PDA

View Full Version : Oil prices fall with demand down; gas prices still rising

garciap77
06-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Gasoline demand goes up = gas prices goes up
Gasoline demand goes down = gas prices goes up
It's a win win for somebody!:thinking: :confused: :mad:

http://reporternews.com/news/2008/jun/04/oil-prices-fall-with-demand-down-gas-prices/

ronwx5x
06-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

http://reporternews.com/news/2008/jun/04/oil-prices-fall-with-demand-down-gas-prices/

Me, only if I own an oil well, which I don't.

I see you are retired air force. I spent about 6 1/2 years as a WSO in F-4's back in the late 60's, early 70's and got my little SEA survivor patch. Not a great career path, so I opted out.

garciap77
06-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I stayed 20 yrs in telecommunications loved the job retired in 97 and now doing the same here at Dyess AFB! Great career path for me! Used my retirement pay to pay for my daugther college and was hoping to use it for my son's college college, but I guess I'll just have to use it for gas instead!:thinking: ;) :D

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Demand dropped last week...ya think? Many folks were off for Memorial Day, so there's an automatic drop. Who could afford to travel? :eek: :doh: :(

garciap77
06-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Demand dropped last week...ya think? Many folks were off for Memorial Day, so there's an automatic drop. Who could afford to travel? :eek: :doh: :(

If we had a Memorial Day weekend every week, would gas prices drop or raise? How about if we had four day work days?:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
06-05-2008, 09:34 AM

Demand for crude products is down. In this country it is peak driving season and demand for REFINED products such as diesel and gas are up. Hence price is up.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
They need to string all the oil execs up by their family jewels. Not right, they are squeezing us and postin billion+ profits every three months.

Macarthur
06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm telling you guys, I'm not a conspiracy type but there's funny stuff going on here with gasoline.

The argument about demand being up is bogus in my mind because only one quarter in the last several years has demand outstretched supply. While it's technically true that demand has gone up, guess what, so has supply!

http://omrpublic.iea.org/currentissues/full.pdf

And I've read several articles recently that have made the case that while speculators can affect prices somewhat on the short -term, they generally don't affect prices greatly in the long-term.

I kinda scratch my head about those that defend the oil industry based on the free market system. The oil industry is any thing but operating in a free market system.

All out CAT
06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I stayed 20 yrs in telecommunications loved the job retired in 97 and now doing the same here at Dyess AFB! Great career path for me! Used my retirement pay to pay for my daugther college and was hoping to use it for my son's college college, but I guess I'll just have to use it for gas instead!:thinking: ;) :D

9th BMS, left in 98. Best thing that ever happened to me...going to LH!

Ranger Mom
06-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I would gladly work a 10 hour day to be on Fridays! I would love to go to a 4 day work week!

garciap77
06-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I would gladly work a 10 hour day to be on Fridays! I would love to go to a 4 day work week!

Would be nice! Make Friday a no drive day between 8:00am - 4:00pm. Except when driving to a 3A football game! The would cut demand down. I do not think Rockdale80 would like this!:thinking: :D