PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it..

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I finally downloaded Mozilla Firefox after being fed up with the crap I would get from Internet Explorer. Hopefully this will prove to be a good thing in the long-run.

Emerson1
06-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Did your version of IE at least have tabbed browsing?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Did your version of IE at least have tabbed browsing?

Yeah, I had IE.7 but it had some problems, like crashing sometimes and then when I would re-open it, it wouldn't go to a web page, it would just sit there and say it was connecting. It was quite upsetting indeed. I didn't know this thing had a spell-check though, that's pretty cool and makes me wonder how all the people who have this have spelling errors.

Emerson1
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
My problem is spelling a word wrong, then instead of correcting it I hit add to dictionary.

Don't always believe it, the dictionary is really small so you might be spelling a word right and it not recognize it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
My problem is spelling a word wrong, then instead of correcting it I hit add to dictionary.

Don't always believe it, the dictionary is really small so you might be spelling a word right and it not recognize it.

I've been doing the spelling on my own thus far, and I would say that it's not perfect, but it is quite impeccable.

DU_stud04
06-04-2008, 05:58 PM
im proud of you buddy.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im proud of you buddy.

I'm proud of you too.

jason
06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
IE 7 isnt that bad if you have all of the MS updates (up to SP3)....

if anything, it is problems with your OS install that was causing IE to crash - despite how great people says macs are - xp pro is a pretty good, stable operating system and IE 7 is as good as mozilla.....

Ranger Mom
06-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Ever since I bought this computer my IE ALWAYS gives me the message that it has stopped responding!!

I never open it intentionally, but when I open a link in an IM it pulls IE up instead of Mozilla! I don't think I have made Mozilla my default browser....not sure I even know how!!

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2008, 05:20 AM
Okay, somebody shoot me, but I haven't really noticed what's so special about Mozilla, compared to IE 7. :confused: :nerd:

crzyjournalist03
06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Okay, somebody shoot me, but I haven't really noticed what's so special about Mozilla, compared to IE 7. :confused: :nerd:

we have Firefox here at work, and it crashes on my Mac a minimum of once per day.

Ranger Mom
06-05-2008, 10:10 AM

In my case IE tends to freeze a lot and seems a lot slower.

Does IE7 have the spellchecker like mozilla does??

pirate4state
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
In my case IE tends to freeze a lot and seems a lot slower.

I don't thinik so or if it offers it I don't know where to look! I use google's spellcheck.

I use IE7 at work and have zero problems.

Ranger Mom
06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't thinik so or if it offers it I don't know where to look! I use google's spellcheck.

I use IE7 at work and have zero problems.

That is probably my favorite thing about mozilla......I can type in this thread and it will underline any word it doesn't "like" the spelling of, so I don't have to go elsewhere to check it!

I can look up in your post that I quoted and see where the spell checker didn't like the words "thinik" "google's" (which could be added to the dictionary) and "spellcheck"...(is it 2 words??):thinking:

:D :D :D

pirate4state
06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
That is probably my favorite thing about mozilla......I can type in this thread and it will underline any word it doesn't "like" the spelling of, so I don't have to go elsewhere to check it!

I can look up in your post that I quoted and see where the spell checker didn't like the words "thinik" "google's" (which could be added to the dictionary) and "spellcheck"...(is it 2 words??):thinking:

:D :D :D

HAHAHA

oh well....i thinik i need a nappa :p

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2008, 07:29 PM
:hand: :hand: I don't need a spellchecker. :p :nerd:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-05-2008, 08:20 PM
IE.7 does not in fact have a spelling aid like Mozilla does. The message box for the Downlow on IE.7 is larger than Mozilla's is though, and I like that aspect of IE.7 better so far...

Ranger Mom
06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
:hand: :hand: I don't need a spellchecker. :p :nerd:

Spell checker should be two words!!:) :p