PDA

View Full Version : An quick in-depth analysis of Forney/G'ville

surfspike
11-23-2003, 12:13 AM
A few things that I have concluded:

Gainesville has played two decent teams in the regular season (Celina and Pilot Point) and even then I was not impressed by Celina when I saw them play.

Therefore Gainesville has had an overall easy season and probably the easiest first 2 rounds so far with maybe the exception of Snyder.

Forney averages more points per game than Gainesville and the starters only played half of the season. (usually pulled at halftime) Avg pts= 47 per game.

Forney Defense is solid, but was really only tested by Aledo and Mesquite Horn. I haven't heard of Gainesville passing for alot of yards at any point in the season so the Jackrabbits should expect a Purvey run sequence similar to when Blanton played for Forney.

With that being said, Gainesville better be able to pass the ball because relying on your main running back will only get you so far. Even then the forney secondary is pretty lethal. (ask carthage)

Forney has had a tougher strength of schedule but not by much. (F- 60-65 G- 51-68)

Forney special teams is solid having a kicker worthy of 50 yarders. I think g'ville is about the same. Equal here.

My edge still goes to Forney. Not only can Laury run with the skill of Blanton, but for the first time in roughly 10 yrs, Forney has a STUD QB with Hanie being VERY accurate.

If Forney plays a clean TURNOVER FREE game, then I see no reason why they shouldn't convincingly beat Gainesville.