PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 Cuero SQT June 14th

44INAROW
06-03-2008, 01:47 PM
7 on 7 Cuero SQT June 14th

Gobbler Stadium

Teams signed up (not sure if there has been any additions but I will check into that)

Cuero
Giddings
Gonzazles
La Villa
Palacios
Rice Consolidated
Yoakum

Anyone making the trip to Cuero?

AP Panther Fan
06-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Last year, I think we qualified at Cuero's tournament. Not sure what AP is doing this year.

bandera7
06-03-2008, 02:58 PM
You did qualify in Cuero, because we started to play you in the championship game and then the storm came. I believe we were up 14-7 at the time...you had a great team last year.

AP Panther Fan
06-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
You did qualify in Cuero, because we started to play you in the championship game and then the storm came. I believe we were up 14-7 at the time...you had a great team last year.

Thanks, my daughter's boyfriend plays (he was on the team last year too).

I was just asking him yesterday if and where they would be doing a SQT...he looked at me with a blank stare and shrugged his shoulders.

:nerd: :D

bandera7
06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
thats a shame...you had a solid team last year. Pretty fast too if I remember...but I must say the fastest kid I played all year last year was a freshman from Giddings

44INAROW
06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Here's the schedule....

Gobbler 7-on-7 tourney on June 14

Cuero will host its annual 7-on-7 tournament Saturday, June 14, at Cuero High School. The tournament will feature eight South Texas schools.

In Pool A the teams include Palacios, LaVilla, Rice Consolidated, and Cuero.

In Pool B the teams include Goliad, Yoakum, Giddings, and Gonzales.

The teams in Pool A will compete on the Gobbler Stadium field while those in Pool B will compete on the practice field.

Game 1 will start at 9 a.m. and will feature Palacios vs. LaVilla; Rice Cons. vs. Cuero; Goliad vs. Yoakum and Giddings vs. Gonzales.

At 10 a.m. Game 2 will see Palacios vs. Rice Cons.; LaVilla vs. Cuero; Giddings vs. Goliad; and Yoakum vs. Gonzales.

Game 3 will start at 11 a.m. and will include LaVilla vs Rice Cons.; Cuero vs. Palacios; Gonzales vs. Goliad; and Yoakum vs. Giddings.

The championship game will start at 12:30 and will see the winner of Pool A vs. the winner of Pool B. The third place game will start at 12:30 and will see the 2nd place team in Pool A vs. the second place team in Pool B.

CheerMom
06-04-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm sure we will make the trip. :D