PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale WR and La Grange QB shine at combine

TRENCHES06
06-08-2008, 01:04 PM
From Saturdays National Underclassmen Combine at RRISD stadium:

With almost 200 kids in attendance for the Friday Night Lights combine-

Rockdale WR takes home WR MVP award

La Grange QB (righty) takes home QB honorable mention award.

Nice to see that a couple of 3A kids could compete against the 4 and 5A kids from around the area.

MVP of whole combine was a kid from Round Rock Stoney Point that ran a 4.3.

Dogman_1969
06-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Talked to the kids from Rockdale that were there and they all said that the La Grange QB looked very good and I thought they said that he is a freshman.

There was 1 Rockdale WR at the afternoon session and 3 more at the evening session. Out of the WR's that were there (around 200 or so in both combined) all 4 made the 20 WR showcase. The young man you mentioned that won the MVP and 1 other was Honorable Mention. The Tigers had a good showing...

Only down side to Friday's event was these kids got home about 3 am and had to be in Normangee for 7 on 7 at 8:30 the next morning. Kinda a short night.

Do you know if La Grange is trying to qualify for state? We played them in Lexington but haven't heard if they are still playing or not.

TRENCHES06
06-08-2008, 02:12 PM
The QB is class of 2010.

La Grange will try to qualify at Navasota.....wish they would have went to Normangee and Cuero though.

This is the first year that they have ever tried.

TRENCHES06
06-08-2008, 02:14 PM
During the evening showcase display, the La Grange QB and Rockdale WR connected a couple of times on some nice passes and routes.

Johnny Utah
06-08-2008, 03:41 PM
LG making a comeback? That new district with Sealy is going to be TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Old Tiger
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
You can post their names ;)

Johnny Utah
06-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I will not post that the younger Sanders was great at the combine!!! Did his older brother have as much talent??? I do know he is one tough sucker!!!

TRENCHES06
06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Has the Ultimate 100 list been posted yet?

hookandladder
06-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
From Saturdays National Underclassmen Combine at RRISD stadium:

With almost 200 kids in attendance for the Friday Night Lights combine-

Rockdale WR takes home WR MVP award

La Grange QB (righty) takes home QB honorable mention award.

Nice to see that a couple of 3A kids could compete against the 4 and 5A kids from around the area.

MVP of whole combine was a kid from Round Rock Stoney Point that ran a 4.3.

So would you say La Grange will be starting a righty at QB and not a Lefty, next year.

lepfan
06-10-2008, 01:14 AM
hook....who is the QB...that group of kids was one of the last two I taught while in LG...

hookandladder
06-10-2008, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
hook....who is the QB...that group of kids was one of the last two I taught while in LG...

The lefty is Luke Henderson who will be a senior and the righty was on JV last year as a sophmore. He is one of the coaches son who moved here a couple of years ago and from what I have been told is looking very impressive. I would assume they will play both in scrimmiages and let the cream rise to the top, if you know what I mean.

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
The lefty is Luke Henderson who will be a senior and the righty was on JV last year as a sophmore. He is one of the coaches son who moved here a couple of years ago and from what I have been told is looking very impressive. I would assume they will play both in scrimmiages and let the cream rise to the top, if you know what I mean. what are the measurements of the two kids?

jlg043
06-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
I will not post that the younger Sanders was great at the combine!!! Did his older brother have as much talent??? I do know he is one tough sucker!!!

Im not sure if as much talent as his lil brother but was def talented. Had a heck of an arm on him and signed w/ Air Force to play ball but I dont think he went... Im not sure what happened in that situation:thinking:

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
Im not sure if as much talent as his lil brother but was def talented. Had a heck of an arm on him and signed w/ Air Force to play ball but I dont think he went... Im not sure what happened in that situation:thinking: He went but he didn't like the whole boot camp feel.

Injuries hurt the older brother

LHS PRIDE
06-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
what are the measurements of the two kids?

Henderson(Senior) is 6'0" and around 170 lbs. -

Schneider(Junior) is 6'1" and around 190 lbs. -

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LHS PRIDE

Schneider(Junior) is 6'1" and around 190 lbs. - speed of both?

LHS PRIDE
06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
speed of both?

I would say around 4.8 for both, Schneider has a lot more power running the football

Old Tiger
06-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I would say around 4.8 for both, Schneider has a lot more power running the football Well I would say if one was faster than the other put one at WR

lepfan
06-11-2008, 12:24 AM

Schneider(Junior) is 6'1" and around 190 lbs. -

Wouldn't the coach's kid be Coach McHazlett's son??? I remember hearing he was being 'groomed'....

hookandladder
06-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Wouldn't the coach's kid be Coach McHazlett's son??? I remember hearing he was being 'groomed'....

No, the McHazlett kid moved to receiver last year, the Schneider kid took over the QB position on JV last year and did quite well. Possibly could have started on Varsity last year however the Varsity QB from last year did a good job.The McHazlett kid played some on Varsity last year and should be one of the main receviers this year, has good speed. The Schneider kid from what I am hearing will be the starting QB when the real season starts, unless Luke comes on strong. As for as Luke becoming a receiver if he gets beat out at QB, I don't see that happening will just be a backup QB. Also unless the Schneider kid has grown that much over the summer, I would say he is still under 6'. He is definitely the best runner of the 2 also. I think Luke could possibly help on the defensive side of the ball also, just don't if he is interested in playing defense. I do feel that we will be very competitive this year.

TRENCHES06
06-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I could easily see them both playing early, but everybody says there is a clear leader already.

The McHazzlett kid will be a great reciever. There is also an incomiing sophomore kid who has a chance to be a stud at reciever as well. He was impressive during 7 on 7 games.

Good things for La Grange this year.