PDA

View Full Version : Go Blue's Way To Early Top 10(Statewide)

Old Tiger
06-08-2008, 08:28 AM
1. Liberty Hill - Two time defending champions
2. Navasota - returns a load of starters on both side of the ball
3. Celina - Lost a bit of starters but they are still Celina
4. Brownwood - Tradition plus a drop to the 3a ranks
5. West Orange-Stark - Composed primarily of a great sophomore class last season and could get over the hump this year
6. China Spring - Returns one of the states most dynamic players in Mike Hicks
7. Cuero - Cuero is Cuero and has one of the top QB prospects in the state of Texas for the 2010 class
8. Sealy - Returns a host of players from a team who came on very strong last season and should be the darkhorse this year
9. Madisonville - Returns the states top rated rusher in Chris Whaley
10. Gilmer - Because they are Gilmer

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 08:35 AM
:clap:

I agree. I think mine would be about the same.

Mine would be

1. Celina
2. Liberty Hill
3. Navasota
4. Brownwood
5. Cuero
6. West Orange Stark
7. Gilmer
8. Madisonville
9. Sealy
10. Abilene Wylie

A little different, but for the most part, I agree with the teams in the top 10.

slingshot
06-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
5. West Orange-Stark - Composed primarily of a great sophomore class last season and could get over the hump this year
7. Cuero - Cuero is Cuero and has one of the top QB prospects in the state of Texas for the 2010 class
8. Sealy - Returns a host of players from a team who came on very strong last season and should be the darkhorse this year
10. Gilmer - Because they are Gilmer I like it! In fact I hope Dave Campbell and the AP feel the same way...

garciap77
06-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
:clap:

I agree. I think mine would be about the same.

Mine would be

1. Celina
2. Liberty Hill
3. Navasota
4. Brownwood
5. Cuero
6. West Orange Stark
7. Gilmer
8. Madisonville
9. Sealy
10. Abilene Wylie

A little different, but for the most part, I agree with the teams in the top 10.
:ditto: :2thumbsup

Sweetwater Red
06-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
10. Gilmer - Because they are Gilmer

So...if I'm reading right...four of your top ten are on the list
based simply on reputation.:doh:

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
based simply on reputation.:doh: if it smells like a dog and looks like a dog it might in fact, hold on let me check the judges for a ruling....yes it might just be a dog...

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 11:53 AM
based simply on reputation.:doh: Teams with great reputation and tradition tend to do well. They usually don't dissapoint. I think everyone on that list deserves to be there.

pirate4state
06-08-2008, 06:42 PM
based simply on reputation.:doh: welcome to the world of pre-season polls :p

Gators17
06-09-2008, 04:20 PM
i think sealy is WAY too overrated

Necks_Fan
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
i think sealy is WAY too overrated Maybe so, but do you actually know anything about them? Downey is a LEGIT player, Mitchell is one of the best coaches in the state and he has them in full understanding of his system and they started to click last year. They gave Giddings ALL they wanted in that playoff game last year. They will DEF be good, but that's the beauty of a pre-season poll right?

Necks_Fan
06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Maybe so, but do you actually know anything about them? Downey is a LEGIT player, Mitchell is one of the best coaches in the state and he has them in full understanding of his system and they started to click last year. They gave Giddings ALL they wanted in that playoff game last year. They will DEF be good, but that's the beauty of a pre-season poll right?

The toughest part for them will be getting in the playoffs healthy.

They have Bellville and Giddings on the road and LaGrange at home for their last game. That district will be really good next year.

Astrosdawg07
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
How come there isn't very much hype about Jasper this year? Most polls have Navasota at 3 and Jasper should have won that game.

Necks_Fan
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
How come there isn't very much hype about Jasper this year? Most polls have Navasota at 3 and Jasper should have won that game. I put Navasota that high on mine, because I know a little about them. I know NOTHING about Jasper. That's why they didn't make it on my poll.

Navasota has 2 Nationally ranked players. They also return all host of other players. IF they play a little defense they will be virtually unstoppable.

If I knew more about Jasper and they had 2 Game breakers, then.... Well, I would show some love, but as it stands, Nope.

Old Tiger
06-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
How come there isn't very much hype about Jasper this year? Most polls have Navasota at 3 and Jasper should have won that game. Navasota returns at least 7 starters on each side of the ball and should have never won a game.

PHS Wildcats
06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I guess were going to be in trouble with Navasota in week 1 :(

navscanmaster
06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I guess were going to be in trouble with Navasota in week 1 :(

Don't get down. Rattlers typically start slow. Ask 2A Hearne last year. I still don't think we are quite ready for top 5 ranking around here.

Gators17
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Maybe so, but do you actually know anything about them? Downey is a LEGIT player, Mitchell is one of the best coaches in the state and he has them in full understanding of his system and they started to click last year. They gave Giddings ALL they wanted in that playoff game last year. They will DEF be good, but that's the beauty of a pre-season poll right?

yes, i know a lot about them actually. having played against them last year, i don't think they're good enough to be a top 10 team. I'll give them credit they have tons of potential, but potential doesn't win ballgames.

j_dog
06-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I put Navasota that high on mine, because I know a little about them. I know NOTHING about Jasper. That's why they didn't make it on my poll.

Navasota has 2 Nationally ranked players. They also return all host of other players. IF they play a little defense they will be virtually unstoppable.

If I knew more about Jasper and they had 2 Game breakers, then.... Well, I would show some love, but as it stands, Nope.
Neck, you are right on! Picking up where we left off last year. Jasper is small and slow. Or slow and small, whichever. Just exactly as last year. :) Nothing at all to worry about with the little ole Dogs. :) :(