PDA

View Full Version : Astros talk

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 08:21 AM
What's up with Chacon? 7 ER in the first 2 IP yesterday, and only 1 IP last outing against the Brewers.

He has hit a really rough spot.

Maybe they bring Sampson back to the rotation?

On a side note, Pence was 3-5 with a HR (8) and a 2B.

He did ground into a DP I think as well as Berkman. They left alot of base runners on yesterday in a tough 8-4 loss to the Cards.

The Astros have signed the #38 pick, Jordan Lyles?. RHP from SC.

Anyway, thoughts?

Gobbla2001
06-08-2008, 09:22 AM
we need arms... that's about the only thought I have...

SWMustang
06-08-2008, 09:28 AM
We were living on borrowed time with Chacon - the meltdowns were inevitable. Like the wise Gobbla said - we need arms starters and relievers.

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
We were living on borrowed time with Chacon - the meltdowns were inevitable. Like the wise Gobbla said - we need arms starters and relievers. How do we go about getting another legit starter/reliever without giving up our core?

K-MAC Chuck
06-08-2008, 12:06 PM
The Astros farm system, in the opinion of many (including me), is shallow in terms of talent available..

they just brought up Reggie Abercrombie, who'll add yet MORE speed to the outfield....but the Stros have NO catching depth whatsoever..they HAD to demote Towles to Round Rock (AAA) because he can't hit for a lick, the guy they brought up in his place (Humberto whatever) can't hit for crap either..

As for pitching depth - ugh..we knew this at the beginning of teh season, altho guys like Backe and Wandy have been somewhat surprising at times.

I'm not saying it's gonna take an overhaul, but it sure seems like it's gonna take some changes and trades to iron things out for the Stros in their minor league ranks...

Just my opinion..

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
The Astros farm system, in the opinion of many (including me), is shallow in terms of talent available..

they just brought up Reggie Abercrombie, who'll add yet MORE speed to the outfield....but the Stros have NO catching depth whatsoever..they HAD to demote Towles to Round Rock (AAA) because he can't hit for a lick, the guy they brought up in his place (Humberto whatever) can't hit for crap either..

As for pitching depth - ugh..we knew this at the beginning of teh season, altho guys like Backe and Wandy have been somewhat surprising at times.

I'm not saying it's gonna take an overhaul, but it sure seems like it's gonna take some changes and trades to iron things out for the Stros in their minor league ranks...

Just my opinion..

Well, atleast they got rid of Cruz. He was horrible. The guy Quintero can hit a little. He's not great, but he's also not batting in the .140's.

At this point, I'll take Ausmus behind the plate. He will bat .220 and give you great D atleast.

That's my point though, How do we get a decent pitcher in a trade, because we have NO farm practically. They obviously don't want to rebuild. I doubt they would trade Pence or any other legit player.

As it stands, we will prolly make a few minor trades and stick with what we have.

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Astros leaing the Cards 3-0 in the Bot 6 on the strength of Berkman's 18th Hr this season. Pence lead off with a double, Matsui bunted him to 3rd, Tejada walked, and Berkman cleared the bases for 3 runs.

Nice.

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Well Crap.

zebrablue2
06-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well Crap.

crap would be the word. one sorry top of the 7th. cannot play a inning any more PITIFUL.....

zebrablue2
06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
and now the 3rd base coach goes to sleep. throw from right goes into second base, and he dosen't send the runner. cooper had better have a team meeting after this game.

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
and now the 3rd base coach goes to sleep. throw from right goes into second base, and he dosen't send the runner. cooper had better have a team meeting after this game. he 2nd fastest guy on the team can't make it home on a double to right from first base? We got a problem there.

sahen
06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
he 2nd fastest guy on the team can't make it home on a double to right from first base? We got a problem there.

1st base coach's fault there...there was 2 outs you always send the guy in that situation unless if it is obvious he will be thrown out...of course if Bourn could hit worth a darn against lefties it wouldnt have mattered...

Necks_Fan
06-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sahen
1st base coach's fault there...there was 2 outs you always send the guy in that situation unless if it is obvious he will be thrown out...of course if Bourn could hit worth a darn against lefties it wouldnt have mattered... IF only

JasperDog94
06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I was at this game. 7th inning was not totally Wandy's fault. If Wiggington could get the ball out of his glove cleanly (dropped a ball earlier in the game too) then the inning would have been over with no runs. If the umpire hadn't made up a 2nd hit batsman call, that would be 1 less run. If Pence and Bourne could communicate, then there would have been 1 less run.

It all collapsed in the 7th, that's for sure.

Old Tiger
06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
baseball players are all slow

yoe64
06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck

Just my opinion..

Working for The Ranch in Cameron, we carry all of Round Rock's week games, in which i board op, Humberto Quintero's over-rated. Towles is down to rebuild his hitting, had 3 hits sunday, and is tearing up the Alberquerque Isotopes tonight.

Looks like a couple of re-building years for the Stros.