PDA

View Full Version : Dave Cambells Texas Football

dude
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
When is the release date for this magizine?

waterboy
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I heard it was June 14.

dude
06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
thanks can't find it on thier web site you would think that it would be plastered all over it

Gsquared
06-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I saw it on the site, June 16th

BEAST
06-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Anybody care to speculate on who they think the top 10 teams in the DCFM will be. I am new to 3A so I will not compile a list. I do know that Liberty Hill, Celina, Brownwood, and Abilene Wylie will most likely be in there. Who else?

BEAST

easttexas3a
06-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Well it's probably a good time to start throwing out top ten rankings, it makes for good discussion even though it doesn't mean anything haha. I would assume besides Liberty hill and Celine being the clear top 2, China Spring, Abilene Wylie, Gilmer, Cuero, Brownwood, Waco La Vega, Snyder, These are all schools that will be in the top 25 for sure and considered for top ten. I know my own personal 3a team is Gilmer and I would guess they will be anywhere from 6-15 depending on what Dave thinks. I would also say that Brownwood may not get the love most have been suspecting they will get. I have heard a lot of people putting them in the top 5 but I will tell you I would not be suprised to see them in the high teens.

orange machine
06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Well it's probably a good time to start throwing out top ten rankings, it makes for good discussion even though it doesn't mean anything haha. I would assume besides Liberty hill and Celine being the clear top 2, China Spring, Abilene Wylie, Gilmer, Cuero, Brownwood, Waco La Vega, Snyder, These are all schools that will be in the top 25 for sure and considered for top ten. I know my own personal 3a team is Gilmer and I would guess they will be anywhere from 6-15 depending on what Dave thinks. I would also say that Brownwood may not get the love most have been suspecting they will get. I have heard a lot of people putting them in the top 5 but I will tell you I would not be suprised to see them in the high teens.

I thought they were a top 5 team, but i do agree with you they may be further down than that.

HEMOTOXIC
06-03-2008, 08:59 PM
The Navasota Rattlers should round out the top 15.

bandera7
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, I see it coming out like this...somewhere near this anyway

1. Liberty Hill
2. Celina
3. Gilmer
4. West Orange Stark
5. Brownwood
6. Cuero
7. Abilene Wylie
8. Waco La Vega
9. China Spring
10. Giddings

duckpluck
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Now dont get me wrong, I am a Liberty Hill fan through and throuh. BUT.... Why do you guys insist on a high ranking when they lose ALL 3 starting RBs and 4 of the 5 offensive linemen. Only 3 offensive starters return.
On defense, the lose both awesome DEs and some other def players.
I think they will again be good because of the system, but a #1 ranking?

Daddy D 11
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Gidding and La Vega should not be up there. And like duckpluck said, LH loses alot!

LH Panther Mom
06-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
We did fine without it last year. ;)

IHStangFan
06-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Gidding and La Vega should not be up there. And like duckpluck said, LH loses alot! LH sure lost alot, question is...what do they have waiting in the stables? Giddings...They will more than likely have to change up everything they do on offense, so I don't look for them to be the team they were last year. La Vega, I won't even pretend to know what they have coming back this year.

Teams I feel might make some noise (at least in my neck of the woods): Sealy, Navasota.

As for my Blue Jays, we lost a few key players, especially at RB. BUT...we have an upcoming junior in the Hadjik kid that might evolve into a good back. He's got decent size and speed and runs hard.

easttexas3a
06-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I think Bandera brings up a very interesting team in hist top ten in West Orange Stark. I would be curious as to what their fans think of how they will be, also would like to hear how Coach Brooks is turning Jasper around.

IHStangFan
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I think Bandera brings up a very interesting team in hist top ten in West Orange Stark. I would be curious as to what their fans think of how they will be, also would like to hear how Coach Brooks is turning Jasper around. Yes, good call, I'm curious as to what Jasper has returning as well. They really turned it on towards the end of last year.

HEMOTOXIC
06-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Beware of the RATTLERS!

IHStangFan
06-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Beware of the RATTLERS! I'm anxious to see if that RB of yall's is gonna get any love this year. If he stays healthy he OUGHT to!

orange machine
06-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Padillia has the rattlers picked in the top 5 this year. I cnat believe they have Brownwood at 3.:thinking:

trojan37
06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Gidding and La Vega should not be up there. And like duckpluck said, LH loses alot!

La Vega only lost 10 seniors on a 44 man roster. Going off returning starters, they should be up there.

orange machine
06-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Last i heard they lost Chris Parr and he was a massive part of there team.

trojan37
06-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Last i heard they lost Chris Parr and he was a massive part of there team.

One to graduation, one returns.

orange machine
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM
I thought the one that returns was kicked out of La Vega.

trojan37
06-04-2008, 12:00 AM
As far as I know it's just rumor. He will be a junior this year.

orange machine
06-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Well if they have him i guess they should be ok. I still dont see how China knocked them off last year in the playoffs?

trojan37
06-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I expected that to happen. I think La Vega thought they had it in the bag, and China came back and got em. China has some big shoes to fill with Eskew graduating. They still have a lot returning, will win the district no problem, but still don't have a proven QB.

orange machine
06-04-2008, 12:09 AM
He was a good qb. Im on the smoaky board aswell over in east texas and they keep saying that celina wont be able to stop whitehouses passing game . One of them asked me if we went up against any true spread passing teams and i told them about china, but of course they think that they are going to pass all over us, but oh well i guess we will see.

trojan37
06-04-2008, 12:14 AM
They better hope they have time to throw the ball.

orange machine
06-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Oh they keep saying there qb only needs 2 seconds.

orange machine
06-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Well my friend im getting off work and i will type to all yall today some time.

bandera7
06-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I talked to some intelligent West Orange Stark people at the state track meet that didnt seem to have much bias towards their guys abilities, just love for the program. They were very very excited about this upcoming year, because they said that they had alot of sophomores last year and experienced such success. Im basing it off of that, and because they always seem to be good.

navscanmaster
06-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Padillia has the rattlers picked in the top 5 this year. I cnat believe they have Brownwood at 3.:thinking:

I just hope we don't get the Gilmer rap from last year with D1 kids floating around. Rattler offense will be a tough assignment for any defense, but if Coach Fedora keeps on thinking about defense as an afterthought, we will be sitting at home come December again. Look out for Seniors Dexter Pratt (Scout's #7 RB in USA) and Brandall Jackson (Scout's #23 WR in USA). Junior Aleon Calhoun will be getting alot of attention this year anchoring the Left Tackle position at 6'7 330 pounds.

Back to the thread, I see:

1. Liberty Hill
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Celina
4. China Spring
5. Cuero
6. West Orange Stark
7. Navasota
8. Gilmer
9. Brownwood
10. Waco LaVega
11. Snyder
12. Jasper
13. Carthage
14. Sealy
15. Burnet
16. Madisonville
17. Fredericksburg
18. Port Isabel
19. Andrews
20. Sweetwater

BwdLions
06-05-2008, 11:03 AM

:weeping:

BwdLions
06-05-2008, 11:10 AM

Yeah, I agree. They should be ahead of Celina.

garciap77
06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
Well, I see it coming out like this...somewhere near this anyway

1. Liberty Hill
2. Celina
3. Gilmer
4. West Orange Stark
5. Brownwood
6. Cuero
7. Abilene Wylie
8. Waco La Vega
9. China Spring
10. Giddings

:thumbsup:

garciap77
06-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Now dont get me wrong, I am a Liberty Hill fan through and throuh. BUT.... Why do you guys insist on a high ranking when they lose ALL 3 starting RBs and 4 of the 5 offensive linemen. Only 3 offensive starters return.
On defense, the lose both awesome DEs and some other def players.

Tradition and Coaching staff has alot to do with it! Also the fans!:2thumbsup

IHStangFan
06-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I talked to some intelligent West Orange Stark people at the state track meet that didnt seem to have much bias towards their guys abilities, just love for the program. They were very very excited about this upcoming year, because they said that they had alot of sophomores last year and experienced such success. Im basing it off of that, and because they always seem to be good. don't let em get to ya....WOS was my darkhorse last year, and I like em again this year. They had alot of speed and talent last year, and as you stated...they were a young team.

HEMOTOXIC
06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm anxious to see if that RB of yall's is gonna get any love this year. If he stays healthy he OUGHT to!

Hey, you aren't the only one. And to think that he played on the defensive side of the ball in the playoffs. Hopefully, he will not have to go both ways during the season, but, he plays excellent defense as well.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
I would watch Seally. Mitchell and the boys have had a year there. They will be strong and coached well. If they keep their grades up and work hard, they will roll.

IHStangFan
06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
I would watch Seally. Mitchell and the boys have had a year there. They will be strong and coached well. If they keep their grades up and work hard, they will roll. I agree...I think Sealy is up and coming and before too long will be a force to be reckoned with.

lv2937
06-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I just hope we don't get the Gilmer rap from last year with D1 kids floating around. Rattler offense will be a tough assignment for any defense, but if Coach Fedora keeps on thinking about defense as an afterthought, we will be sitting at home come December again. Look out for Seniors Dexter Pratt (Scout's #7 RB in USA) and Brandall Jackson (Scout's #23 WR in USA). Junior Aleon Calhoun will be getting alot of attention this year anchoring the Left Tackle position at 6'7 330 pounds.

Back to the thread, I see:

1. Liberty Hill
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Celina
4. China Spring
5. Cuero
6. West Orange Stark
7. Navasota
8. Gilmer
9. Brownwood
10. Waco LaVega
11. Snyder
12. Jasper
13. Carthage
14. Sealy
15. Burnet
16. Madisonville
17. Fredericksburg
18. Port Isabel
19. Andrews
20. Sweetwater i cant see burnet even in the top 25. we do not have a proven qb. look at what brownwood did to us last week in 7 on 7. right now i would say we are a 4th place team in our district.

Necks_Fan
06-07-2008, 08:52 AM
As far as WOS goes, if I remembercorrectly, they were very young and still did a number on a fitzhenty-less Giddings team last year.

They were lean and mean with some pretty good speed.

Should do pretty well this year.

The team that I look for to do REALLY well that not many people think about is----------------

Sealy. They will be really good. That district will be a fight.

And what about Caldwell. They were really good last year too, and I hear talk of LaGrange.

?