PDA

View Full Version : KRXT-FM, K-MAC Sports joint venture for Hutto baseball

K-MAC Chuck
06-02-2008, 05:35 PM
To all:
We WILL be streaming the Hutto state semifinal game this Wednesday on 3ADL!

I will be working the game with Jay Davis, as fans will get the best of BOTH WORLDS - an online AND radio broadcast! The game will be broadcast on radio at KRXT-FM (98.5 FM, Rockdale) as well as RIGHT HERE on 3ADL..

My thanks to Jay and Charlie McGregor, station owner, from KRXT-FM for working together on this with us...

We'll begin the broadcast with a 15-minute pregame show at 2:45 p.m. on Wednesday from UFCU Disch-Falk Field..

K-MAC Chuck
06-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I just got a call from Charlie McGregor of KRXT-FM...

They're going to run promotons that the Hutto broadcasts on both KRXT-FM and 3ADownlow.com on their air..

Extra exposure for 3ADL!

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2008, 06:17 PM
That's awesome news! :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Tell Jay Davis that Gary Randall sends his regards. He's a really good guy and very knowledgeable and passionate about sports.

ILS1
06-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
I just got a call from Charlie McGregor of KRXT-FM...

They're going to run promotons that the Hutto broadcasts on both KRXT-FM and 3ADownlow.com on their air..

Extra exposure for 3ADL!

That's GREAT NEWS!!!!!

:D :D :D

pirate4state
06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Looking forward to it!! :clap:

Crow22
06-03-2008, 09:32 AM
How about broadcasting the MV - PG game too???

pirate4state
06-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
How about broadcasting the MV - PG game too??? They have to get permission & those schools already had broadcasting.

From UIL website:

RADIO STATIONS: Radio stations providing a live broadcast of the event will be limited to two credentials per station. Radio stations not doing a broadcast of the event will be limited to one credential. STATIONS WITH NO VESTED INTEREST IN THE EVENT WILL BE DENIED CREDENTIALS. Radio stations must identify school(s) they are covering in their media credential request.

K-MAC Chuck
06-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
How about broadcasting the MV - PG game too???

Hey Crow22,
K-MAC Sports/3ADL contacted all 4 schools in the tournament, and Hutto was the only one that didn't have a REGULAR media outlet covering it.

We received permission from Coach Penland at Hutto to do the game. We eventually worked out the current agreement/arrangement with the great folks at KRXT-FM, so Hutto fans can listen to the game LIVE both on radio and online!

44INAROW
06-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey Crow22,
K-MAC Sports/3ADL contacted all 4 schools in the tournament, and Hutto was the only one that didn't have a REGULAR media outlet covering it.

We received permission from Coach Penland at Hutto to do the game. We eventually worked out the current agreement/arrangement with the great folks at KRXT-FM, so Hutto fans can listen to the game LIVE both on radio and online!
I am looking forward to it.......... ;)

K-MAC Chuck
06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am looking forward to it.......... ;)

Thank you, MISS 44inarow! :D

HipposGitErDun
06-04-2008, 12:56 AM
How will we access the broadcast? Will there be a link on the downlow?

Thanks for doing this,,, stuck in Germany when Hutto is going to win state is a bummer.

Old Tiger
06-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun

Thanks for doing this,,, stuck in Germany when Hutto is going to win state is a bummer. yes....you should be able to click somewhere on the headline on 3adownlow

LH Panther Mom
06-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun

Thanks for doing this,,, stuck in Germany when Hutto is going to win state is a bummer.
There will be a Windows Media Player button toward the top of the page.

sinton66
06-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Everyone please let us know if you experience any skips, buffering, etc. with this webcast. Feedback is essential moving forward. We are testing our bandwidth provider's capabilities with this week's webcast. We must know for sure whether or not they can deliver what we need. We need as many people as possible to listen in.

pirate4state
06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Sounds good right now!

There was a little dead air when I first logged on...:D

"phone crackling"

K-MAC Chuck
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
hey guys..
we had a problemw tih teh playback machine, so we don't have one for the online feed..

as a result, you're going to hear dead air during the breaks, sorry nothing we can do about it at this point!

DaHop72
06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
hey guys..
we had a problemw tih teh playback machine, so we don't have one for the online feed..

as a result, you're going to hear dead air during the breaks, sorry nothing we can do about it at this point! I beat we can live with it.:thumbsup:

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!