. I do believe that this year is a good year for a valley team to break out and prove others wrong. It might be PI. Yall will have my support. Sinton last year made it a point to represent not just their area, but all of region 4 as well (whether it was wanted or not). They came up one win short. Myself and other people I've talked to had gotten tired of the same spiel about the inferior teams from SOTX. The players were sick of it, too. I hope you continue to give your opinions and reports from your area. Others might not agree with me, but I enjoy more people on discussion boards. This leads to a broader range of topics and more intense discussions.

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited July 12, 2002).]

First of all SintonFan NO apology needed, but since you did I accept your apology. I DON'T disagree with you saying that it's wrong quoting someone without their knowledge because, my intentions for doing that was not out of malice. I was just trying to get the local boards talking, as I see NOW it looks like some fans are ready too to get started with the upcoming season.

I have to admit that initially after the whole thing, I thought to myself these guys don't what to hear my opinion or anything about this area, they should call it the “Region I & II 3adownlow”, and I don't need the aggravation, so decided not to respond to Jacket. When I asked him to elaborate, I meant ELBORATE; e.g. their better because; their defense runs a 4-3 against this type of offense, etc. Whatever, I wanted feedback not just bold statements! But, instead I got statements with no purpose or benefit to me; do you understand what I am saying? I also totally agree with you that the more areas participate the better it makes the board, but that's my opinion.

As far as Sinton, I followed their quest for the championship till the bitter end and was very disappointed, but I was proud of them at the same time for getting so close, for the same reason, all spiel about south Texas football and because Sinton was representing region IV. Don't worry; I will continue to give my 2 cents opinion to most of the boards, as HS football is a great hobby for me. In addition, I will be out of work for 6weeks staring next week due to surgery, I will have some time on my hands.

Jacket2000
07-12-2002, 03:16 PM
[Jacket. When I asked him to elaborate, I meant ELBORATE; e.g. their better because; their defense runs a 4-3 against this type of offense, etc. Whatever, I wanted feedback not just bold statements! But, instead I got statements with no purpose or benefit to me; do you understand what I am saying? I also totally agree with you that the more areas participate the better it makes the board, but that's my opinion.

[/B]
There's a reason you got the type of "elaboration" you got. It has absolutely nothing to do with Xs and Os. Do you not believe that some teams are just better than others? It makes no difference what kind of defense or offense you run if the other team is just better; and that is the case with the RGV. I dont know what the reason is. Maybe there's just less talent in the RGV. I really dont know. But, I do know that the RGV is pretty much the weakest area in the state as far as football goes. It has nothing to do with me being pro-region 2. I think that most will agree that three weakest districts in the state(in no particular order) are 31, 32, and 14(Whoa, a region 2 district!!).
J2K

sinton66
07-12-2002, 04:50 PM
There's only two ways to get respect, one, it's given to you freely, two, you do something that commands it. I have an older brother that used to say anybody north of the San Antonio river was a yankee. Funny thing about that is he now lives up outside Rockdale. I'm a firm believer that every dog has it's day. Someday South Texas will get respect BECAUSE they deserve it. I've been around Sinton since I was born there in 1947. It took Sinton a lot of time before they were able to compete with teams in R3. The first time I remember was in '62 & '63.
It was another 30+ years before we got out of the area again(early 90's under Davenport). This time around was a lot shorter span. Someday (maybe this year) we'll win it all. This is the kind of frustrations most South Texas fans have to put up with. I think most of the posters from R1,R3, & R4 believe you folks in R2 tend to "rub our noses in it" a bit. I don't necessarily believe you do it intentionally, but I suspect some of them might. Some animosity is to be expected if we don't "choose our words carefully". Above all else, this should be enjoyable, if it isn't, what's the point?(YES, I'm a "sixties" guy!!!)Blessed are the peacemakers..............................

Jacket2000
07-12-2002, 04:56 PM
There's only two ways to get respect, one, it's given to you freely, two, you do something that commands it. I have an older brother that used to say anybody north of the San Antonio river was a yankee. Funny thing about that is he now lives up outside Rockdale. I'm a firm believer that every dog has it's day. Someday South Texas will get respect BECAUSE they deserve it. I've been around Sinton since I was born there in 1947. It took Sinton a lot of time before they were able to compete with teams in R3. The first time I remember was in '62 & '63.
It was another 30+ years before we got out of the area again(early 90's under Davenport). This time around was a lot shorter span. Someday (maybe this year) we'll win it all. This is the kind of frustrations most South Texas fans have to put up with. I think most of the posters from R1,R3, & R4 believe you folks in R2 tend to "rub our noses in it" a bit. I don't necessarily believe you do it intentionally, but I suspect some of them might. Some animosity is to be expected if we don't "choose our words carefully". Above all else, this should be enjoyable, if it isn't, what's the point?(YES, I'm a "sixties" guy!!!)Blessed are the peacemakers..............................

I never said anything about region 4 as a whole. I was referring to the Rio Grande Valley area of region 4. Oh, and believe it or not, but only half of my HS playing days were in region 2. Two of the 4 seasons I played in HS(one of which I got a ring out of) was in region 1!
J2K

[This message has been edited by Jacket2000 (edited July 12, 2002).]

sinton66
07-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Ok Jacket, you didn't say anything about R4 as a whole, I agree. I was just trying to point out how folks feel down there, and to give some insight on things that might be "touchy" areas. Hey guy, the TRUTH sometimes hurts, and is therefore not ALWAYS the best approach. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but I suspect you need to learn when to "pull" your punches. A lot of the things Old Cardinal has said had a "rub our noses in it" tone to them, and you responded by saying you thought he was drunk and implied he was proving himself a fool! Even if that was a joke, I don't think it was appropriate. If you want your opinions to be respected, maybe you ought to try respecting some others yourself. And, believe it or not, I'm actually trying to HELP you here, not rag on you. This is/was intended as constructive criticism.

footballgal
07-12-2002, 06:59 PM
There's a reason you got the type of "elaboration" you got. It has absolutely nothing to do with Xs and Os. Do you not believe that some teams are just better than others? It makes no difference what kind of defense or offense you run if the other team is just better; and that is the case with the RGV. I dont know what the reason is. Maybe there's just less talent in the RGV. I really dont know. But, I do know that the RGV is pretty much the weakest area in the state as far as football goes. It has nothing to do with me being pro-region 2. I think that most will agree that three weakest districts in the state(in no particular order) are 31, 32, and 14(Whoa, a region 2 district!!).
J2K[/B][/QUOTE]

I am going to be childish and say, " I don't care what you say" because I have and will continue to have fun and release some stress (from all the cheering) as I look forward to every Friday night football game, and enjoy every minute of it. Also to hear the infamous HS football show “Mr Nifu Nifa” after every game, that’s been on the air for more than 25 years in the RGV. I will enjoy it whether I am watching the best team or a team at the bottom of the barrel. The truth is I enjoy the whole atmosphere of an RGV football game, I invite you to visit us & try it sometime, you can go to the beach at SPI afterwards. Believe it or not HS football is HUGE in the RGV with two local TV stations and various radio, talk show radios covering from east to west and every point in between of the valley. These kids work just as hard or harder then anyone else. The following is quote from a poster from an RGV board after someone, made some very UGLY remarks about players in the RGV......

"These people are dedicated to playing football and they realize that the true winner of a contest may not always be the team with the highest score on the scoreboard at the end of the game. These people have learned the meaning of sportsmanship. The lessons learned go beyond the score. They include preparation, execution, teamwork, being able to look an individual that has been pounding on you
all night across the line of scrimmage and proudly shaking his hand after the game, win or lose. These Coaches and players can accept the outcome of the game. Many only want a fair shake. Many will never make the NFL. Are you in the NFL? Very few are fortunate to make that trip. Hell most of us are lucky to even attend a NFL game with friends. Yet they are not to be demeaned. The players and Coaches represent what is right with our
communities.”

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited July 12, 2002).]

footballgal
07-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Ok Jacket, you didn't say anything about R4 as a whole, I agree. I was just trying to point out how folks feel down there, and to give some insight on things that might be "touchy" areas. Hey guy, the TRUTH sometimes hurts, and is therefore not ALWAYS the best approach. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but I suspect you need to learn when to "pull" your punches. A lot of the things Old Cardinal has said had a "rub our noses in it" tone to them, and you responded by saying you thought he was drunk and implied he was proving himself a fool! Even if that was a joke, I don't think it was appropriate. If you want your opinions to be respected, maybe you ought to try respecting some others yourself. And, believe it or not, I'm actually trying to HELP you here, not rag on you. This is/was intended as constructive criticism.

You are a peacemaker Sinton66!
I don't have a problem with the TRUTH (especially in the biblical sense) what I have a problem with is exactly what you have described. One get their point across and still be diplomat about it, and yes you will earn the respect along the way, but maybe that comes with time and as we grow older and wiser. As I have learned and continue to learn myself with every year that’s added to my life. And yes this should be fun and like you said if it's not why bother!

Chris Hart
07-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Footballgal,
Sportsmanship and all that is great but for most athletes and fans alike, our motto is "Just WIN BABY WIN,it's all about WINNING!"
Second place is just the first loser.Almost everybody loves good sportsmanship,but most would rather win than be a good sport,I would.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

footballgal
07-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart:
Footballgal,
Sportsmanship and all that is great but for most athletes and fans alike, our motto is "Just WIN BABY WIN,it's all about WINNING!"
Second place is just the first loser.Almost everybody loves good sportsmanship,but most would rather win than be a good sport,I would.

Of course it is Mr. Hart I'd be a fool to say that winning isn't fun,(as an former athlete I played to win, but also because I thought it was fun) everyone wants to win, no one likes to loose! We all play to WIN if we didn't play to win why play in the first place. The point I am trying to make by putting the quote (and maybe it's not fully understood unless you had read what was written before that which prompted that response), is even though we don't win championships every year like some teams the dedication, hard work is put forth every week by all who participate and make Friday Night Football what it is. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it wasn't about winning would we?

SintonFan
07-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Wow, alot went on while I've been in school. *** is a "chacatero"? I know alot of Czech words but don't want to mention them.

bearcat1
07-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Footballgal,
I am having a hard time understanding what in the heck you are arguing/whining about. If someone has irritated you on some other site by their remarks, you need to take it up with the correct party. The chip on your shoulder is growing larger by the day and if you really wanna have 'fun' like you say you do, my advise to you is relax and ease up...nobody is attacking you.
bc

Of course it is Mr. Hart I'd be a fool to say that winning isn't fun,(as an former athlete I played to win, but also because I thought it was fun) everyone wants to win, no one likes to loose! We all play to WIN if we didn't play to win why play in the first place. The point I am trying to make by putting the quote (and maybe it's not fully understood unless you had read what was written before that which prompted that response), is even though we don't win championships every year like some teams the dedication, hard work is put forth every week by all who participate and make Friday Night Football what it is. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it wasn't about winning would we?

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited July 13, 2002).]

bearcat1
07-13-2002, 12:15 PM
If you have spent any time here at all then you would know that we cover teams/regions/districts equally. Regardless of region affiliation.
And footballgal, as far as your comment (threat) about us running off visitors before we get them....Visitors don't come here to get our opinions or our thoughts, they are not blind followers of us. THey have their own ideas as far as how a particular team will do, or region, or whatever. They come here to get schedules, scores, updates, and the like. Maybe a little info on an upcoming foe...they dont' come here based on our personal observations, rankings, or opinions. They come here for facts, and weed through the opinions and other crap as necessary. At least, that's the way most visitors do. Apparently you are an exception. With that type of approach I could see where someone like you might be 'run off'....but I don't think we would lose any sleep over it. I love the visitors we have and love the fact that our site is gaining popularity, but if you think that we are gonna kiss anybody's a$$ to keep it thataway, you're sadly mistaken.
bc

Originally posted by bearcat1:
Footballgal,
I am having a hard time understanding what in the heck you are arguing/whining about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what instigated your tirade here was that a statement was made that RGV teams as a whole had not been very successful in the past. Are you arguing this statement, or are you just venting frustration at the fact? I don't see where there is anything untrue about that statement. It may sting a bit to hear and I understand that, but I dont see where it is untrue, and therefore not made in any effort to offend anyone. I didn't make the comments, but I saw where you advised j2k to 'choose his words carefully'. Which by the way I find hilarious. I would agree with the fact that RGV teams are weak when compared to other areas of the state...they are not the only ones, there are other weak areas, but yes this is not in fact the powerhouse area of the state as far as football goes. You are also aware of that. I dont know what prompted you to say 'choose your words carefully', because that is a true statement. I am glad that you are venemintly defending your area, that is what a fan is supposed to do, but you must understand that when you visit public message boards, there will be people on them who are not in agreement with you, and it shouldn't prompt you to get this worked up. It happens all the time.
J2k doesn't put alot of stock in RGV teams, apparently. You don't appreciate that, and that's your perrogative. I like ketchup on my grilled cheese sandwiches, but not everybody agrees with me that it is good. My point is....It is now time to move on. I would also like to comment on your quote about winning isn't measured by the scoreboard alone, hard work, etc. (i am paraphrasing here)....Nobody questioned the work ethic of any team. Nobody questioned the dedication, love of the game, or anything of this nature regarding RGV teams. So please don't cloud the issue. I know many dedicated teams and players who give it their all, who do not ever win...that isn't something that you have the market cornered on and I dont see how it relates to this thread at all. I think what you are doing is trying to defend against something that was never questioned and doesn't require defending against, at least not here on this board or by any posters here. If someone has irritated you on some other site by their remarks, you need to take it up with the correct party. The chip on your shoulder is growing larger by the day and if you really wanna have 'fun' like you say you do, my advise to you is relax and ease up...nobody is attacking you.
bc

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited July 13, 2002).]

sinton66
07-13-2002, 01:34 PM
You're right BC. Nobody questioned their work ethic. And, maybe footballgal is overreacting just a smidgen. THAT is no excuse to be less than civil. All three of you keep saying this site is here for people to express their opinions and you defend yourselves vigorously when someone says something less than complimentary about the site or one of you, but some of you show no hesitation in ridiculing or insulting some of the posters for simply expressing their opinions. Shame on ya!
If you can't or won't take criticism, don't be so free to dish it out. Matthew has said he won't put up with this stuff when it starts becoming personal. He seems to be fairly level-headed, and he also seems to try very hard not to "zing" people for their comments. Come on folks, how much more personal could yours and J2K's last few postings get? BC, you did just single her out. She simply disagreed with Jacket.
In case you're sitting there wondering what starts crap like this, basically, sometimes yall inspire a "circle the wagons" theme.

Personally, I think it's time to close this thread, it's going nowhere fast.

bearcat1
07-13-2002, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sinton66:
[B]but some of you show no hesitation in ridiculing or insulting some of the posters for simply expressing their opinions.

when did this happen?
bc

Chris Hart
07-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Nobody is perfect, we should all overlook each others shortcomings and move on with the real topic(3A Football),that's what rules.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

bearcat1
07-13-2002, 03:02 PM
and by the way, yes I singled her out...because of the comment she made 'this should be the region I and II downlow" which I took offense to. We work hard to make this an all inclusive sight, and I thought that remark was way out of line. Whether j2k agrees with her, or is a fan of RGV, or not, it was not necessary for that type of comment to be hurled at us, or to imply that we do a less than adequate job of covering the other 2 regions, and I took offense to it. We lost our correspondent over the fact that Region 4 wasn't being covered adequately enough. Matt took on 2 regions last year b/c we didn't have a region 3 rep. If we didn't care about region 3 or 4, that would not of happened. Her comments were insulting. Period.

bc

Originally posted by Chris Hart:
Nobody is perfect, we should all overlook each others shortcomings and move on with the real topic(3A Football),that's what rules.

sinfan75
07-14-2002, 07:28 PM
SintonFan You sure stirred up a hornets nest!!LMAO!!

Matthew328
07-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Wow I didn't know so much could be stirred up over the lil ole RGV (just kiddin RGV fans...LOL) I gotta agree with bc on this one...we work very hard to equally cover all 4 regions..I took a lil offense to what she said as well...just like Ole Card makes me mad with his DFW conspiracy theories....LOL But it is all in good fun..but as for me I love to hear everyone's opinions..but hey if I disagree I'll say something or if you disagree with me I will defend my position...but it's all in good fun I never, ever take anything persoanlly...except when it is Old Card....LOL j/k

sinton66
07-15-2002, 05:32 PM
I totally agree with you Matthew, you seem to have an ability to disagree with someone without ridiculing or insulting them, and I admire that in you. By the way Matthew and BC, I re-read her comment on the r1/r2 site thing and if you will go back and re-read it yourselves, she said she INITIALLY felt that way, meaning she doesn't anymore. Don't think any of you should have gotten upset if you would have realized she had changed her mind. Man, I thought I had finally found a site (this one)without any Howard Stern wanna-bees, still hoping I was right. Shockingly rude ain't fashionable, it's just rude. Incidentally BC, in your first statement to her, you called her a "complainer/whiner" then you proceeded to invite her to leave the site. And while we're on the subject, your "cahones" comments make you less attractive not more(in my opinion). I'm certain you can find a better way to say what you mean. The ridicule/humiliate statement was in reference to J2K's comments following Old Cardinal's opinion on the Collier-Sharpe thread. (I probably don't do that good a job of articulating exactly what I mean either). Bottom line here is I saw that thing going bad and tried to slow it down BEFORE Jacket made some remark to her similar to the one he made to Old Cardinal.
I hope all THREE of you understand, I'm not mad, upset, hurt, or feeling put upon at all by any of you, and I'm doing my best to convey that I'm not dumping on you either. But you CAN probably count on hearing from me when I think you've started sounding rude to folks, ANYBODY, not just Old Cardinal. Frankly, I just don't think there is a justifiable reason for that, even if you do have something against them. Might come out something like "way to go, Howard!". Sorry, that's just the way I was brought up.
Oh! And one last note on this thread for footballgal if you're still around, thank you for the "peacemaker" comment, but I was actually trying to "inspire" you and Jacket to be.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited July 15, 2002).]

sinfan75
07-15-2002, 07:47 PM
Man,ya'll sure typed some long threads on this subject.If I had to type somethin that long I'd fall asleep before I finished!

bearcat1
07-15-2002, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sinton66:
[B]Don't think any of you should have gotten upset if you would have realized she had changed her mind.

obviously, we didn't realize it.

PS. Football gal repied to us and I for one have accepted her post for what it was intended, and my feathers are no longer in a ruffle over any of it. I have no ill feelings toward her, and I thought the topic had died. For me it has.

Matthew328
07-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Well sinton66 thanx for the compliment towards me....I think bc and J2K can disagree civily also...I don't wanna speak for them...but sometimes I think they are being sarcastic but it is difficult to convey that when all you are doing is typing..that is my 2 cents...and yes I did re-read footballgal's post and I misinterpreted it....my bad....ok well I think this post has also run its course...so I am closing it also..