trojan37
06-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Uh, yeah....sure thing!:smoker:

orange machine
06-05-2008, 12:48 AM
:)

STANG RED
06-05-2008, 09:00 AM
August may be about right, but I dont see any drastic drops till the refineries regain a lot of their losses they have incurred over the past few months.

For most of 2008, oil refiners have led the race for the world's worst investment. Refiners have crumpled under the soaring price of crude oil, their biggest cost. Most refiner stocks are down over 50% in the past six months. (Dailey Wealth online magazine)

And now that there are so few refiners left there is much less competition left, so gas prices will be slow to come down. Dont look for huge drops anytime soon. It will just be a few pennies at a time, over a long period of time.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
They will fall Oct - Nov and all the politicians will take credit to try and get elected.

JasperDog94
06-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
They will fall Oct - Nov and all the politicians will take credit to try and get elected. Funny how that works. BTW - I thought our new congress we elected in 2006 was supposed to propose new legislation to help lower gas prices....what happened?:doh: :( :(

Pawdaddy
06-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I thought our new congress we elected in 2006 was supposed to propose new legislation to help lower gas prices....what happened?:doh: :( :(

If you will check closely enough, you will see that since the Democrat (not Democratic) Party took over Congress "everything that should be up is down, and everything that should be down is up!"

garciap77
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Gas should drop by august

Yeah! I heard it should drop back to $10 a gallon!;)

IHStangFan
06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
August may be about right, but I dont see any drastic drops till the refineries regain a lot of their losses they have incurred over the past few months.

For most of 2008, oil refiners have led the race for the world's worst investment. Refiners have crumpled under the soaring price of crude oil, their biggest cost. Most refiner stocks are down over 50% in the past six months. (Dailey Wealth online magazine)

And now that there are so few refiners left there is much less competition left, so gas prices will be slow to come down. Dont look for huge drops anytime soon. It will just be a few pennies at a time, over a long period of time. the other half you didn't factor in is not so much refinery operation costs....but more aligned with costs of exploration both stateside and overseas (take China's Bohai project for example.) Take into account everything that goes into offshore exploration for oil.