PDA

View Full Version : Dear NBA....

XtremeCouture
06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
we are not blind. quit trying to fix games to allow for longer series. theres nothing in the rule book that says you have to call a foul on someone just because they are wearing a purple jersey. also if what paul pierce does versus the pistons is a foul, why isnt a foul when he does the same thing against the lakers?

orange machine
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Who won

turbostud
06-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Ummm.... kinda like the foul on Brent Barry in the Spurs series?

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Dear NBA Fan,

Not every foul called or not called is a conspiracy, Refs are human and make mistakes

The NBA is not trying to pull a fix..think about it..As great as a Laker vs Boston Game 7 wouuld be, the ramifications of a league trying to fix it would be worse than the reward for it happening

Simple Risk/Reward theory

zebrablue2
06-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
we are not blind. quit trying to fix games to allow for longer series. theres nothing in the rule book that says you have to call a foul on someone just because they are wearing a purple jersey. also if what paul pierce does versus the pistons is a foul, why isnt a foul when he does the same thing against the lakers?

my friend, you only see it one way. it is a war out there. your purple friends are not being picked on. check out the box score in the morning.

XtremeCouture
06-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Dear NBA Fan,

Not every foul called or not called is a conspiracy, Refs are human and make mistakes

The NBA is not trying to pull a fix..think about it..As great as a Laker vs Boston Game 7 wouuld be, the ramifications of a league trying to fix it would be worse than the reward for it happening

yeah it only got one ref in trouble last year. im sure the NBA could care less about losing one more for the amount of money they will make

orange machine
06-05-2008, 10:52 PM
So i guess Boston won

turbostud
06-05-2008, 10:53 PM
They are about to.

orange machine
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Thank you finally. I would have looked it up for myself, but i figured i woull keep asking until somebody told me.:cool:

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
yeah it only got one ref in trouble last year. im sure the NBA could care less about losing one more for the amount of money they will make

If the league got caught in a full blown conspiracy it would not have any money, it would crumble and take many many years to reach any kind of respect...again Risk/reward manes no sense

Crow22
06-05-2008, 11:23 PM
If the league got caught in a full blown conspiracy it would not have any money, it would crumble and take many many years to reach any kind of respect...again Risk/reward manes no sense

You mean like if they had officials fixing games that he was betting on?

oh wait....

that's already happened.

Emerson1
06-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Crow22

oh wait....

that's already happened.
If the league was going to fix games, it wouldn't be so officials could win bets

It's still rigged though

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Crow22

oh wait....

that's already happened.

that was a rogue ref, not league madnated fixing..and the crap the NBA took from ONE ref doing his own thing just renforces my point..A league wide fixing things so teams are assured to play for a title scandal would destroy the league far more than the benefits of a great Game 7

Phil C
06-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Dear NBA Fan,

But mistakes can be costly.