PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Girl's Basketball Coach Reassigned

nobogey72
06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
That's all I know. It happened last Thursday, but it hasn't been in the paper yet. His name was (or I guess still is) Alan Ayers. :confused: :confused:

wildstangs
06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I guess the parents that wrote nasty letters to the ARN can finally be happy.

nobogey72
06-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I guess the parents that wrote nasty letters to the ARN can finally be happy.

No joke. I don't know coach Ayers very well, but I think he has won district every year he has been at Wylie, and went to the final game in '06. Having said that, there are a lot of parents that for whatever reason will be glad to see him gone. Who knows?:confused:

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
No joke. I don't know coach Ayers very well, but I think he has won district every year he has been at Wylie, and went to the final game in '06. Having said that, there are a lot of parents that for whatever reason will be glad to see him gone. Who knows?:confused:

What was the stink not to long ago? Only the "in" girls got any
playing time...regardless of who was more talented.:confused:

nobogey72
06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What was the stink not to long ago? Only the "in" girls got any
playing time...regardless of who was more talented.:confused:

:confused: ALL of the Wylie gir's are "in"!!! :D Seriously, the main complaint I have always heard from parents is that he subs 5 at a time. It doesn't matter if a girl has hit 3 3's in a row, if it is time to sub, then she is coming out. That has always been his philosophy. :thinking:

vet93
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Seems to have worked pretty well...

Originally posted by nobogey72
:confused: ALL of the Wylie gir's are "in"!!! :D Seriously, the main complaint I have always heard from parents is that he subs 5 at a time. It doesn't matter if a girl has hit 3 3's in a row, if it is time to sub, then she is coming out. That has always been his philosophy. :thinking:

nobogey72
06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Seems to have worked pretty well...

Yep! It's hard to argue with his production, but there are many that think that they should have done better in the playoffs.:rolleyes:

Phil C
06-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't know the circumstances but from a fan's viewpoint it would take some convincing to remove a player that was having a hot hand and scoring several points in a row before I would remove her. If someone is having a big game the time to take them out is when they miss a few points not while they are making them. Of course good defensive play is also in consideration.

BwdLion_80
06-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Not trying to start anything, but didn't a couple of Jim Ned's star players leave Wylie just a year or so ago to play at JN? Could something to do with this be a part of it all?

nobogey72
06-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Not trying to start anything, but didn't a couple of Jim Ned's star players leave Wylie just a year or so ago to play at JN? Could something to do with this be a part of it all?

Sounds like you are just trying to start something.:D

Yep, those were 2 of the more disgruntled players and parents. Both of them picked up and moved down the road. One of them right in the middle of the season. Less than 1 yr after playing in the state champ. game. But, they ended up getting a ring at Jim Ned this yr. So...... draw your own conclusions.:thinking: :thinking:

injuredinmelee
06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I have also been told there was a sexual harrassment in the locker room issue that was not being addressed to some of the parents satisfaction.

injuredinmelee
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Any news on a replacement?

TinyTim
06-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Any news on a replacement?

Hugh Sandifer

RedWhiteBlue
06-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Hugh Sandifer
Hugh can coach basketball. Hugh can do it all. He has done it before.

TinyTim
06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Hugh can coach basketball. Hugh can do it all. He has done it before.

My point exactly.