PDA

View Full Version : No More Whataburger

Antec
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Our Whataburger closed down in Wharton- it was right on 59 near Hospital and across from Walmart.

They were doing a good business- Either Health Department close them down or something happended

Now we only have Jack, Dairy Queen and Sonic-Their burgers aren't anything special

Wharton has a few mom and pop places b ut over priced

Wish we could get a Wendy's or Burger King

Emerson1
06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Whataburger is overrated and overpriced.

Bull Butter
06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Are you sure it's not closed for renovations? Whataburger likes to do that.

Very unusual for a Whataburger to shut down, especially one that is located on a busy highway.:confused:

K-MAC Chuck
06-08-2008, 06:10 PM
wow, that's a surprise..I thought Whataburgers were to Texas what Cheese Steak places were to Pennsylvania - recession-proof!

I used to live for Wendy's burgers..

Now, it's all about Taco Cabana if I do fast food...and you won't get me to Taco Bell (yuck)..:D

DDBooger
06-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Our Whataburger closed down in Wharton- it was right on 59 near Hospital and across from Walmart.

They were doing a good business- Either Health Department close them down or something happended

Now we only have Jack, Dairy Queen and Sonic-Their burgers aren't anything special

Wharton has a few mom and pop places b ut over priced

Wish we could get a Wendy's or Burger King no way, the best whataburger I ever had was from there. :(

emerson you're crazy, they're not overrated, compared to McDonalds, BK, DQ and Wendy's. WB is the best.

Emerson1
06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Well compared to the cow/pig/cat burgers you get there. But sonic is just as good, whataburger only has better ketchup and sonic has way better deal on drinks.

DDBooger
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well compared to the cow/pig/cat burgers you get there. But sonic is just as good, whataburger only has better ketchup and sonic has way better deal on drinks. yeah sonic does have better drinks. wb ketchup is the best and they have onion rings. i guess matter of opinion comparing sonic and WB. then again i haven't had too many Sonic burgers

Antec
06-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Wharton does have one good local place with burgers

Niner's -down on Boling Hwy just down the road from Sonic

Diamond S- on 60 on the way to Bay City

Freddie's

Johnny Utah
06-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I bet the Whataburger is going through renovations. They are all doing well from what I have seen. Whataburger is first class in my opinion and much better than all the rest. How is the new Super doing in Wharton???? New AD????

Antec
06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Buckees will be opening in about 4-5 months and it will be bigger than the one outside of Luling-Its across the road from Walmart

over 25,000 square feet

Old Tiger
06-08-2008, 07:13 PM
The only reasons to go to Whataburger are the taquitos and the A1 Thick and Harty.

JasperDog94
06-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The only reasons to go to Whataburger are the taquitos and the A1 Thick and Harty. And their sausage BOBs....mmmmm....sausage BOB....:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Old Green
06-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
I bet the Whataburger is going through renovations. They are all doing well from what I have seen. Whataburger is first class in my opinion and much better than all the rest. How is the new Super doing in Wharton???? New AD???? That's what I'm thinking. They Closed it in Cuero a couple weeks for renovations.

44INAROW
06-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Are you sure it's not closed for renovations? Whataburger likes to do that.

Very unusual for a Whataburger to shut down, especially one that is located on a busy highway.:confused:

the Cuero Whataburger closed for a few days a couple of weekends ago and it was just for renovations....... I hope that's what's going on in Wharton too

Ranger Mom
06-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
And their sausage BOBs....mmmmm....sausage BOB....:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

That is my favorite thing at Whataburger!!

On a side note, my Sonic that they demolished is now completely rebuilt....it was supposed to reopen on June 1st, but I drove by there to today and the sign that used to read: "Opening June 1" now reads: "Opening June":mad: :mad:

SintonFan
06-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Buckees in Wharton?
cool...
Isn't JR's in Wharton? Little bro brought a few rib eyes from there. Good stuff!

GreenMonster
06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Man, if only Whataburger's fries were as good as their burgers and their "FANCY" ketchup that place would take over the world.

Bull Butter
06-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Why do most fast food places label their ketchup as "Fancy"?

Tastes pretty ordinary to me.:confused:

LH Panther Mom
06-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Why do most fast food places label their ketchup as "Fancy"?

Tastes pretty ordinary to me.:confused:
LMAO! When my son was about 3-4, big brother asked him if he wanted some "fancy ketchup" for his fries. He didn't.....only wanted regular ketchup. :D

Old Tiger
06-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LMAO! When my son was about 3-4, big brother asked him if he wanted some "fancy ketchup" for his fries. He didn't.....only wanted regular ketchup. :D hilarious

Diocletian
06-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I've found that eating at Whataburger closer to Corpus where they originated is a far better meal.... so the further away they get.... the crapier the meals are

BTW down here they are by far the best place to get a burger.

Fal44
06-09-2008, 01:16 AM
I love whataburger... mhmm 3 am tacos and biscuits... perfect...

griff
06-09-2008, 06:34 AM
What's also amazing about Whataburger is that they are a privately owned company. Quite unusual in this day for a chain as big as they are to not be publicly traded. This also has alot to do with why it is rare that one closes for business (other than for renovations) because they don't have the public investment capital that allows them to take frequent risks of opening stores whenever and wherever they want (like Jack In The Box does).

Nursebetty
06-09-2008, 07:08 AM
OMG.......I absolutely love Whataburger breakfast tacos!!! And a bacon/cheese Whataburger with jalapenos, or the A1 Thick and Hearty! Yes, the fancy ketchup is good and so is their picante sauce! great,,,,,,now I'm hungry.......gotta go to Whataburger! LOL

Buckeye1980
06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
My 4 year old will not eat any ketchup except "ketchup in a box" or Whataburger ketchup and you cannot fool him by putting another in the containers

Daddy D 11
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Triple Meat Triple Cheese w/ Jalepenos is where it's at:)
A1 Thick and Hearty is a close second.

Antec
06-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Called Whataburger main office in San Antonio

They say its a short renovation shutdown but there was no sign stating that

anywhere wharton will have good burgers again

Old Tiger
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Triple Meat Triple Cheese w/ Jalepenos is where it's at:)
A1 Thick and Hearty is a close second. There are only certain nights for the triple meat triple cheese and they are all inappropriate for this board. :D

Necks_Fan
06-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Buckees will be opening in about 4-5 months and it will be bigger than the one outside of Luling-Its across the road from Walmart

over 25,000 square feet The biggest Bucees in Texas is the new one in LJ. Will this one be even bigger?

Over 25,000 sq. ft.? Good lord.

espn1
06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
I've found that eating at Whataburger closer to Corpus where they originated is a far better meal.... so the further away they get.... the crapier the meals are

BTW down here they are by far the best place to get a burger.

You're absolutely 100% correct. Take away the Cherry Limeaide's and Sonic really sucks. Short Stop completely kicks both of their butts. BOB'S are good and I can do Whata Burger if I have to. If you're in Austin try this place it rocks.Butter Burger (http://www.culvers.com/)

KingRob
06-10-2008, 04:51 AM
Sure do wish they'd build a Whataburger over here. Right now all we have are McDonald's and Burger King, (We had a Wendy's, but it closed). Doner Kebabs are big over here. Doner stand around the corner somewhere (they are good, but they are a Whataburger!)

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by espn1
You're absolutely 100% correct. Take away the Cherry Limeaide's and Sonic really sucks. Short Stop completely kicks both of their butts. BOB'S are good and I can do Whata Burger if I have to. If you're in Austin try this place it rocks.Butter Burger (http://www.culvers.com/)

They have a few Culvers in DFW now as well...Mashed Potatoes as an option instead of fries totally rocks...they also have my favorite onion rings of any fast food joint.

Oh, and the burgers are good too!

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
And their sausage BOBs....mmmmm....sausage BOB....:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: JD94...i'm not a fan of the BOBs for some reason :(

footballgal
06-10-2008, 02:54 PM
because of this thread before lunch I had a Whataburger... but it wasn't the same without any tomatoes!

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
because of this thread before lunch I had a Whataburger... but it wasn't the same without any tomatoes!

did you order it that way or are places not serving tomatoes right now?

I always order my food without tomatoes, but I get annoyed because the companies always forget, then when you take it off, you're still left with tomato juices...I wouldn't even eat a burger right now if they had a tomato on it.

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
When you get the A1 thick & hearty tell them you want tomatoes on it and it's like even better!

footballgal
06-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
did you order it that way or are places not serving tomatoes right now?

not serving tomatoes due to the recent problems with the tomatoes... they should have aleast used the cherry tomatoes.

I am soo glad I have tomatoes in my garden!

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 03:01 PM
not serving tomatoes due to the recent problems with the tomatoes... they should have aleast used the cherry tomatoes.

so do they sell the burgers at a lower price since they have fewer ingredients and are cheaper for the company to make?

footballgal
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
so do they sell the burgers at a lower price since they have fewer ingredients and are cheaper for the company to make? Same price, but then again they don't ever charge me extra for my special orders; toasted wheat bread, no onions and extra vegtables, so I guess were even. ;)

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Steak n Shake has better burgers than whataburger

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Same price, but then again they don't ever charge me extra for my special orders; toasted wheat bread, no onions and extra vegtables, so I guess were even. ;)

wow...I never realized you could get extras on there for free!

footballgal
06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
wow...I never realized you could get extras on there for free!

Sure they do, Burger King might have the jingle "have it your way" but Whataburger really delivers it!

AP Panther Fan
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM

I am wondering if Walmart has pulled their tomatoes yet...:thinking: I always buy the Romas and am thinking they still had them out last Friday when I had to go in there.

On the subject of Sonic drinks....has anyone noticed that now McDonald's is making an effort to pull customers from Sonic? McDonald's is advertising any sized drink for $1.00 plus they now have iced tea (except they were out yesterday):nerd:

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

On the subject of Sonic drinks....has anyone noticed that now McDonald's is making an effort to pull customers from Sonic? McDonald's is advertising any sized drink for $1.00 plus they now have iced tea (except they were out yesterday):nerd: I don't think McDonald's cares about the Sonic franchise....Micky D's is a much bigger company with more profits than Sonic.

I think it has to do with the health food craze(tea not sodas)

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I am wondering if Walmart has pulled their tomatoes yet...:thinking: I always buy the Romas and am thinking they still had them out last Friday when I had to go in there.

On the subject of Sonic drinks....has anyone noticed that now McDonald's is making an effort to pull customers from Sonic? McDonald's is advertising any sized drink for $1.00 plus they now have iced tea (except they were out yesterday):nerd:

McDonald's has always had iced tea!

AP Panther Fan
06-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't think McDonald's cares about the Sonic franchise....Micky D's is a much bigger company with more profits than Sonic.

I think it has to do with the health food craze(tea not sodas)

maybe so, maybe so.....

I thought they were trying to compete with the afternoon Sonic 1/2 price drinks special.

I don't like the tea from Sonic...way too sweet for my liking. Crzy, I don't think our McDonalds has had tea before now:thinking: I am going to have to find out.

AP Panther Fan
06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Crzy, I don't think our McDonalds has had tea before now:thinking: I am going to have to find out.

You were right... they have always had iced tea. I called them. :doh:

I guess I just thought it was new since it was on the new drink special signs. :rolleyes: :D

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 03:55 PM
You were right... they have always had iced tea. I called them. :doh:

I guess I just thought it was new since it was on the new drink special signs. :rolleyes: :D

:D

Fast food places do that a lot to try to promote foods that have hovered on the menu for a while going unnoticed.

For example, try reading the menu at Taco Bell next time you're there...they have probably ten or more things that most people have never tried.

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 03:56 PM
:D

Fast food places do that a lot to try to promote foods that have hovered on the menu for a while going unnoticed.

For example, try reading the menu at Taco Bell next time you're there...they have probably ten or more things that most people have never tried. Mmmmmm taco bell....i think i've tried everything there

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Mmmmmm taco bell....i think i've tried everything there

even their "new" items on the value menu like the cheese rollups and double beefy cheese burrito?

One of my favorites is the chicken or steak enchirito.

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
even their "new" items on the value menu like the cheese rollups and double beefy cheese burrito?

One of my favorites is the chicken or steak enchirito. enchiritos are awesome!

I haven't tried the new ones due to not having a taco bell in Rockdale anymore but I'll probably get all the ones I haven't tried off the value menu when I go again.

AP Panther Fan
06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
For example, try reading the menu at Taco Bell next time you're there...they have probably ten or more things that most people have never tried.

lol...now that you mention it, they do have waaaay too many choices when most people only go there to get tacos.:D

(well except Go Blue)

:evillol:

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
enchiritos are awesome!

I haven't tried the new ones due to not having a taco bell in Rockdale anymore but I'll probably get all the ones I haven't tried off the value menu when I go again.

dude...79 cent nachos = amazing. My new addition to any combo that I get.

They're not just the cheap stuff with just chips and cheese either...they've got beans and red sauce on them just like the nachos bell grande!

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 04:28 PM
dude...79 cent nachos = amazing. My new addition to any combo that I get.

They're not just the cheap stuff with just chips and cheese either...they've got beans and red sauce on them just like the nachos bell grande! hell ya that is awesome....their chips are really good for some reason

Emerson1
06-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Steak n Shake has better burgers than whataburger
Steake n Shake is 10000 times more overrated than Whataburger

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Steake n Shake is 10000 times more overrated than Whataburger so what is your favortie chain of burger places?