PDA

View Full Version : Dangerfield vs Celina

orange machine
06-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Some of the Dangerfield faithful are predicting that DF will beat up on Celina this year. Also some of the Whitehouse folks are saying the samething that Celina doesnt have a chance againt them.

grahampaw
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
If it was 1983 ,Dangerfield would beat you......but its not.

orange machine
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah good call :clap:

charlesrixey
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
i can tell you the fans will be ready

losses like that tend to stick with you

orange machine
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Gosh i cant wait for pads popping and the sound of the big orange air horn.:cool:

BobcatBenny
06-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Gosh i cant wait for pads popping and the sound of the big orange air horn.:cool:
Isn't what you are doing, tooting your own horn? :confused:

Sorry, but I could not help myself! :D

WOS87
06-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Interesting coincidence...

Celina and Daingerfield have only played once before:

In 2002 Daingerfield had an official enrollment of 479
Celina had an enrollment of 347

In 2008 they will play for the 2nd time
Celina has an official enrollment of 479
Daingerfield has an enrollment of 376

Just 29 students away from an exact reversal

ronwx5x
06-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Interesting coincidence...

Celina and Daingerfield have only played once before:

In 2002 Daingerfield had an official enrollment of 479
Celina had an enrollment of 347

In 2008 they will play for the 2nd time
Celina has an official enrollment of 479
Daingerfield has an enrollment of 376

Just 29 students away from an exact reversal

You're making my head hurt!
:twitch: :wave:

NastySlot
06-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Some of the Dangerfield faithful are predicting that DF will beat up on Celina this year. Also some of the Whitehouse folks are saying the samething that Celina doesnt have a chance againt them.

why shouldn't they say this...can't they feel that they have good enough teams to beat celina or should everyone just say man celina on the schedule chalk it as a lost....do be so worried about what they are saying in east texas.

ronwx5x
06-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
why shouldn't they say this...can't they feel that they have good enough teams to beat celina or should everyone just say man celina on the schedule chalk it as a lost....do be so worried about what they are saying in east texas.

We should all be grateful that Celina grew into a 3A school. This gives everyone a team to hate on! When they finally lose a regular season game, there should be a huge celebration.

:stirpot:

3afan
06-03-2008, 09:28 AM
far, far more people respect Celina than hate them ....

ronwx5x
06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
far, far more people respect Celina than hate them ....

I respect them. I've seen them play, seen the fan following and heard that @#$%& horn. I think that one horn may in fact get horns banned from all games(as wll it should)!!! Other than the horn, they are fun to watch.

I also like and respect most teams I've seen. Sometimes the new posters who just got on the bandwagon because they have a winning season can be annoying, but that is part of the fun. All in all, it is all fun.

NastySlot
06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
i have seen celina play respect their program...and for the most part the fans i have sat with or talked with were all very nice people and from what i have read or heard about the community it is a great place and deserving of not only the football team but the school and other sports teams. I've come to learn most people don't hate programs or get joy out watching kids fail or lose...they enjoy it cause loud mouth fans are not as vocal after a loss.......................and that horn....(not just celina)what the #eLL is the purpose of that does it really get people excited about watching football....they should be baned.

ronwx5x
06-03-2008, 10:05 AM
i have seen celina play respect their program...and for the most part the fans i have sat with or talked with were all very nice people and from what i have read or heard about the community it is a great place and deserving of not only the football team but the school and other sports teams. I've come to learn most people don't hate programs or get joy out watching kids fail or lose...they enjoy it cause loud mouth fans are not as vocal after a loss.......................and that horn....(not just celina)what the #eLL is the purpose of that does it really get people excited about watching football....they should be baned.
:ditto: :iagree:

ronwx5x
06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
By the way Nasty, how does one wind up in Stonewall? Did you grow up around there or just moved there because you like it?

3afan
06-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
....get horns banned from all games(as wll it should)!!! ...

WHY'S THAT? WHATS WRONG WITH THEM?

waterboy
06-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Most of the things I've read on that other site are from one overzealous fan. He has a right to be optimistic, whether it's realistic or not. Most of the Daingerfield people are more realistic, and know it's one of those tough games they have scheduled to see if they can measure up. Most Tiger fans know it will be a monumental task to stay in the game with the Bobcats, let alone win. But being die-hard Tiger fans, they will look at that game with the mind-set that they can win, and anything can happen on any given Friday night. Personally, although I would like to see the Tigers give them a good game, I don't see them beating the Bobcats. Celina has earned the respect of anybody who follows high school football, including me, and would be a formidable opponent for ANY team (including 4A).

NastySlot
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
By the way Nasty, how does one wind up in Stonewall? Did you grow up around there or just moved there because you like it?

I got lucky and got a job in the area.

rockdale80
06-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Both teams will beat Celina this year. Sorry Bobcats. Whitehouse will probably decimate you. DF will only win by 16.

NastySlot
06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
WHY'S THAT? WHATS WRONG WITH THEM?

they really serve no purpose...why do we need loud annoying horns at a game.......to draw attention to the adults blowing them...takes away from the game.....now i have no problem with noise makers in the stands by the fans...to a certain extent...but the loud horns on the sidelines just become a competition of who can have the biggest loudest most annoyng horn.....really who wants to hear them?

lets just get back to old school football...the boys play, the girls cheer and band plays....and parents are seen in the stands.

blow up walk throughs, smoke, big air horns....stadiums with jumbotrons...people bragging about four story press boxes (ones they will never watch a game from) field turf....who needs all that.

lets just play some texas high school football...the best in the country.

gatordaze
06-03-2008, 12:06 PM
they really serve no purpose...why do we need loud annoying horns at a game.......to draw attention to the adults blowing them...takes away from the game.....now i have no problem with noise makers in the stands by the fans...to a certain extent...but the loud horns on the sidelines just become a competition of who can have the biggest loudest most annoyng horn.....really who wants to hear them?

lets just get back to old school football...the boys play, the girls cheer and band plays....and parents are seen in the stands.

blow up walk throughs, smoke, big air horns....stadiums with jumbotrons...people bragging about four story press boxes (ones they will never watch a game from) field turf....who needs all that.

lets just play some texas high school football...the best in the country.

Sorry to hear about your small horn...

NastySlot
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Sorry to hear about your small horn...

maybe its the same for horns as it is with what they say about sports cars and big trucks...just trying to compensate???????

ronwx5x
06-03-2008, 12:34 PM
maybe its the same for horns as it is with what they say about sports cars and big trucks...just trying to compensate???????

Or, as we fighter pilots used to say, "big clock, little ....". Speaking of large wristwatches, of course.

icu812
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Celina by a lot over Dfield.

The Whitehouse game I think could really be a great game. I'm not sure who to give the edge to but it's hard to argue Celina's record over the years. However, Whitehouse is a good 4A with a good QB and is a program that is on the rise in ET. Credit goes to both coaches for scheduling this one.

BILLYFRED0000
06-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Most of the things I've read on that other site are from one overzealous fan. He has a right to be optimistic, whether it's realistic or not. Most of the Daingerfield people are more realistic, and know it's one of those tough games they have scheduled to see if they can measure up. Most Tiger fans know it will be a monumental task to stay in the game with the Bobcats, let alone win. But being die-hard Tiger fans, they will look at that game with the mind-set that they can win, and anything can happen on any given Friday night. Personally, although I would like to see the Tigers give them a good game, I don't see them beating the Bobcats. Celina has earned the respect of anybody who follows high school football, including me, and would be a formidable opponent for ANY team (including 4A).

Well nice thing is that dfield is a respected program and you never walk onto the field without taking care of your own business. Coach Ford will prepare the boys well and that means we expect a game.

I was glad we got a little scheduling break this year because we do get a couple of tough games before district. And our district I believe overall will be pretty good as well. I do know that we have some good players left and good ones coming up. I look for us to be close to what we were last year. Possibly as good if some of the new guys step up.