PDA

View Full Version : San Juan Puerto Rico info needed

Antec
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
We are crusing from Miami on Royal Carribean ship Freedom of the Seas to Puerto Rico, St Thomas and St Marten in late June

We had booked two shore excursions on Puerto Rico through RC and both were canceled for one reason or another

There are only 5 left and don't seem very appealing

One I horseback riding

One is shopping, a few sight seeing with tour of Bicardi Rum

Has anyone been there and have any suggestions what to do

We have a snorkeling trip scheduled at St Thomas

espn1
06-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I've done the Snorkeling it's incredible. The shopping tour sounds good. You can break away and go exploring.

SWMustang
06-02-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't know if it's anything like Mexico, but there should be tons of vendors trying to sell you packages right when you get off the boat. It's usually better than the cruise package they put together for you - a little more intimate.

Chief Woodman
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Been there on a cruise, trust me don't book anything there.

Instead, just walk around on your own in Old San Juan. The Churches, governors mansion and the old fort can be done on your own for virtually no cost. The old town is beautiful!!

St Thomas- SCUBA dive there dude!! The U S Navy sank some barges there after WW II and they are a great dive site.

Old Green
06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Antec
We are crusing from Miami on Royal Carribean ship Freedom of the Seas to Puerto Rico, St Thomas and St Marten in late June

We had booked two shore excursions on Puerto Rico through RC and both were canceled for one reason or another

There are only 5 left and don't seem very appealing

One I horseback riding

One is shopping, a few sight seeing with tour of Bicardi Rum

Has anyone been there and have any suggestions what to do

We have a snorkeling trip scheduled at St Thomas I know 2 couples from Cuero who will be on that same cruise this month.