PDA

View Full Version : Maybe This Was A Bad Omen................

ILS1
06-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Tuesday June 3rd on the way to work, it's almost 6 a.m. I'm almost there just around the corner. When out of nowhere a couple of birds fly low and close to my Avy. Usually birds are fast and elusive enough to fly out of the way. One flies in front of my grill and then I hear a *thud*. I look around not seeing anything and then I look in my rearview mirror. In the middle of the road,on the yellow lines in mid convulsion was that bird!!! No damage was done to my grill,just a bunch of feathers.

-Hutto loses in the State Tournament on Wednesday
-Lost $30 dollars that apparently fell out of my pocket on Thursday
-Got a nice big pretty door ding that took off some paint on the passenger side of my Avy on Friday.

Be nice to birds!!!!!

:D :D :D

pirate4state
06-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Seinfeld episode

"we have a deal!"

:D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

injuredinmelee
06-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I love this time of year when the dove are getting so fat on the newly cut wheat that they are too slow to fly out of the way of my truck. I have 2 this week. Personal best on my little county rd is 5 in a week.

cr180t
06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
My recird was four but I did get 3 pheasant when we were cutting milo one year.

STANG RED
06-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I topped a hill running about 70 a few years back and took out a whole covey of quail just on the other side of the hill. Dont know for sure, but it must have been about 20 birds total. My buddy and I dug 12 out of the grill alone. No damage to my old beater truck, but feathers were flying everywhere. I felt kind of bad, but what could I do?

nobogey72
06-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I topped a hill running about 70 a few years back and took out a whole covey of quail just on the other side of the hill. Dont know for sure, but it must have been about 20 birds total. My buddy and I dug 12 out of the grill alone. No damage to my old beater truck, but feathers were flying everywhere. I felt kind of bad, but what could I do?

Did ya'll fry 'em up? :thinking: Come on, you can tell us, we're your friends.:rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
06-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I topped a hill running about 70 a few years back and took out a whole covey of quail just on the other side of the hill. Dont know for sure, but it must have been about 20 birds total. My buddy and I dug 12 out of the grill alone. No damage to my old beater truck, but feathers were flying everywhere. I felt kind of bad, but what could I do? In related news, my grandma took out a pack aof little hogs near our house. They were probabloy less than 10pounds each, and she said she thought they were birds, but nope. Little hogs. Quite sad actually.

cr180t
06-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Saw a car hit a buzard it looked like a tree fell on the wind shield and roof of the car

STANG RED
06-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Did ya'll fry 'em up? :thinking: Come on, you can tell us, we're your friends.:rolleyes:

:D Well I'm not saying I'm above it, but no we didnt. Besides they were too broken up from the collision. Amazing how much damage an old beater pickup can do to a little ol bird. :(

LOL, I'll have to admit the country boy in me had visions of a skillet full of quail as soon as I realized what we had hit.:D
But considering most of them were in several peices, it seemed like more trouble than it would be worth. And we were already on some kind of mission anyway, so we didnt have time to fool with something extra.;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
so far i have hit 6 field mice/prarie dogs scurrying about with the mower out on some of the land that i work on...the other day i got one that was pregnant...i felt bad for a second then realized that im at war with rodents as they were crawling on me while i was sleeping in the barracks back in hawaii...so good rodents, i mean ridence :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-07-2008, 11:15 AM
on a side note from my last comment, and not that im into astrology or whatever...but i was born in the chinese year of the rat. so maybe this is a bad omen for me and why there have been so many things crashing in my life all at once lately...:thinking: