PDA

View Full Version : Please help.....Houston area (Specifically Minute Maid Park)

Lion_Addict
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
We are leaving for Houston/Galveston at 4 am tomorrow & I'm not familiar at all with the Houston area. Got tickets to the Astros game for Sunday vs. St Louis. We will be coming up from the south on I-45 and our parking ticket is for "Lot C". Just trying to figure out the best way to get there. Also, anybody know the best route to the zoo? Any help is appreciated. :)

etbu
06-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Take 45 North to 59 north and take the downtown exit. Sorry but do not know if it says dowtown but you can see the park on your left and when you get there ask anyone and they can tell you. Lot C is South of Minute Maid about four or five blocks.

JasperDog94
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Zoo Directions:

Take 45 North to 610 loop West.

Take 610 west to 288 North.

Exit Macgregor and go left (west) under 288 This is N. Macgregor Way. It is a 1 way street.

Follow it until you get to a light and hang a right. (You're still on N. Macgregor Way)

The next light is Golf Course Dr. Take a right and that will take you right to the zoo.

Lion_Addict
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by etbu
Take 45 North to 59 north and take the downtown exit. Sorry but do not know if it says dowtown but you can see the park on your left and when you get there ask anyone and they can tell you. Lot C is South of Minute Maid about four or five blocks.

Thank you sir......much appreciated!

Lion_Addict
06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Zoo Directions:

Exit Macgregor and go left (west) under 288 This is N. Macgregor Way. It is a 1 way street.

Follow it until you get to a light and hang a right. (You're still on N. Macgregor Way)

The next light is Golf Course Dr. Take a right and that will take you right to the zoo.

Thank you lots! I appreciate it.

JasperDog94
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Thank you lots! I appreciate it. You got it.

WOS87
06-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Zoo Directions:

Just a clarification... the MacGregor exit goes up above 288. The first light you hit will be South MacGregor Way which goes one-way heading east... you want to go to the 2nd light which is North McGregor way and goes one-way heading west... Turn left over the freeway. The first light you'll hit after going over the freeway is Almeda. Go straight through that light, curve around along the golf course... there will be a fork at a light. The left fork turns into South Braeswood but you want to take the right fork which becomes Outer Belt. You'll hit another light maybe 100 yards after that. Turn right at that light and that takes you in to Hermann Park. The zoo will be up about a quarter mile to the left.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/nonsports/288tozoo.gif

etbu
06-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Sorry bro Ha I thought you were calling Minute Maid the Zoo. SORRY LOL

Lion_Addict
06-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Just a clarification... the MacGregor exit goes up above 288. The first light you hit will be South MacGregor Way which goes one-way heading east... you want to go to the 2nd light which is North McGregor way and goes one-way heading west... Turn left over the freeway. The first light you'll hit after going over the freeway is Almeda. Go straight through that light, curve around along the golf course... there will be a fork at a light. The left fork turns into South Braeswood but you want to take the right fork which becomes Outer Belt. You'll hit another light maybe 100 yards after that. Turn right at that light and that takes you in to Hermann Park. The zoo will be up about a quarter mile to the left.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/nonsports/288tozoo.gif

Whew! Thank you sir!!

SWMustang
06-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I could give some alternate directions but I don't want to confuse him - he is from Brownwood :) Those are pretty good directions - should get you where you're going.

WOS87
06-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Also, I don't think there is a downtown exit off of 59 North prior to the ballpark coming off of 45 from the south

SWMustang
06-06-2008, 01:00 PM
45north to I-10 east to 59 south - drop you off right in front of minutemaid.

Lion_Addict
06-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Appreciate it fellas.....even though I may get confused since I'm from "Brownwood" :p :D ; THANKS!

WOS87
06-06-2008, 01:55 PM
It is pretty easy to get to Minute Maid taking the same 288 route that you take to get to the zoo...

Just keep going north until 288 merges with 59. Right around where 59 and I-45 intersect there is the Polk Exit which exits off the right side of 59. If you just stay on the feeder road running along the right side of the elevated freeway after exiting (it becomes Chartres) and keep going for a few blocks you'll hit Lots A, B and C, which are all right around the intersection of Chartres and Texas (or Chartres and Preston), just east of the Ballpark.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/nonsports/lotc.gif

(If you try coming from I-45 from the South and exiting on to 59 North it's impossible to take the Polk Exit because you would enter on to 59 from 45 right AFTER the Polk Exit.)

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/nonsports/minutemaid.gif

sahen
06-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
45north to I-10 east to 59 south - drop you off right in front of minutemaid.

i think this is the easiest to remember and is sure to get him there...there are 1000 different ways to get to the ball park though....same w/ the zoo, couldnt he just take 45 North to 610 West, to Fannin and go up through the med center to the zoo? (dont take this way unless if someone verifies it, im just thinking of a scenic yet somewhat easy route but its been a while since i went to the zoo it may not be where i think it is), gets a look at Reliant Stadium, The Astrodome, and the medical center that way as well...since its saturday traffic wont be too bad unless if you go at lunch...

edit: ok buddy, i just checked googlemaps and my directions for the scenic route to the zoo are right but right when you leave the medical center (the hospitals end there is no sign) you will take a right off of fannin onto the aforemention north mcgregor drive and then a left onto zoo circle dr....anyway, if you want to see the dome and reliant this is a good way to go, if you are going for speed i think the other way is prolly better...

WOS87
06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i think this is the easiest to remember and is sure to get him there...there are 1000 different ways to get to the ball park though....same w/ the zoo, couldnt he just take 45 North to 610 West, to Fannin and go up through the med center to the zoo? (dont take this way unless if someone verifies it, im just thinking of a scenic yet somewhat easy route but its been a while since i went to the zoo it may not be where i think it is), gets a look at Reliant Stadium, The Astrodome, and the medical center that way as well...since its saturday traffic wont be too bad unless if you go at lunch...

That works too... there is also the option of parking at the Park and Ride at 610 near Reliant Stadium and just taking the Metro Rail (which follows mostly right along Fannin) directly up through the med center to both the zoo and Minute Maid as well (although it would be a couple of blocks further to walk once you get downtown)

zebrablue2
06-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
We are leaving for Houston/Galveston at 4 am tomorrow & I'm not familiar at all with the Houston area. Got tickets to the Astros game for Sunday vs. St Louis. We will be coming up from the south on I-45 and our parking ticket is for "Lot C". Just trying to figure out the best way to get there. Also, anybody know the best route to the zoo? Any help is appreciated. :)

sounds like a fun weekend. have a good one, and be safe...