PDA

View Full Version : UIL to change playoff pairings

Titans
11-06-2002, 11:25 AM
The proposal from the UIL this past weekend has now been posted: in a nutshell here it is...

all districts will be 8 teams, with all 8 going to the playoffs.

Division I: 1st place teams in district only
Division II: 2nd place teams in district
Division III: 3rd place teams in district.
Division IIX: last place teams in district

WHY NOT? They are watered down now...this way all teams have the opportunity to be successful. And we seem to be in the "FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES" stage.

Yes, this is joke, but IMHO, I think the 2 tier playoff system is a joke too. Once again, just my opinion.

Tell me your opinion!!!

hotstuff
11-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Sounds twisted, but please don't let your idea spread to Austin. Hell, they might try to implement it in 6-man as well!

Titans
11-06-2002, 11:35 AM
oooh - you don't think the legislature is reading this, do you?

Old Dog
11-06-2002, 12:04 PM
Titans, Love your post.....it's fun to poke fun at the mess the UIL has made of the playoffs. They could make it like Little League and present a participation trophy to each team....just for showing up. As Dana Carey would say, "what's behind this....could it be MONEY"?

RBMorris21
11-06-2002, 12:16 PM
I think that is exactly what it is. More money.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Hey you got a good point, I can see two in each district, that way you might have two good teams that are in the same district that might both go pretty deep into the playoffs, thats when I think it is good for two teams, I agree with two.
But the only thing I see in three teams it is good for some schools that never get the chance to play in a playoff game, we all know it is a good felling, either playing, or just going to a playoff game. Yes I guess the UIL added a third team mostly for the revenue of money? Have you ever see a third place team make it past the 1st round? There are probably some Districts that have three good teams but most of the time the third place team is not that good.I guess most of us havent been that 3rd team we have been used to 1st or 2nd, I guess if it ever happened to us, and would end up in 3rd, thoughts probably would be different.
Hey good luck to all of you! GO BELLVILLE BRAHMAS!!!!